Sign in to follow this  
Richard Castle

That one RP you can't get out of your head...

For me, it's probably a site that no longer exists. I think about it off and on, along with the memories I created there. The site was called Poisonwood, and it was about medieval werewolves. It was glorious. Of course, I was a "noob" back then, but I knew how to crank out those posts. That was back when I actually had muse and could consistently crank out 500+ word posts and was even on a site that had a minimum of 800+ words. There was another site I was on (also on Proboards, surprise surprise, amirite?) that was called Valkyrie.

It was set in California and even though I felt entirely out of my element on that site, they welcomed me all the same. I believe they moved to Jcink and have since died but I could be wrong on the latter. Regardless, the point of this thread was for the community to reflect on sites that they miss, wish had continued on, and even sites that never made it off the ground, for whatever reason. Now that I'm thinking about it, I could go on for days and days, but I won't bore you much more, other than to say that Archwood was another site with a great concept that didn't last nearly long enough. In one fashion or another, I miss all of my sites, but certain ones certainly stand out more than others. It was thanks to Archwood that I learned colorful language like douchenozzle. Come to think of it, pretty sure another site I was on used more colorful language, but I can't recall the name... I think it may have been something like Cherrywood, perhaps? 

The running joke is that I have a thing for wood.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Richard Castle said:

The site was called Poisonwood, and it was about medieval werewolves

Poisonwood was my site! Omg its wonderful to hear that it left a lasting impression on someone. I've always regretted having to let that one go. What was your screen name back then? 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2

On 12/4/2017 at 11:42 PM, Dragon said:

Poisonwood was my site! Omg its wonderful to hear that it left a lasting impression on someone. I've always regretted having to let that one go. What was your screen name back then? 

I believe it may have been Brenda? Or StrychnineCyanide? I BELIEVE I used Anna Kendrick (not very medieval, I know, lol) and my table template had the quote "she's a sin worth believing." xP

Haha, it definitely doesn't exist for me - I used to roleplay on a Pokemon fansite with a bunch of other people, and we roleplayed an 'Eeveelution Clan'.  It was really fun at the time - we were just kids - but of course, it dissipated when we all started to grow up.  Still think about it sometimes, though! (: 

Awards