Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

Rune

I had someone complain to me on another site I used to run that the staff were cliquey. Much like Sin City, we had JUST opened to the public and our only "members" were either staff or people that had followed us from our other sites. We can't force people to post when a, we advertise ourselves as not being a very strict site and b, we don't exactly post everyday ourselves. I get that it's intimidating, y'know, but that's no reason to not hang around and see for yourself that the last thing we are is cliquey. We want people to join - we want to thrive - and if people don't join, honestly, it's not a huge loss for us. We've got our small, dedicated member base and to anyone that doesn't join because they wrongly perceive us to be cliquey/don't understand what's going on, that's their loss. I want to say I had a mic drop after this post but honestly, that'd be a lie. xD

Edited by Richard Castle
  • I read this! 3
  • Cheers 1

I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire.

Three come to mind - one was when I was typing on my old computer and I couldn't always get the + key to type properly because the board was sticky and didn't use it in a twitter post to indicate I hadn't finished (tbh, lots of people on twitter jump the gun when it comes to replying and they can't wait for folks to finish their post!) and still complained after I told them that my keyboard was acting up. (In hindsight, I wished I'd blocked them then and there, because later down the line they proved to be nothing but problematic.)

The second was being accused of ruining someones mood for a ship after my character's negative reaction to it, but it wasn't even the person who's character my character had the negative reaction to made the complaint . (In the end, that proved to be a way of the complainant trying to relieve herself of her guilt for ship stealing.)

The third was someone trying to stop me from participating in a group rp which I'd been invited to by the organizer.

All those people are thankfully gone, but they were complaints that were either unfair, no one's fault or the situation caused by themselves.

• I read this! 1

Someone impersonated me in chat and said I'd come back to the site

o_O

• I read this! 3
  • LOL 3

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

I had a member complain once that the Plot THEY were controlling wasn't moving quickly enough. I was like, "You're in charge of the NPCs for that thread, not me. I can throw in a couple of my characters to help spruce the event up but I'm not going to DM your plot for you."

• I read this! 1
  • LOL 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Apparently, we're "too active." Nevermind that I'm sitting in 2 pages of alerts and one of our major rules is that real life comes first. We have no problem waiting for posts... 

But we're too active.

• I read this! 3
  • LOL 3

39 minutes ago, Rune said:

Apparently, we're "too active." Nevermind that I'm sitting in 2 pages of alerts and one of our major rules is that real life comes first. We have no problem waiting for posts... 

But we're too active.

That's... an interesting one. 

• I read this! 2

Shady McShaderson

12 minutes ago, Shades said:

That's... an interesting one. 

That was my thought. They said they were really busy IRL and "shouldn't join a forum right now..." But were looking? I didn't understand it at all.

• I read this! 3
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, Rune said:

That was my thought. They said they were really busy IRL and "shouldn't join a forum right now..." But were looking? I didn't understand it at all.

Maybe they wanted a forum that only posted once a week / once every two weeks or something?  Still strange, though.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

Souls_400x100_01.jpg

'souls | no wc | character-driven | werecanines | open & active since 2001!

I watched a great new RPer go apeshit and quit a site because someone didn't mention their age and was 16 instead of 18.... on a site that's SFW and 13+. It was really fucking stupid.

• I read this! 1
  • LOL 1

Glub glub.