Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

Rune

"You  post too much" in regards to posting on a site every.single.day. 

"Too many gay characters" and "Too many straight characters" as stated previously 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • LOL 1

Complaint 1: I've had someone say I was being "mean" while trying to help them out after being asked to, and then left. I asked others if my tone was off (it happened in public) and the others said no. It still could have been tone, but I'm honestly not sure. Was quite odd.

Complaint 2: very young person (just barely 18+) complained they were leaving my site because they were nervous about whether or not their chars were allowed to swear (they never bothered to ask) just because my site wasn't 18+ Premium Jcink. If they had just read around the site, they'd see quite a few chars drop some swears now and then - my own included, even if in narration. Swearing itself is not against free Jcink ToS. PG-13 films allow the rare non-sexual F-bomb drop as well... It was a bizarre complaint, or perhaps a weird assumption. It seemed more like an excuse. These types of complaints seem to be more common among young players than older (24-30+).

Anonymous poster hash: 2610c...819

• I read this! 1

My rules didn't specifically say that an application couldn't be copy pasted from wikipedia. So me banning for that was, apparently, uncalled for and a horrible thing to do because how were they supposed to know they couldn't do that? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

- Players who don't want outright smut are not creative writers (when the roleplay had nothing to do with it and it hadn't been agreed upon);

- Players who don't allow me to godmode their characters without their permission aren't really good roleplayers because it's all about the story - oh, it's against the rules? But they can do it to mine too, they're not doing it because they don't want to.

(from the same person)

• LOL 2

Shady McShaderson

I'm running an AU site, and we have a timeline specifying we're canon up to a certain point in the series. Someone joined wanting to do something totally left field (eg, if we were a marvel site, the equivalent of saying their character was also in the same cave with Tony Stark and made their own suit too to escape), then when we said 'No', complained that by not SPECIFICALLY WRITING in our rules they couldn't do that particular thing, we were false advertising about being an AU.

Because we're supposed to predict what every member could possibly ever want to do and write a list accordingly, right?

Edited by Val
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Preach it! 1

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriq

3 hours ago, Val said:

Because we're supposed to predict what every member could possibly ever want to do and write a list accordingly, right?

*chuckles*

We had that quite often and it still occurs although all of my sites are original RPG settings, not based in any fandom. We finally added a blurb in our rules that stated, "The administrators of this site and game managers cannot predict every situation that might arise. We therefore reserve the right to address situations on a case-by-case basis. These decisions are final." - something to that effect. I cannot remember what it said exactly.

• Love 1
  • LOL 1
  • Preach it! 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

The weirdest thing I had was someone blow up in their app when asked "pronoun preferred".  I mean they could have just left it blank.  And we have two versions of our app - one without that question and one with age/pronoun/etc... so it wasn't even necessary. Then they quit. 

• LOL 1

Issy - 20 year veteran roleplayer.

I had this girl flip on me because she wanted her girl to date my guy. She wanted to rp out the plot of that Katherine Heigl movie where she has to take care of her friend's kid after they die or whatever. I politely declined, he has a plot going on where he has to stay single and I don't like that movie xD anyways, she likes to PM me from time to time with other movies and I'm like Susan...no... which leads to her sending me the mad and sad-faced emoji's like I'm supposed to feel guilty or something lmao I just carry on.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

All time favorite: “there’s too many gay characters for a site set in the 70s. It’s just not realistic for them to be gay then.”

Uhm????

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

18 hours ago, Scout said:

All time favorite: “there’s too many gay characters for a site set in the 70s. It’s just not realistic for them to be gay then.”

Uhm????

Excuse you, everyone knows that gays are a liberal, modern invention, and they never existed in the world at all until GMOs/Feminism/Libtards ruined everything and people decided to start being gay.

/sssssssss

I've heard this too many times IRL kill me now.

• LOL 2
  • Cringe 1

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriq

1 minute ago, Val said:

Excuse you, everyone knows that gays are a liberal, modern invention, and they never existed in the world at all until GMOs/Feminism/Libtards ruined everything and people decided to start being gay.

/sssssssss

I've heard this too many times IRL kill me now.

Oh, come on now. Gays aren't even real. People just say they're gay because they wanna be special.

Shoot me.

• LOL 3

Shady McShaderson