Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

Rune

That my site is both too historically accurate and too AU at the same time. 

• I read this! 5
  • LOL 3

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

48 minutes ago, wicked said:

I got this long-winded complaint that said my board openly promotes supremacy....against vampires. I shit you not. She had written paragraphs on it, bringing in religion and all sorts of things. >.> I'm like girl, vampires are not real and we're not doing anything other than whats already known in their lore sooo chill xD

BRB. Getting my tiki torch.

I LOVE when people get super uptight about completely off the wall stuff like this. 

• I read this! 2
  • LOL 3

A group of guests came in after another community apparently shut down. 

"Change your skin."
"Bring in a stats system!"
"You need more armies."
"The site needs to be more accurate."

Imagine plenty of those comments. Essentially wanting the site to change to accommodate their needs. The members helped talking to to them, and running out of polite ways to say no. Eventually these guests left. 

• I read this! 4
  • LOL 2

bzC3QQ.png  

Aeterna Roma

12 hours ago, Gothic said:

A group of guests came in after another community apparently shut down

I have dealt with that on a site before.  It was like they were trying to find a site where the admin strength was waning so they could flex their united rpg muscle and impress everyone enough into making them mods or admins. They came in and made a whole family and only interacted with themselves for the most part, but wanted us to reroute roads and rename places on the established map of the game town and surrounds after their characters. Once they saw we were pushing back and not going to budge, they all flaked out. 

• I read this! 4
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising

13 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I have dealt with that on a site before.  It was like they were trying to find a site where the admin strength was waning so they could flex their united rpg muscle and impress everyone enough into making them mods or admins. They came in and made a whole family and only interacted with themselves for the most part, but wanted us to reroute roads and rename places on the established map of the game town and surrounds after their characters. Once they saw we were pushing back and not going to budge, they all flaked out. 

I've never understood this mentality from people. 

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1

bzC3QQ.png  

Aeterna Roma

I've got 2 instances to share- 

#1 a small number of members in a fan club and I were working together on a novel project based on dreams that I had had. There were specific character types and scenarios planned out. This one perticiapant / writer decided he was going to change the characters and make them into what HE thought they should be we tried to get him back on track and he smarted back with "What's the point of being part of this if evil isn't going to win?"

#2 This happened in The RPG Org's Venue Psionics Millennium. A new storyline came up that introduced dragons and dragon riders into the Venue (big mistake but we got through it which gave birth to the Venue The AU..) Anyway, several of us- myself, our Head Globel Mod and a few others were keeping an eye on this one player. We all noticed what unfolded in his posts- complete and total destruction. So, I pulled him aside to set him straight. He whined about not being able to do what he wanted to do- to which I replied. "You cannot blow up the planet"

He opted to quit, the AU ( Alternate Universe Venue was born) and true to the nature of my members- they made it a running joke- do what you want but you can't blow up the planet. This even made it into our rules LOL

On 12/15/2017 at 6:11 AM, Gothic said:

A group of guests came in after another community apparently shut down. 

"Change your skin."
"Bring in a stats system!"
"You need more armies."
"The site needs to be more accurate."

Imagine plenty of those comments. Essentially wanting the site to change to accommodate their needs. The members helped talking to to them, and running out of polite ways to say no. Eventually these guests left. 

I hate when people do this- in real life AND RPG. "Oh, this place looks like, think I'll move here-" Move in and then "well, time to push fro them to change to be how I want things to be:"

• I read this! 4
  • LOL 1

"He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."
- Raymond Hull

17.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This site is too active....

Like really? People reply daily and there is a lot going on sure, but can somewhere be too active?

• I read this! 2
  • LOL 2

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

On 12/18/2017 at 2:18 PM, kjrod98 said:

Also that one person who complained about how our site wasn't accurate enough for the book series it's based on, and how we did a terrible job of potraying the series and the canon characters.

...You... You realize the author of said books is in the cbox with you, right? And that she's rping two of those canon characters you said were terrible representations? Oh, we had a field day in private chat about it.

How neat that you had the author there!  What book series was it?

• I read this! 4

WoL___dark01.png

11 hours ago, Uaithne said:

How neat that you had the author there!  What book series was it?

Brothers of Elysium by Tara McFadden.

Off-topic but I love, love, love authors that encourage fanfics and roleplay and art of their work so much.

-You allow too much freedom with posting templates! ...Wait, what?

• I read this! 4