• Spotlight RPG
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Elena

Needing help with an advertisement.

The site is new, not yet opened (this is why you can't see an advertising board yet) and both administrators are not native English speakers. So I kindly ask you for help for refining the advertisement. (The photo might change too, but the text is my concern). This is the first draft I came with (usually replying to various site seekers' requirements). Obviously it can be and needs improved... Thank you in advance!

- historical site, real life, no magic/ supernatural elements
- diversity of national and religious heritage encouraged (with the proper explanation, for certain rare ethnicities, how they got to the West Indies realistically) 
- gay characters allowed, as long as they aren't openly parading their relationship (in a time when sodomy was a hanging offence). 
- extensive documentation for helping with research provided on site (to be read only when needed in a thread).
- rating 2-2-2. Any subject is allowed, but not all degrees of details in describing said subject. Glossing over encouraged.
- There is no cliquey behaviour, members are welcoming newcomers
- There are only 7 members, all 18+ (and the site is not publicly advertised yet). 
- Photos of any kind of celebrities can be used as faceclaims, with no current age rule, and deceased people aren't forbidden as faceclaims. 
- Leadership and other promotions available to be earned in the story, by active characters.
- average classical bio, in order to know better the characters you are bringing and to integrate them easier in the story
- A site without stats or fate rolls
- It has no thread templates for regular posts. Some staff announcements have thread templates, and the NPC posts have a simple bbcode template.
- A minimum word count of 3 phrases. People are free to write as much or as little as they want, as long as it doesn't mean one line only. (And some posts are in the 200-300 words range, others in the 500+).

Edited by Elena

- historical site, real life, no magic/ supernatural elements Keep
[- diversity of national and religious heritage encouraged (with the proper explanation, for certain rare ethnicities, how they got to the West Indies realistically) 
- gay characters allowed, as long as they aren't openly parading their relationship (in a time when sodomy was a hanging offence). 
]-- not sure if these are overly necessary to say in an ad, since new players are expected to read the rules before joining anyways
- extensive documentation for helping with research provided on site (to be read only when needed in a thread). Not really needed, but good to say if you'd like to!
- rating 2-2-2. Any subject is allowed, but not all degrees of details in describing said subject. Glossing over encouraged. Keep
- There is no cliquey behaviour, members are welcoming newcomers Maybe say something like: - Welcoming and friendly atmosphere! We love to see new faces and enjoy creating stories with new members! 
- There are only 7 members, all 18+ (and the site is not publicly advertised yet).  - Delete
- Photos of any kind of celebrities can be used as faceclaims, with no current age rule, and deceased people aren't forbidden as faceclaims. - Delete, this should be in the rules
- Leadership and other promotions available to be earned in the story, by active characters. - Keep
- average classical bio, in order to know better the characters you are bringing and to integrate them easier in the story - Keep
- A site without stats or fate rolls - Delete
- It has no thread templates for regular posts. Some staff announcements have thread templates, and the NPC posts have a simple bbcode template. - Delete
- A minimum word count of 3 phrases. People are free to write as much or as little as they want, as long as it doesn't mean one line only. (And some posts are in the 200-300 words range, others in the 500+). - Keep, but a bit wordy here! Maybe: A minimum word count of 3 phrases, members are free to write as much as they are comfortable with! 

Overall I think you have included a few bits of information that are not necessary for an advert, but more centered around the Site's rules, which would be read regardless if someone is looking to join. I think you certainly have the key things down and I would maybe add a few more links, one to the Index, one to the advertising board (up to you on this one, I know people have difference stances on linking to this). 

Hope this helps!

• I read this! 1

Thank you very much. What I came with, was as reply to someone searching for sites, so I tried to reply to all the person's requirements, and many people have somehow similar requirements in the requests. But you are definitely helping me to narrow them down and to avoid wordiness. 

(And the link to the index is when clicking on the banner itself).

Edited by Elena