That one RP you can't get out of your head...

Richard Castle

For sure the plot that I'm in now. My partner and I both agree that we spend 70% of our time writing it and the rest dreaming about it.

• I read this! 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

So many, but one of the stories I have been thinking the most about lately is a roleplay in which the characters had been in the Titanic, and fallen for each other there. We had begun to show what comes after the  happily ever after, with the characters seeing that maybe they were not the match made in heaven they thought they were. Sadly, my partner grew bored before we could finish the story arc.

Shady McShaderson

• 1 month later...

The one RP that never got off the ground that I can't let go of was a original shapeshifted RP that I helped construct. Scifiy in a post-apoc future with various shapeshifters and I just...ugh, I had so many good characters who are just sitting on my computer with nothing to do. I have a mighty need for a scifi shifter RP because of that one.

The one RP that just died...oh, X-Men of 2020. An online friend of mine started that one and almost all of the members were members of the online adoptables board we were a part of. I stopped participating at some point and by the time I ventured back, it was dead and then not long after was when Geocities went down. I've looked at the plots of other X-Men RPs since but I haven't found one that fits the hole that that RP left.

Edited by Terion

rpgd-sig-banner-white.png

The stage is set. The war is on. Now we just need you.

One of my favorite threads I had ever written was a ton of time ago on a (then) post-Potter RP (it was set I believe in 2010 and time moved linearly with the actual time, so the chances of catching up were pretty rare). Basically, the whole plot was based around my character (who ended up in Slytherin for his ambition to destroy his half-family), polyjuiced himself into a girl and then made out with his half-brother, just to piss his brother off.

Turned out that his half-brother liked it, and my character wanted to wash his mouth out with bleach for the rest of the year. It totally backfired which was great, and the thread had so many people laughing. We also never actually finished the plot, so I also always think of how it could've ended.

I still like to think of the thread because it was apart of my high school-aged RPing career and it was some of the best times in my life. Sadly, the site shut down maybe when I was a sophomore/junior in college. Ahh, forever memories of silly threads like that.

I find it difficult to single out any particular board I have been part of.  Nevertheless, I'll go back to my exclusive involvement in the ani-manga community.  Despite him not being Asian, Francesco Rossi was an adolescent werewolf attending a high school for fellow supernatural beings.  I can't remember how he ended up there, but it did involve his real identity.  Rossi's mum is/was a beautiful non-Italian girl who became pregnant with a muscly lycan's child (id est Rossi).  She ran away from home after he abandoned her, dying almost immediately upon delivering their son.  A pricy locket got stolen.

Rossi's human form made him a passable for a female, save his red pupils.  The bipedal appearance looked like that of Ginei Morioka (Rosario + Vampire), though he had ruddy fur and a delicate build.  I chose the singing voice of Croatian mezzo-sopranist Max Cenčić when the countertenor was a treble to show off Rossi's musical talent.  My character performed in choir and on stage.  Nobody took up Rossi's father, which I thought would've made a deep side-plot.  Unfortunately, the Pro-Boards hosted game died.  I saved what I could of the youth and created my two original personages.  That venue, I quite miss.

Edited by Jacob

• 4 years later...

A RP I had going with a writer like 10 years back or so. I rp'ed Steve McGarrett and she roleplayed Kono Kalakaua and we shiipped them together. We had so many good storylines together and I enjoyed writing with her and miss that. I'm not even sure she's in the rp community anymore but I often think of her and our ship.

Happy Chicago Fire GIF by Wolf Entertainment

• 3 weeks later...

There was one Metahuman RP I joined. Instantly bonded with someone and their character and we literally took over the dash (this was when I RPed on tumblr) and easily had over 1000 posts between our characters alone. It was easily the most fun and best time I had on an RP until it wasn't but that is a different story. I still think about it though and just how great if brief that time was.

• 1 month later...

An original post apocalyptic site where humanity had nearly gone extinct due a major solar flare event. Huge city in the middle of nowhere, desert all around it. People had forgotten the old world and just tried to make it. Helped to create it and run it, but RL got in the way in the end. Had so much muse for it and so many stories to tell. A lot of cool systems and friends there but inevitably we had to close it down. It's the one that I remember from time to time still.

• 1 month later...

One RP that never seem to leave my mind is a pirate/privateer one I was a part of many, many years ago, called "Before the Mast". I keep thinking about my character and especially one thread in particular - and the whole site just made such a huge impact, I can't seem to forget it.

I wasn't there for too long, as it was really forward driven and I have always struggled to keep up if activity is very high, but that was also one of the things I absolutely loved about it. That admin was, and is still to this day, my biggest RP inspiration and if I can even become a fraction of the admin and writer she was I would be so very happy. 

32931973_SAgif(1).gif.746e26b022202f76c8b58022c38b9a76.gif

• 3 weeks later...

A roleplay I can never forget -- my very first BIG story arch roleplay. There were several character's involved, we had even gone so far to make NPC accounts. It was my first time being in a planned roleplay and the ending of it really stuck with me. A lot of tears shed the day it ended--I hope to achieve that level of planning and dedication with each new roleplay.

• 1 month later...

My first rp I was involved in and ended up running toward the end has always been the one that has stuck with me. It's one I always go back to, even with just a couple of people that I play with, as well as has kicked off several fantasy/paranormal book series I'm working on. It's a part of me and always will be.

No clue what to put here yet

• 1 month later...

Keep coming back to this idea or at least thinking about it and updating the lore and such for it every few months. Like my previous one, it was a super powers/abilities/metahumans genre roleplay. The original incarnation of it was one that I joined that had aliens that were experimented on, died, but their consciousnesses lied on and would possesses human buddies. This gave them powers and some of the alien's memories, knowledge, skills etc etc. When the host dies, the consciousness leaves them then will possesses someone else and the cycle repeats. Government experiments also made it so others were born with powers and so the setting would start. It died when one of the admin's had their stalker ex find they were on it, had a mature thread, and tried to report, hack, and then harass everyone on the site. Staff closed it down for protection.

A couple of years later I contacted staff asking if I could revive it but was told no at first. A few weeks later and the admin said I could but only if I made it a spiritual successor or alternate 'My' universe and 'paid homage' to instead of just reusing the setting and lore. I did that and 8 years ago made basically an alternate universe site that was popular and lasted about 2 years. Recreated it like 3 years ago on tumblr.... did not go well as other abilities RPs HATED it for various reasons most tying to another site in their niche genre already having double the member base with its first week than they had in their 8 months. As well as not knowing anyone running those other sites as apparently if you weren't friends with someone it was ok to destroy your site with rumors while promoting their own. I dunno tumblr is a petty place. Thinking of reviving it though, its more a spiritual successor to the previous two version these days. With the origins being tied to an ancient human-like civilization (think something like HALO's Precursors or Assassin Creed's Isu) and it being set in a more futuristic setting that takes inspo from the Total Recall, the Deus Ex series and a bit of Mirror's Edge.