Sign in to follow this  
Arceus

Imperion (not your childhood Pokemon)

Hey all, been a while since I've done one of these, so sorry if I ramble a bit. Imperion's a few years old, now, and has gone through a few upheavals and trials, and I'd like to clean it up a bit and get it back out in the public eye again. It is essentially a dystopia that hides beneath a utopia, the kind of utopia that is too utopic. The "main story" is very linear and in the quest system, but players can choose to treat it as a sandbox, and the quests do not lead the player to changing anything. The quests just show them the door, essentially, and it's up to them if they walk through it or not, so despite this apparent linearity, it's actually very much member-driven, as it's up to them what changes, how, and when.

Imperion's very creepy-pasta when the lights go out. Its thing is ghosts and ghost Pokemon, they're everywhere, and they have a story to tell, if you care to listen. Imperion runs on d100s, but this is an automated system coded by me. If you've ever been interested in trying a tabletop-style board, and were scared off by all the things to track, Imperion's a really good place to start (you only have to calculate your HP, that's it, and you don't even have to do that anymore you just input the right numbers, the system takes care of the rest). I'm upgrading this system from 3.5 to 4.0 RC3, at the moment, and my one mod is on extended personal leave, so I have no idea when I'll have time to really focus on stuff and get them done. Hence, looking for someone to help out and ping-pong ideas with me. Imperion's sort of a mess right now, and I need to get it coherent again before new players can hope to understand it. I have a pretty solid basis for it, as it's been around for a while, but don't let that scare you, even if it's just running it by someone else for an outsider viewpoint, that's good too. Given most of the system-y things are automated, staff don't really have to intervene in much either, so most staff duties are typical board work.

It kind of oozed its craziness everywhere, and that wasn't the direction I wanted it to go, so just, you know, someone to help bounce ideas around, offer new ideas, it's been collecting dust in a corner for a few months now and I'm not opposed to overhauling it entirely. As long as the main basis behind it stays, I'm open to changing pretty much anything. If you want to have a look at it, you can lurk at imperion.kazeshini.net (none of the documentations are up now, I pulled them all).

If you're interested at all, PM me here, or you can catch me on Discord at Arceus#0521

Edited by Arceus
  • Like 1

Awards