What Historical RPGs would you like to see more of?

Kit the Human

On 4/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, Jacob said:

Last, the Dark to Middle Ages are my best-loved.

Jacob reminded me of how great the Dark Ages to write in would be. Very atmospheric. This in turn reminded me of the Deverry Cycle by Katherine Kerr - I have long held love for what little we know about the Celts because of the Deverry Cycle.

• Like 2

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • WW1 RP, probably on the Western front. Maaaan so dark but I needs it. I just finished Robert Graves' autobiography and I'm not sure it should have given me muse but goddamn it it did. 
  • Jamestown - I started watching the show but lost interest (despite Sophie Rundle stealing my heart <3 ) but have been doing my own digging since then. I think it could be so interesting and so much room for POC and strong female characters which are always somewhat more tricky to include in a historical setting (well, not hard, but less obvious). 
  • Medieval Russia. Just for me to nerd over, I needs it. 
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Join us in the 12th Century, on Saints Sleep:

Sig.png

I also write on the brilliant AeRo!
B8CB4x.png

• 2 months later...

I love so many of these ideas. Some top ideas for me are:

Holy Roman Empire during the Middle Ages. It'd be hell to admin but so much fun if you could get enough players.

Age of Vikings

Francia right after the death of Charlemagne, where his Empire has been split between his three sons.

Sengoku Jidai in Japan

Warring States Period China

Another one that I was so interested in that I made it is early renaissance Italy. The Medici, the Borgia, the Sforza, the Savoia, etc. all battling it out for supremacy.

• Fuck Yeah! 1

Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/RPGItalia/ for a free historical strategic roleplaying experience set in Renaissance Italy!

Oh, and some that I forgot to say but have thought of before:

Ireland just as Catholicism is coming to it

Middle East during the rise of Islam

Aztec Empire

Ancient Egypt

Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/RPGItalia/ for a free historical strategic roleplaying experience set in Renaissance Italy!

• 4 weeks later...

I was reading this and now I want to RP during the Restoration

• Like 1

You can also find me at:

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see something set in pre-Conquest England, when the country was still divided into several smaller kingdoms. Or even something set in Ireland when the nation was ruled by the four High Kings.

• Like 2

New_Project_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Reading about Tasmanian history has given me a desire for a historical rp there - particularly prior to mid-1820s. The divide between the upperclass and everyone else was very strong, but convicts roamed freely with economic independence encouraged once quotas were met, traded with the local indigenous*, hung out with soldiers and sold kangaroo to the merchant-farmers. 

The classic penal colony didn't come out until the 1830s and that was only achieved with the introduction of herds (merino sheep) that forced an end to the nomadic-pastoral lifestyle, and the deaths of some powerful bushrangers.

*or were horrible. This was still colonization.

You can also find me at:

• 2 months later...

I'd love to see an antebellum American south board.  I had one ages ago back before forum RPing was really even a thing.  

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: 

absintheaffiliate.gif spacer.png DuellumAffiliate.jpg.300504c568bebb615a1863c5d5947415.jpg static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa