Open Coterie  ·  64 members

Book Club

What are you currently reading?

kjSage

Or re-reading!

I'm re-reading Kael, by Tara McFadden. Book 1 of the Brothers of Elysium series (Book 2 is coming, eventually XD) Since I'm almost done with it though I'll probably re-read the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews over the rest of winter break.

• Like 1

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

For some months now I've been moving my way through Jim Butchers' The Dresden Files series. I'm really loving it. Currently I'm on book #8 in the series. I've also been side reading other things like short stories on Tor. Recently on there I read Angel of the Blockade, The Martian In the Wood, The Lady Astronaut of Mars, and Bitter Grounds which were all really solid, interesting, and enjoyable pieces.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently started reading Amber Benson's new series. The first book was good, the second broke me and I had to quit reading it. Now I'm diving back into Patricia Brigg's Mercy series.  Finished book one in 24 hours and am just about done book 2.  

OK, please don't judge me, but right now I'm reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward. Because I'm a girl and like smutty vampires.

www.blackdahliaroleplaying.com

6 minutes ago, BlackDahliaRP said:

OK, please don't judge me, but right now I'm reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward. Because I'm a girl and like smutty vampires.

I've been eyeballing that. What's the first one? I keep finding lists that are all mixed up and not helpful at all!

Currently, Candide by Voltaire. It's for a class. lol

Reality is an illusion. 

I'm reading the latest Mercy Thompson book. It's slower going than usual, but that's not the fault of the book as I've been recovering from a cold. I might revisit some old authors I've not read in a while as I can't find newer series that interest me much.

• Love 1

I am currently reading Insidious Intent by Val McDermid (new Tony Hill / Carol Jordan novel). It's a murder mystery series, mainly serial killers.

• I read this! 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

I'm finally catching up on an older Neal Stephenson release that I'd been meaning to get around to (hooray for randomly ending up at a Half Price Books when out with friends <3), REAMDE. I'm not sure if I've just been too antsy from other shit lately, or if this one's just different from his other books in a way that pulls it out of my ideal zone... but I'm finding it's slower going than I usually read his stuff. I usually prefer to read through his stuff quickly because it's so big, so it's less strain on my wrists if I zip through it quickly.

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• 3 weeks later...

Right now I'm reading Autoboyography by Christina Lauren. It's all right. Mostly coming of age stuff, but entertaining enough if not all that original. 

Reality is an illusion. 

• 3 weeks later...

I devoured Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer in two nights. A significant achievement for someone who's been struggling to finish a book for months! It's not a great book to be reading at night with your portable air con turning on and off. The shit was officially scared out of me several times when the air con turned back on.

I'm now half way through Authority, the sequel to Annihilation. I must know what Area X, the Crawler and the creepy creature in the mire are.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

I am behind in selecting my book to start of the year, my goodreads goals, all of the things. Everything got thrown into flux by the sudden need to schedule a move months ahead of a schedule. Before I pack up my boxes of books, however, I am going to get my first bit of awesome to kick off 2018 with!

My first book for the year will be The Clockwork Dynasty by Daniel H. Wilson! 

NewSig.png
Welcome to the City of Destiny

Wedding Season 1797
Forming Families Among the Rumors and the Joy
Will you ally for love or money, business or pleasure, peace or war?