Open Coterie  ·  64 members

Book Club

What are you currently reading?

kjSage

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

Just finished Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher, and my next read is going to be Enchantress of Numbers by Jennifer Chiaverini. I can't resist anything about Ada Lovelace. <3 I'm also still reading Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien.

• 1 month later...

I just finished reading The Zookeeper's Wife (okay so I may have listened to it via audiobook since I drive a lot and it's easier to pop into). Ugh. My heart.

Sadly, I wasn't feeling Enchantress of Numbers at the moment so I stopped, but will definitely be coming back to it later. Sometimes you just aren't ready/feeling a book at that moment as I've come to learn. I've picked up instead White Knight by Jim Butcher and The Tethered Mage by Melissa Caruso, and am enjoying them both quite a bit. =D

• 3 weeks later...

Rereading Ordeal by innocence by Agatha Christie.

Shady McShaderson

Still reading The Tethered Mage by Melissa Caruso(decided to buy it, took a little to get to me) so in the mean time started Sunshine by Robin McKinley. . . it's so so good!

• 1 month later...

My current selection for reading is "Into the Water" by Paula Hawkins, of  "Girl on the Train" fame. The start was a little rough as it moved between people and time, but it has generally evened out and I am getting into this mystery of a small town's body of water where people are fixated about connected deaths. Such bright, bright summer reading! xD

NewSig.png
Welcome to the City of Destiny

Wedding Season 1797
Forming Families Among the Rumors and the Joy
Will you ally for love or money, business or pleasure, peace or war?

Finished Sunshine by Robin McKinley a bit back, but so recommend it. Tragically I have misplaced my copy of The Tethered Mage, which upsets me greatly, though still hoping I don't have to re-buy it. For now I'm reading Kilted At the Altar by Anna Markland and Scandal In Spring by Lisa Kleypas — both of them I'm almost done with too. Next up? Small Favors by Jim Butcher cause I need some more Dresden in my life lol

• 1 month later...

So I just bought Witchmark by C.L. Polk. Will update with my thoughts when I start! 

Reality is an illusion. 

I recently just finished "The Eternal Ones" by Kirsten Miller and talk about a page turner! I read it in 12 hours (I may or may not have binged it haha). I also found the second book of the series at our bargain outlet for $3, so I'll be starting that probably tomorrow! 

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished a rapid week-and-a-half in which I read three books like a starving woman who's been offered food:

• The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwall
  • Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
  • And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Will be starting The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society today in the hopes of getting it finished before the movie comes out this month!

IKiE2z.png

Found my copy of The Tethered Mage and almost finished with it. Also finished A Scandal in Spring but struggling with Kilted At the Altar unfortunately. Not sure what book I'm reading next, but I have enough options lol

I just finished a very interesting book called Sharp Teeth about werewolves.

www.blackdahliaroleplaying.com

I'm still fangirling over Jeff Vandermeer, so I'm reading Finch. 😄

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 1 month later...

Finished The Tethered Mage by Melissa Caruso a bit back. Just bought it's sequel, The Defiant Heir, and can't wait to start it. Also started reading The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden which so far is a beautiful, fascinating read.