Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

Rune

8 hours ago, Orchid said:

Before I was even approved for an HOUR, a moderator started mess in the c-box because the character's last name was 'triggering'. Re: Trayvon Martin  case. They threw a holy fit, and said I HAD to change his name.

Probably for the best that you decided to just drop it and leave.  Malignant personalities online are bad enough without them being given power and clout. Best to shake it off like a booger and not look back. 

• Agree 2
  • LOL 2

"Of all that is written, I love only what a man has written with

his own blood."  Friedrich Nietzsche ~ Thus Spake Zarathustra

3paIAn.gif 3pasUm.png 3ica7j.gif 3pa1UW.png 

• 2 weeks later...

I was staff on a site that had very loose rules when it came to names. Basically, you could have similar names, but they asked to avoid direct duplicates to avoid confusion.

I was there as "ReD" on a site first.

Someone joined and complained because they could felt they couldn't name themselves Red and requested that I change my name because they'd been going by Red for years.

The problem?

So had I. I've been going by 'ReD' for so long that it's planned to be included on our wedding invitations so people know who the hell I am.  I was really reluctant to change my handle on a site I'd been playing at for years, but they threw such a hissy fit over it that I was almost tempted to just to avoid getting messages from this person @_@ they thankfully left, though`

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

• Admin

I hate name rules TBH. But I'm smart enough to know how to adapt. I'm asked if I'm the "Morrigan from site XYZ" all the time. I just tell them, No. I'm Morrigan from the sites you know me from.

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Guest: You made your site purple?  That doesn't fit your genre at all. You should change it!

Me: *ignores*

Inner-Me: What? Genres have specific colors?

(1 day later)

Guest: Your site colors gives me cancer! 

Inner-Me: It is shades of purple and black. What?

(1 day later)

Guest: These colors are gross.

Me: *bans guest IP*

Im sorry you seem to hate the color purple. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 3/24/2018 at 5:46 AM, Oleander said:

Guest: You made your site purple?  That doesn't fit your genre at all. You should change it!

Inner-Me: What? Genres have specific colors?

(1 day later)

Guest: Your site colors gives me cancer! 

Inner-Me: It is shades of purple and black. What?

(1 day later)

Guest: These colors are gross.

Me: *bans guest IP*

Im sorry you seem to hate the color purple. 

Pleeease send this person to my board *cackles* 😈

• LOL 1

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

I once had a newbie leave the site because, and I quote, "I have nothing to do with my character and you guys should fix that."

Wat.

• Agree 1
  • LOL 3

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

On 3/23/2018 at 7:46 PM, ReDRidingHood said:

I was staff on a site that had very loose rules when it came to names. Basically, you could have similar names, but they asked to avoid direct duplicates to avoid confusion.

I was there as "ReD" on a site first.

Someone joined and complained because they could felt they couldn't name themselves Red and requested that I change my name because they'd been going by Red for years.

The problem?

So had I. I've been going by 'ReD' for so long that it's planned to be included on our wedding invitations so people know who the hell I am.  I was really reluctant to change my handle on a site I'd been playing at for years, but they threw such a hissy fit over it that I was almost tempted to just to avoid getting messages from this person @_@ they thankfully left, though`

There is no reason why you should have to change your name if you were on the site first.

49 minutes ago, Shades said:

Preach. I've had members I personally offered to plot with using the character of their choice, and they still acted like they were being ignored because if it wasn't a ship, they had no plot in their mind.

I've known an rper like this and it was such a problem with them that I don't rp with them anymore.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, Icewolf said:

There is no reason why you should have to change your name if you were on the site first.

My thoughts exactly. It was just the constant barrage of passive aggressive messages in the chat. "I guess I'll use THIS username even though it doesn't fit me because of the rules *sighs*" and things of that nature. I figured it'd die down but they were pretty adamant about it until they left.

• LOL 1

• 5 weeks later...

There was one player on one of our old RPs that was WAY too determined to have her character hook up with a character of one of my friends. The funny thing is that he wasn't interested whatsoever and since she got pushy, the character reacted accordingly (he was the boss of a scientist team and she just someone new - but she acted like she was in charge, which was another super annoying thing).  She got more and more annoying with that and even ignored multiple rules until we decided to ban her and then she acted like that was totally unjustified and s**t.  Sorry for wanting to keep up the rules and not do 18+ stuff on an RP that is non-adult.

• Agree 1
  • LOL 1

2055148134_EOHbanner.png.530f7a6856f7b2fd0b4861da17014318.png