Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

Rune

Guest Archaic Cyborg

An oldie but a goldie.

At the time I had a DC villain Canon role. A new person joins my rpg, we plot out a basic premise which had some red flags, but she assured me she would   remember the boundaries.... 

Cut to her trying to derail the thread to fuel her, uh,  fantasy. I quickly dropped the scene, then she proceeded to try and tear me & my site down because apparently I am a bad player, and a pig, for not raping her character.  There's no reaction gif that's good enough for how off the wall she was.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:06 PM, Garmr said:

Accidentally called a player by the wrong gender pronoun and got informed I'm mentally ill and nobody likes me. When I stated "I don't have time for this shit" and left the cbox watched as the other players groused about how rude I was. 

I am guilty of doing this a lot, I forget the sensitivity of pronouns and my brain is quick to type one out that may not be proper though it is never on purpose. I have been bashed myself for this and even drug through the mud for it, even after expressing my apologies and non-purposeful ill intentions.

• I read this! 1
  • Preach it! 1
  • Cringe 1

wcc_aff_one.png.ee644d7c84e4471ab7231d79aa59872c.png freerphostaffbutton.png.2c941043f4d1bcb22ada2b22d3e60dfc.png myrpg-affiliate.png.5453a73021a9354b5b772ac4e15f7ef9.png

On 11/24/2018 at 2:15 AM, Honorem said:

The complaint that my fantasy board isn't actually fantasy, because "fantasy doesn't restrict creativity". Came about because we have a set list of species to select from (human, elf, dwarf, orc, etc). But I apparently should just let them create their neko/catgirl species, lore be damned. Because fantasy apparently means no restrictions or in-world lore rules.

This really IS one of the weirdest complaints I've heard :S

I've had someone annoyed that they couldn't play a celt in our Ancient Greece forum? Does that count as weird? :S

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

• 2 weeks later...

One member kept telling others that certain members stole their art ideas.

By itself, not that weird, but ...

1. This member had not linked any art gallery of their own on-site or our discord.

2. Hadn't posted any art onsite (or even indicated they were an artist outside the complaints)

3. Most of the 'stolen' art was on the site months before the member was.

Oh and one against me personally
Apparently I'm not welcoming enough to new members if I don't want to disclose if I'm single or not in our first conversation.

• LOL 2
  • Preach it! 1

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

Oh, boy. Remembered some nice ones.

1- I was humiliating a member by eventually correcting his grammar. He was constantly correcting me even on things that weren't wrong, and his excuse was that English was not his first language - when it's not mine either.

2- I was making the same member's depression worse because I wasn't constantly available for him when his preferred partner wasn't around, because he needed to be kept entertained at all times or he would be depressed.

So glad I left that site, I'm a staff member, not someone's mom.

• LOL 1
  • Preach it! 1
  • Cringe 2

Shady McShaderson

• 1 month later...

I need to meet this bee kid... LOL

I recently had a person log on, get super hyped about our plot and lore and how new and interesting and different it was... Then tell me flat out I was doing the hunters wrong.  No explanation, just... "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" before rage quitting.

amy schumer drinking GIF

• Cheers 1
  • LOL 1

The past is a place of reference, not residence.

A wannabe member complained that they couldn't make their own type of fae.

Dude.  We have over a dozen.  It's way more than a small site needs, but we're still allowing plenty of options.  Sorry, but you and your snowflake character can go elsewhere.

It's never been so satisfying to use the "I don't think you will be a good fit for my site" line, after spending two hours having to shoot down his ideas that would have broken the site lore.

• Agree 1

Backstory for Context:

Okay so back like 10 years ago when I first started RPing, my first RP I created was a 1816 Regency Era AU. We had a site canon-list and all that good stuff for nobility and the royal family. Guy joins the site and snatches the role of King. 

King was in his 40s, married with 4 children. Guy asks us if he could make the king gay. I said making him gay was okay but remember in 1800s England, being homosexual was still very taboo so he had to be discreet. He complained to my co-admin thatI was homophobic....while me and her were RPing an intense gay love affair between an earl and a physician. 

He also tried to make the king 20 years old and kill off the wife and kids....it was a mess.

• LOL 3

Our Discord has a bot in it that users can, if they want, play silly games with. I don't care a rip about it personally, but some members were pretty into it after we introduced it and that was cool.

Some of the staff, in one of the bot channels we have, had a daisy chain going to give themselves ":Discord dollarydoos" as they called them. Again, nothing particularly serious. Just a fun thing they liked to do. 

One member comes to complain at me one day and calls it corruption. Keep in mind, I've had the damn bot channels muted since we introduced them cause they don't have any real impact on the site and other staff were more engaged with them. So I was obviously confused about all this.  I ask the member if they had asked to be included in the daisy chain, and of course, they had not. They then tell me that we should instead be using the fake Discord bucks to encourage/reward good behavior because yknow, a stupid daily round of tagging each other is corrupt but there's no way policing behavior with electronic Monopoly money could go sideways.

Keep in mind, the Discord bucks can only be used to customize the profile in the bot thing or play some of the games. They served no purpose for the site proper. It was so odd.

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

A member once complained that a new character that could psychically read people shouldn't have been approved as their character, an actress, could only read body language. You see the new character would be better at reading people's motivations so it shouldn't be allowed because it invalidated their character.

Worse still when she made this case in the chat she asked another member who played a healer how they would feel if there was someone who was a better healer than their character. The other player agreed that would be bad and shouldn't happen.

This was several years ago now and I still think about it.

• Cringe 2

spacer.png

Leave us some Anonymous In Character Feedback!
We'll have a thread where we discuss it and get angry.
It'll be great.

• 1 month later...