Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

Rune

There's always that one person that wants to show up and whine about something. Sometimes, these have merit. Othertimes, not so much.

What is the weirdest/most off the wall/dumbest complaint you've received about your board? Or your characters or whatever!

• I read this! 1
  • Great Idea 1

I've had more than one person leave because I wouldn't let their magical wolf-body know the gender their brain felt they were really.

People wanted trans-werewolves and got mad when I said the werewolf body would be whatever the physical body was. 

• I read this! 2
  • LOL 3
  • Preach it! 1

On a shifter roleplay: person decided she wanted to be a special snowflake and want her wolf form to be a pup, despite the fact that her human form was nearly an adult. After some back and forth, I cleared it - after she added backstory to justify it -, and made it clear that she was making the choice to have a character who could not mate or have pups for a long time. 

She said she knew it.

Fast forward to a while later, her character found a ship, and she started putting in hints IC about how her character had decided that she would mate and have pups on the next mating season (just a month away) no matter what. I naturally pulled her aside and told her 'no, she won't, don't even try, your wolf form is a child, so she won't even mate, at all".

She wasn't really happy about it, and tried all kinds of 'reasons' to get her way. Needless to say, it didn't happen anyway and she dropped out of the roleplay because she couldn't get her way.

• I read this! 1
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Cringe 2

Shady McShaderson

The weirdest one I ever got was that someone felt left behind because they were in a different timezone. It was like... "uh... and? We're all in different time zones."

In this particular roleplay most people would make a post then we'd wait up to 3 days for the next person to go. If no one went then whomever was the creator could go to push things along. Usually what happened was there'd be a day or two before the next post. There was no set turn order, it was if you have something to add then you go for it. Posts were mid range in length (usually between 250 and 600 words) not because of any rule but just cause that's what people felt necessary.

This person got their post in after complaining (we made extra time for them) but after that they kinda stopped participating a lot. They kinda moved to another community and only really pop up like once every 4-6 months to remind us they exist and whine about activity. 

• I read this! 3
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• Operations Mod

This is one I've actually seen a lot of, both on my sites and others. Players will come through and create a supernatural hunter, then get pissy when their hunter character isn't just magically allowed to know who the werewolves/witches whatever in town are based on OOC information. 

• I read this! 2
  • Cheers 1
  • LOL 2

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

And another one.

"I'm not posting because I have nothing to do with my characters, nobody gives them any attention".

This was sent to me right after a natural disaster had gone on in game... and I had sent out NPCs, one to each of the characters - including hers - to check on everyone and direct them to a gathering point so we could move on to the next scene.

I still wonder what more she wanted.

• I read this! 4
  • LOL 1
  • Preach it! 1

Shady McShaderson

1 minute ago, Rune said:

Oh shit! I think I've had this person! They wanted a "pup sized" werewolf. They got told no, but also wanted literally every other "special" thing people try to shove in characters. They were also albino, had heterochormia, were a twin, had no tail as a werewolf (in addition to being pupsized,) were abused, etc. 

Back on topic...

Cry Wolf has a rule that bluntly says everyone is considered intelligent until proven stupid. Basically, this means we aren't going to treat you like an idiot, but if you prove you're an idiot, we'll give you the boot to save our own sanity. Most everyone has approached us saying they absolutely love this rule... Except one person that decided it was a personal attack and was offensive. 

Needless to say, they were eventually proven stupid.

I'll be honest, I'm not one to stop people from making dumb decisions. I'll tell them the consequences, but, unless I'm dealing with a child/someone who has never roleplayed before, I'll let them choose to shoot their own foot. Their call, right? They get to choose whatever is not a forbidden trait, as long as they understand that I'm not about to coddle them, give them plot armour, or constantly get an NPC to fix things for them.

• I read this! 1
  • Preach it! 2

Shady McShaderson

1 minute ago, Shades said:

I'll be honest, I'm not one to stop people from making dumb decisions. I'll tell them the consequences, but, unless I'm dealing with a child/someone who has never roleplayed before, I'll let them choose to shoot their own foot. Their call, right? They get to choose whatever is not a forbidden trait, as long as they understand that I'm not about to coddle them, give them plot armour, or constantly get an NPC to fix things for them.

We have it set up so that you can get one special thing. You can be albino, or have heterochromia OR be missing a limb or whatever, but you can't have all of the above. Too many experiences where people use stuff like that instead of actual personalities. Or as a reason for their character to have been abused by literally everyone in their life and STILL have no personality.

Oh! We get people every now and then that complain that they can't have a special character as their first character. (We allow everyone to have one unique character, but it can't be your first. Mostly in terms of them getting special powers/being older than allowed, etc.) They always try to argue for it, like I'm going to let them break the rule we've had established for years 'cause they're just so special!

• I read this! 1
  • LOL 1
  • Cringe 1

I think the weirdest one for me was when I went to a member who had a special character and was holding a special position in their group after a couple months of being inactive with their character and told them that they had a month to get their character active again or we're going to have to take away the rank and whatnot so someone who is active can have it. 

They weren't happy I had come to them at all about it and accused me of making it even harder to post and be active. I really didn't know what I was supposed to have done to make it better... If you aren't active for months and you're taking up limited slots then at some point someone is going to come to you and tell you that you're in danger of losing it. It's not like we didn't give them time to get active. Considering we get anywhere from 20 - 80 posts a day, it isn't hard to get involved in a thread and get your characters active. 

Anonymous poster hash: 5751e...e71

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

Myself and another member's Vampires were both classically trained in music. My character rarely used instruments in thread, so of COURSE the one time I had her practicing in a thread with said other member, he groaned and moaned about how I was "stealing" from his character. 

Anonymous poster hash: 86345...0cd

• I read this! 1
  • LOL 2

I haven't had anything too weird, but I do remember one player that really left a mark with her whining.

She joined in, wrote a log without much issue, then another player joined after her that was a doctor (surgeon specifically). My game has a rule that all players start at the rank of ensign and can't be department heads until they've been with us a while, because I've seen too much turn over in important positions in the Star Trek RP I've played in the past. So, the doctor character, who is not her character, starts off as an ensign. I know that in the US military—which informs the structure used in Star Trek—doctors usually start out a level above other incoming officers because of the extra training they get for medical. So this player starts complaining in the group chat about how the new doctor character is starting out as an ensign.

I tell her it's for meta reasons, all my players tell her it's for meta reasons, and she just continues to complain like we just don't understand how the real military does it—nevermind that I acknowledged multiple times that I understand that *and* that the reason for it has everything to do with the meta reason for frequent player turn over. Yeah. If I recall, she quit the conversation without seeming to understand, and everyone else was left scratching her head.

And as if to prove my point? The player she'd been complaining on behalf of never even made a single post because they didn't have time, AND she offended them when I'd suggested they should log together. But that's a different story, and not for this thread.

• I read this! 3
  • Love 1
  • LOL 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain