Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

Rune

• Admin

Weirdest complaint the Initiative has ever gotten is that we "discriminate" people. Note this person was a bit of a psycho and ended up throwing a tantrum (which just justified my ban of them).

I don't approve of many things, and that's my right as a humans persons, but everyone is allowed to be here as long as they are respectful. Live and let live is a pretty solid policy here.

• I read this! 9

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Someone legit joined my site, asked about a staff position, offered to make a header image for it (we already had one, and IMO it was nice), and disappeared. LOL. The audacity of these people!

• I read this! 1
  • LOL 2

When a former, fellow staff claims you're dehumanizing them by calling them by their title instead of their name to a member that had no idea who they were yet...  Just what! 

Gahhh... I'm sorry for double-posting. I didn't realize I had already posted here... I got too into it xD

Edited by Sammiie
typo
  • I read this! 1
  • LOL 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gah, mine aren't nearly as fun and entertaining as all of yours have been. Yikes.

1.) Guest comes in and complains that our process of determining who becomes what animal was stereotypical and that we were restricting creativity by not allowing just anyone to turn into whatever kind of shifter they wanted. (backstory: animal spirits chose to claim a human based on certain aspects of their lives or personalities. Kind of like the sorting hat for Harry Potter. Sometimes the human can choose which they want to be claimed but they have to feel super strongly about why they want to be this animal) 

2.) Guest complains that our fictionalized small town has the wrong population number. Even though, the town that we based that fictional town has similar numbers...ooookay

3.) This one still boggles me. Guest drops a note that we don't have a spot for sexual orientation in our apps or mini-profiles.  I have never added this specific aspect to any of the sites I've run. Usually, it's pretty clear in the personality, history, or plotter what someone is interested in. Now, I'm not going to complain that people would like an easy way of knowing this for plotting purposes, but it just doesn't seem so important that it needs to have a field of its own. A lot of our core group already doesn't care about it nor does that determine how they plot with someone. If they want romance, it's right there in the shipper part of the app or they have a request. 

/shrugs. 

• I read this! 3
  • Agree 3
  • LOL 1

poke_clash2.png

vPhN5b.png                      

A supernatural fantasy about spirit animals set in Somerset, Pennsylvania

• 3 weeks later...

"That friend you brought over really should be plotting with other people too!" Not everybody joins a site to write with everybody. Sometimes I join a site with a buddy because I don't want to staff a site but I want to RP. Why does it have to be a big deal if the majority of my plots are with my buddy? 

But for the record, we WERE both RPing with other people aside from one another and responding in order of when we got posts. It just so happened that we were the fastest posters on the site at the time so... it looked like a lot of back and forth between the two of us because it WAS. 

• Agree 1
  • LOL 1
  • Preach it! 1

Reality is an illusion. 

58 minutes ago, Zozma said:

"That friend you brought over really should be plotting with other people too!" Not everybody joins a site to write with everybody.

Even as an admin I don't want to write with everybody -- which is a huge complaint for a lot of folks.  As if they're entitled, and I owe it to everyone to write with them. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • LOL 1
  • Preach it! 1

"Of all that is written, I love only what a man has written with

his own blood."  Friedrich Nietzsche ~ Thus Spake Zarathustra

3paIAn.gif 3pasUm.png 3ica7j.gif 3pa1UW.png 

The only time I can see a point behind 'you should be writing with others' is if you're holding down an important position or canon that would normally be interacting with *everyone*. Then I can totally understand an admin saying 'your canon/important character should be interacting with others to fill x, y, and z functions' and asking you to step out of that position or make that canon available for someone else to play in a manner more fitting to the site... but if you're not hindering a plot or other function on the site, and you're otherwise keeping up with activity requirements? What's the big deal?

• Agree 4

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

@Zozma - the main difference is that you were writing with other people too. Otherwise, I agree with the staff that no people are to write only together, without branching out at all and making new connections for their characters. Otherwise, why are they writing on a site and not privately, on a google doc?

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 3

On 2/19/2018 at 1:18 AM, kjSage said:

This x1000.

"Your site doesn't work in IE6, you should fix that, it's sloppy coding!"

I... What? People still use IE? I might understand for work but... What? (also I have no idea if my sidebar does or doesn't work, because I will never open up IE or microsoft Edge unless it's to download firefox (and use that to download chrome))

I've not used IE for years, ever since I figured out that it was making my browsing slower. Now, the few times I've used ME I can't understand why anyone would use it as their main browser because it's full of ads which take up a third of your screen. What's the point in using it?

• I read this! 1

2 hours ago, Icewolf said:

I've not used IE for years, ever since I figured out that it was making my browsing slower. Now, the few times I've used ME I can't understand why anyone would use it as their main browser because it's full of ads which take up a third of your screen. What's the point in using it?

Edge is still every bit as bad imo.

I actually tried opening my site the other day on IE/edge and you know what? It DOES work. But takes a solid 3 minutes to fully load a page. In chrome/ff/opera said page takes less than a second. The main culprit? Ads. Ads everywhere. Also javascript takes unusually long to load, which ofc is a problem when your tabbed/toggle sidebar is y'know, javascript.

Also our who plays who/canon directories are js for convenience of everyone - members only have to fill out one thing. Admins only have to add a single line in one spot. But that's also more complicated than filling out five separate things? Even my coding illiterate members find it easier to fill out.

-One character per account is also suddenly frowned upon by this person. Nevermind that we're using jcink's subaccount feature and you never ever have to switch accounts aside from editing your profile.

• LOL 1