Cold Leather

Hey peeps,

This is more or less a question of curiosity for myself....cause am well bored dammit!  What do you guys think the most popular plotline in role play is? I don't just mean "romance", "apocalyptic" . I want specifics like love triangle, best friend turned love interest.

Lastly what is your favorite type of plotline to play? Some of my personal favorites are complicated romances with a lot of build up or darker plotlines with a heavy power struggle.

• I read this! 1
  • Great Idea 1

okrShsQ.jpg?1

About popular, I really don't know. My favorite?

- Complicated/forbidden romance (the forbidden element can be any);

- Love triangles with all of the drama those usually involve;

- Family plots in general (usually with some 'challenge' the family must overcome together);

- Plots involving haunted locations - bonus points if the characters involved live in the location.

These are just some of them, but the four above are sure to grab my interest whenever they're offered. 

• I read this! 3

Shady McShaderson

I was just thinking of this thread myself! Good call!

I'm a sucker for arranged/unwanted marriages that slowly blossom into legit love.

I also enjoy me some love triangles.

I'll think up more. I had some in my head but, of course, forgot them when I went to type. /shame

• I read this! 1

Great minds and all @Rune...lol. 

Shadesy you and I have already had this convo a bit,  and much like Rune I think we  all enjoy the same types/style of plotlines. Always nice to fund others with common interest! 

• I read this! 1

okrShsQ.jpg?1

Oh! When two people are interested but can't/won't open up about it so they tiptoe around it. 

Umm... Not exactly a plot, but I love it when characters get inside jokes that get referenced in other threads. One of mine is known as the Toast King and it gets referenced now and then, usually when someone is making breakfast and sighing about his existence. (He is extremely irritating to those around him. <.<)

• Love 1

- enemies to lovers

- character "dies" and returns dramatically

- evil becomes good

- good becomes evil

My personal favorite: 

Cut off from the world learns to reconnect

• I read this! 3
  • Love 1
tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

• Operations Mod

I personally love it when a good relationship gets screwed up and they have to try to overcome it. My lead character recently cheated on his husband and it's looking like it's going to turn into an ongoing affair - which is great because this character resents his father for having done the same thing to his mother.

- triad relationships. Not a love triangle but three people in a poly relationship.

- unwanted arranged marriages, bonus points if it ends in one of them murdering the other

- Betrayal plotlines

- CIA black site abductions involving attempts to weaponize werewolves (doing one of these right now and it's so fun).

- Character fails to protect a loved one or makes a grave mistake resulting in maiming, death or abduction.

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

What I think is popular:  Anything involving a pre-designed romance

My favorites:

-Anything that has ZERO to do with Shipping (I'm not against them, I just want to let my character fall into it 'naturally', not because I decided they were going to)

-betrayals of all sorts

-hero/anti-hero dynamics

-"5 man band" drama

- SOLVING MYSTERIES

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

These are all great plot ideas and some of them are ones I myself have never played or heard of ( yup I live under a rock apparently 😆). It's always nice to see new ideas, and hear about what other people enjoy. 

Whelp..alright so now what's everyone up too? Let's just all go in on one crazy ass storyline together? 😂😉 Whose down? @Shades, @Rune, @Thyme , @Dragon @CovertSphinx

Edited by The Vineyard
  • I read this! 1
  • Agree 2
  • Love 1

okrShsQ.jpg?1

Depending on the brand of madness, I may very well be down. XD

• Agree 1

Shady McShaderson

• Operations Mod

I'm usually up for exploring new shenanigans lol

Edited by Dragon
Accidental tag out of habit
  • I read this! 1
  • Cheers 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Guest BETA BLUE

I have an innocent character, motherly by nature but her lover is slowly teaching her to be evil. 

Any plot that tips the scales, advances characters into what you never dream of, is totally amazing.

I'm not opposed. >>

Edited by Thyme
tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

• Admin

I am normally up for whatever. However I do love some pretty random shit.

Arranged marriages is a good one, especially when both parties aren't really into it or one is actually trying and the other isn't.

Betrayal plot lines.

Pregnancy plots of all kinds.

Miscommunications that end up ruining shit for people.

Death plots for someone really important to the other character.

Hallucination adventure plots that feel real but then the person wakes up and realizes it was all a dream and they are still stuck in whatever hell they were in before.

Dystopian governments like Aeon Flux etc that just make people disappear.

I honestly have a list of plots that I would love to play out in my writing partners thinger:

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.