Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

Rune

Been awhile but I remembered some small ones... 

1. Took up a Canon-role for a member of the site I'd joined, saw that member who also had a Canon-role get banned for "reasons" according to staff (only a few weeks after I joined), then was told basically everything I did with my character in relation to canons had to be scrapped because the new Canon-role character just wouldn't like mine. Even though the original stated lots of history with mine which of course, lead to lots of threads between my character and several others. I left after I was called "entitled" for not wanting to throw weeks of threads and development in the dumpster. 

2. I don't remember mentioning this one, but I'll make it short if I did already: was told that I was manipulative, a liar, and causing issues all over the board when in fact I was none of those things. A moderator decided to privately debate gender politics with me and lost, and so she told the admin and the admin automatically took her side. Fun stuff. 

3. I had a character who was pretty laid back and offered a member at least five different ways to roleplay with her, and she basically told me my character was too "Unapproachable" and that I didn't know how to roleplay because of that. My character has literally kissed strangers for a dare, and this is known throughout the board as it was a running joke at the time. So unapproachable! XD

4. My favorite one so far is when I was told that I run Cliques by an admin who, in fact, only roleplayed with other staff members. I role-played with almost every member who was relatively active so uh, nope. Whenever she roleplayed with me she'd drop the thread after one or two posts - she'd do this with her other members too. Eventually I talked to her about it, and I got banned from that site for, and I quote, "Racism". What's racism got to do with non-existent cliques? Beats me. 

• Like 1

This isn't a complaint per se, but I did have someone join and then IMMEDIATELY demand that we make a new species just for them. I'm talking not even 5 minutes into being in the discord. All us staff were like ?????.

• Like 1

GbQDuEL.png

I had a member complain that her character wasn't in the site banner... her character wasn't canon and all the ones in the banner were. This was explained to her, then she whined and complained behind my back to another staff member. So I changed the banner to the name, no pictures. 

The same member... posted a rather racy sig of her character (e.g. less than a bathing suit) and it was a violation of the TOS of that message board service. I asked her nicely to take it down, shockingly she did and then went to complain on the service's support board and was thankfully put it her place by the mods that the board admin (me 😁) was in the right to uphold the TOS and that the picture was in borderline violation.

• Cheers 2

#New bar ad.png

On a super old board of mine, I had a member get an attitude about us hiring a new mod. She ranted that every single member on the board should vote and have a say on who is promoted to staff. I found out years later she was trying to bribe a staff member for acp favors too.

• Cringe 4

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

• 1 month later...

Banning a plagiarist but we were treating her unfairly. Girl, you literally took our paragraphs and pasted them on your WIP site! Ro0d.

• Cringe 3

I once had someone complain to me about not getting enough plots on the site, but they literally took no initiative to work with other members to brainstorm/build plots, shot down any and all proposals by other members/staff, claimed that they couldn't plot with other characters offered to them (for this reason or that reason, which was equally strange), and then pretended like it was a site problem. Which I guess fair enough, sometimes sites don't work out and you find out as you get there, but there need to be an element of at least trying to work with staff/members.  

I would like to think people have an element of awareness and realize they need to be assertive, be willing to be flexible, and work with the characters that are already on the board. Then again, maybe I just have too much hope in humanity. 

• Agree 2
  • Preach it! 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've received a couple complaints over allowing deceased faces. One of them was a member backhandedly targeting me to not respond to their opens even though they wouldn't even specify what that trigger, which was more of an ick thing, they specifically didn't want to respond until we were forced to ask them what exactly it was so we could help them.

Same member or one of their friends later complained about how I sorted them wrong when it came to arbitrary houses with a lot of overlap. I was just going off of the personality traits given in the app, How was I to know you wanted them in a specific house to be portrayed like the one I ended up placing them in? That member and friends ended up leaving simply because we gave our viewpoints. Same group of friends also managed to talk us into changing our lore even though we shouldn't have budged ugh.

Then came a complaint about allowing deceased faces because it was "disrespectful" from a guest. Even after we explained our reasonings for allowing them and how we weren't going to change our mind, they persisted and we had to resort to banning as it was clear they weren't just going to accept our philosophy when it came to how we ran things.

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COTC (Children of the Corn) // old friend's forum.

There was a guest that thought it was weird we had so many child characters and not many adult characters, though there were probably about 7 of the latter at the time. Given how the conversation went, I was certain they had never seen any of the COTC movies. The guest went on to say that we were deranged. We actually told them they could make an adult character if they wanted, since it wasn't against the rules, but they were so paranoid that we were going to just kill off the adults, "because we liked children."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my Potterverse forum...

1. I had someone try to make a "half-lycan." She proceeded to try and say that her character would not be able to turn into a werewolf unless she was an Animaga with the ability to turn into a wolf. She was planning to make her character 11. Animagas, if I remember correctly, didn't get the power until much later (4th or 5th year.) I still haven't been able to wrap my head about the half-lycan part.

2. I had someone say they wanted to make a half-centaur, and they got mad when we said we didn't have centaurs. While we are based on the Potterverse, we aren't entirely with it. We had to start including in our ad that we were INSPIRED by the Potterverse along with other shows and stories.

3. This member was so ignorant, supposedly. We would read her posts from start to finish, and find that it has nothing to do with our posts or with the places she would post them in. For instance, in a board dubbed the "Pink Lake," there are no cities. She wrote that she was in a city. The school is deep in the wilderness, no cities for miles. We told her that. She refused to listen, trying to say that it could be a past thread. We told her the castle used to be ruins because it was abandoned for a millenia. Still wouldn't listen. We told her we couldn't reply until she fixed her post. She said, "fine," and only changed a couple of sentences. Mention of a city is still there. We deleted her post and told her to rewrite it from scratch. Same exact post two days later. We locked the thread because it wasn't going anywhere.

Later, I tried to help her learn how to write and respond better to other posts. I started a thread for her. Here's the summary of my post.

Me:    "Kavir woke up in the middle of the night from an awful nightmare. Needing some fresh air, he didn't bother to put on a shirt as he jogged out of the dorm and ran down the hall in his shorts. The full moon helped him to see. Blue, being his favorite color, was relaxing for him. He suddenly heard a noise down the corridor and turned to see someone looking at him. He began to apologize."

Her:    "Rebecca woke up. It was bright and early in the morning. She saw a student running down the hall and stopped him. 'Excuse me, you better get to class or you're going to be late and I will have to write you up.'

We were trying to help her understand how to pay more attention to detail. As you can see, it didn't work. Needless to say, when she got suspended for something else, she never came back.

On another forum, an original one that I created with a couple of friends a few years back (and still run in a different aspect now.)

I had someone who registered and got his character approved send me a personal message to my character account not realizing that I was the admin. We were writing when I got very uncomfortable with his post and sent him a message via my admin account. After reminding him that the 13-year-old character was asexual and still had yet to express interest in relationships, I also had to warn him not to be so perverted because it would make people uncomfortable. He sent me a message via the character account. His words; "admin is so mean, he just told me I couldn't have my character go out with yours because it would be wrong." Guess what? His character was 25. So much cringe. I banned him immediately and things got peaceful since. To this day, I don't know if it was truly a perverted person or a troll just looking for trouble. 

Edited by Ambrose
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 1

Courirnu // original small-town rp

• 1 month later...

1 - Guest had no intention on joining the site. Just came into the cbox to complain that we banned someone they knew for plagerism. Like...  The person straight up copy and pasted posts from myself and another admin and posted them on other sites, claiming them as their own. And apparently we are the bad guys for banning the thief.

2 - I've had people complain that we had too many/ too few of one type of character. But it wasn't stuff like werewolves, vampires, etc. It was "too few indian characters" and "to many straight characters" Probably not the weirdest complaints but it was weird to me because I strongly believe that you should pick playbys and sexuality that fits the character and their backstory. 

• Agree 1
  • Cringe 1

One time we denied an application for plagiarism and we did not immediately ban the account. The message we got back from the account was allegedly not even from the person who joined, but their friend. And we got a seven paragraph rant about how we were unfairly denying this application and that our decision was clearly based in the fact that we were prejudice against someone with a learning disability----but we had no idea they had any kind of disability and we stated, very clearly, in the rejection letter that we were denying because she stole the content.  It was just a very weird experience and complaint. 

• Cringe 1

9 hours ago, PixieMegs said:

One time we denied an application for plagiarism and we did not immediately ban the account. The message we got back from the account was allegedly not even from the person who joined, but their friend. And we got a seven paragraph rant about how we were unfairly denying this application and that our decision was clearly based in the fact that we were prejudice against someone with a learning disability----but we had no idea they had any kind of disability and we stated, very clearly, in the rejection letter that we were denying because she stole the content.  It was just a very weird experience and complaint. 

Wonder if it was the same pair I dealt with! (Got banned for plagiarism, friend complained it wasn't fair that we banned them)

• Cringe 1