Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

Rune

I kinda want Bee Kid to visit my site. They could totally have a bee shifter. I don't care about realism. We basically run off the Rule of Cool.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:25 PM, Honorem said:

Should have made then 1 pixel thinner, once per week, until they noticed.

'Wtf are they getting EVEN THINNER? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!'

I've left a site for having skinny scrollbars but I didn't complain about it. I was only part of the site for like a month and had 3 characters when they switched their decent premade skin to a custom one that just did not work for me and with no way to switch back. (Which made sense because a lot of things changed and as an admin who has switched skins out before, it's a hassle to keep older ones updated.) So I just left. There's no point bitching about something that's not going to change. But for a NEW MEMBER to whine... even worse. You joined the site as it was, so making demands on the admins like that is pretty rude.

Edited by Zozma
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

Reality is an illusion. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had a complaint on a superpowers RP I ran that I was crushing someone's writing spirit because I wouldn't let them have Omnipity. 

• LOL 1

ad_base.png

I got a complaint from a player in a Star Trek sim because I prohibited their character from carrying 1900's style guns and swords/daggers while their character was on a standard duty shift. Like, just because Picard did it once in ONE film, doesn't mean I'm going to let you fly in the face of an entire genre, you tool!

• LOL 1

Player: can I play god?
Me: no, that wouldn't work here and these are the reasons why.
Player: proceeds to submit god as a character
Me: denied
Player: you tarsus! proceeds to other veiled insults as well.
Me: goodbye

• LOL 1

That the lore for my site was too wordy, when it was obvious all other games were just as wordy if not more. Think I was being trolled tbh.

• I read this! 1

One time, funny story lol I was helping a player on a very game-y stat-system-y site get their character up to snuff. Long story, but basically they were being a giant pain in the butt, and pissed me off at some point, so I passed the entire thing to one of my mods. Like, I was going to snap at this person if somebody else didn't take over. Incidentally he was the battle mod anyway, so... like it was kind of more his job rather than specifically mine.

And this player.... lol................... throws this gigantic fit whinging about violations of privacy because our staff team talked to one another about applications, and I thought that was just the wildest fucking thing I'd ever heard because of course we did??? Like???????? xD In hindsight it was a very hilarious and entitled rant probably borne of a very insecure person, but also what the actual fuck?

If you're curious, the player rage quit after that.

• LOL 3
  • Cringe 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

A new member joins. They write an app with no connections to anything or anyone on the site for a character that is shy and reclusive. I warn them that it will be hard to plot this character and they say they're fine with that. So I accept the character, interested in seeing what they do next. Which is... nothing. They make no attempt at plotting, write no IC posts or opens, and don't talk to anyone OOC. Several weeks go by and I eventually have to send them a message saying they need to post or their character will be archived for inactivity. 

They message me back saying it's rude that I haven't done anything to help them integrate into the site, call us cliquey and unfriendly, and threaten to leave if they don't get threads. When I tell them that they have to take the first step to integrate, rather than expecting the existing members to do everything for them, they call me unfair and do in fact quit. Sorry nobody bent over backwards to write with a nearly unthreadable character when it seemed like you ghosted on us? I don't know how that's my problem. 

• Agree 2
  • Preach it! 2

"This skin is too purple" 

...it wasn't even purple. It was blue with a very obvious winter color scheme.

• LOL 2

pfZKNf.png

I honestly can't remember them all...

First one I remember is one member complaining about how nobody is into scifi... When a lot of people had scifi ideas floating around. People were even interested in their ideas but that wasn't good enough. Something to that extent.

I've had a few people outright say that people didn't seem 'mature' enough, mixed in with the typical complaints of boredom when they didn't get instant satisfaction.

Also have a few members (who haven't dropped by in a good while, thank god) who come by and complain that nobody is good enough to write with them. Ok, sure, don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

There was also a situation where the mods were approached by the same member, who had the same complains (site was inactive, they were looking for mature people, that shit), and I'm pretty sure they were being baited. Felt like shit because I was at work when this was going down and didn't get home until late before I was able to talk with the mods. Luckily this person left the site pretty much the next day and was never heard from again. Saved me from giving them the boot when the trash took itself out.

Last one I remember was from a few years ago, I had a conversation over email about writing levels or something. As the site has a section for one liners, an intermediate section, more 'advanced' writing, and the 18+ section. I don't remember much of it, other than they wanted to know something about the PG13 rating, I think? I don't know. I wish I could find that conversation. It was dumb as hell and I stopped responding because it was going nowhere and they were on their high horse. 

I made the heinous mistake of plotting with a player that asked for a plot. Another player didn't like them and somehow, that meant I was a POS for RPing with them? If you wanted a plot, you should have asked. I'm not a GD mind reader. 

Reality is an illusion. 

• 2 months later...

After I resigned from an old site as admin, I was helping the new staff get settled into the role. I created a skin for them, because they didn't yet know how to set up the design portion of the site. One of the other staff who were not part of the design team told me in front of everyone that I was crossing lines by helping since I had already left. So I said that's fine, and stopped helping with the move. That site died shortly afterwards. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 2

Weirdest (or perhaps silliest) complaint I ever had... Someone felt uncomfortable RPing at my site because it wasn't premium and because it wasn't premium they weren't sure if their characters were allowed to swear, and because this made them uncomfortable they decided it was best for them to leave.

Meanwhile, mine and other characters swore left and right. If they had only asked what was allowed (or read the rules), then... they wouldn't have had that problem. XD So, I ended up adding to our rules "ask questions!" along with linking to what Jcink doesn't allow for non-premiums (which is actually not a whole lot) and we haven't had any issues with our lack of premium since.

Edited by Zelkova
  • LOL 1
jAV3hKd.png

• 4 months later...

One of the weirdest complaints I've dealt with is someone posting in a "rant" channel on discord, asking for opinions and then rage-quitting because they didn't like the responses given. Honestly, I laughed for a while (this person has a history of joining & quitting often and taking OOC/non-canon talk as IC and/or personally)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I've had a few... Setting aside the general "your lore/layout sucks. Change it and I'll join", here's two:

The funniest was the dude who came at me, buttmad to the nth degree with a 10 paragraph rant over our header graphic. It was a gangland style forum based in Boston, so of course it was Irish gangs (original, I know lol). He took deep offense to the fact that I'd chosen to put the phrase "Éirinn go Brách" on the header, and how it should've been "Erin go bragh", the former being the proper Gaelic and the latter being an anglicized version, and the fact that we had the faces of the gang leaders on the header and one of them was biracial (Irish and African American, which the play by actually was).... I don't know either...

I still don't understand this one, but it ended in relative hilarity for everyone on the board who saw.
A girl who's clearly new to RP joins out "spooky town with violent monsters in the woods" board. She's not grasping the lore so I decide to throw one of my head honcho characters, Tobias, at her so she can see it in action. Her character wants to go frolicking through the friggen woods, and Tobias repeatedly tells her that's a quick way to die around here, but she doesn't listen. We warned her OOC that we let our staff-run NPCs do some minor godmodding against characters in the woods (you got an OOC 'warning shot' PM to get your character out of there or let it happen, and you decided the extent of injury to your character), but she persisted, so in came the monsters! She decided that her character died from the attack then went quiet. We figured she'd had a temper tantrum about there being consequences for her character's actions, so I went to bed. No, she posted a novel in a public thread while I was asleep, to complain about how we were so horrible to her despite multiple warnings (like at least 10) both ICly and OOC. By the time I woke up, she'd been run off by the lovable scamps, scoundrels, and shitposters of the board group RPing an elaborate scene of what happened to her character's body in her complaint novel thread. This all happened in the span of about 5 hours, and I'm still convinced it was a weird dream...

• Cringe 1

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

• 2 weeks later...

That "the site was down" every time they couldn't access it from their computer with the wi fi. Nobody else had this problem (I always took these complaints seriously and asked anyone who was online) and this person could access the site from their phone. Yet, they still insisted that the site was down all the time. 

And then the one time the site was actually down for scheduled maintenance, they threw a fit because they couldn't possibly have known - I had just put it on the site calendar, PM'ed every member and reminded them on the cbox that the site would be down tomorrow, from X to Y, and will be up again as soon as maintenance is done.

Shady McShaderson