• Spotlight RPG
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rune

Staffing Weirdest Complaints You've Recieved

1 minute ago, Val said:

Excuse you, everyone knows that gays are a liberal, modern invention, and they never existed in the world at all until GMOs/Feminism/Libtards ruined everything and people decided to start being gay.

/sssssssss

I've heard this too many times IRL kill me now.

Oh, come on now. Gays aren't even real. People just say they're gay because they wanna be special.

Shoot me.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:25 PM, Scout said:

My rules didn't specifically say that an application couldn't be copy pasted from wikipedia. So me banning for that was, apparently, uncalled for and a horrible thing to do because how were they supposed to know they couldn't do that? 

I've seen people do similar things to this, though it wasn't wikipedia that they copied and pasted off - it was a mixture of things they copied and pasted from different fandom wikis to try and hide the fact that they'd stolen it. Their app stood out like a sore thumb because it had weird references in it that didn't fit the character or fandom. I've seen them occasionally join other sites which has some of the same copied and pasted text in it.

On 5/19/2018 at 7:33 AM, Scout said:

All time favorite: “there’s too many gay characters for a site set in the 70s. It’s just not realistic for them to be gay then.”

Uhm????

As someone who was born in the early 80's, I noticed growing up there were a lot of gay/queer celebs around who started their careers in the 70's or possibly earlier, so this statement makes me smile.

On 5/14/2018 at 12:21 AM, coastaloceangirl said:

The one I don't understand is on a canon site you get 'the character I want to play is taken.' ....... -blinks- okay..... um what would you like me to do for you? I have offered other suggestions, asked you about other characters you are interested in but you are deadset on that character. Sorry that someone beat you too them? Honestly I don't even know.

This is one of the reasons why I created my Tolkien site because most of the canon characters I was interested in playing had already been taken by others. I don't understand the complaint as they should look upon it as an oppertunity to make more sites in the fandom. If there's a character taken that you want to play, then surely there will be canons on the site that others want to play but can't because they're taken already? (Of course, a person might not always want to put the work into making a new site, but there is tumblr, twitter and rp social network sites they can go on instead.

Edited by Icewolf