What's your character Hogwarts house?

ArthurGael

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Violet: Slytherin, because I took the Pottermore quiz and that's how she was sorted. >_>

Alice: Gryffindor, same reason.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Is it cheating because I write on a HP site? I'll only use some :P

Silas - Slytherin, because he's ambitious and admires the traits (and he hoped for it), though Gryffindor would suit him even better.

Artem - though not a Hogwarts student, he would have been a Gryffindor, though Hufflepuff would have suited him well too, because he's brave and considerate.

for the non-HP character, I was discussing this earlier... Axel would likely be a Hufflepuff, as he's intensely dedicated, hard-working, and loyal, though he could also fit well in Gryffindor due to his temper and bravery, or Slytherin for his ambitions and cunning.

Vesta would probably be borderline Slytherin and Ravenclaw. She's a true neutral alignment with an arrogant flair for the selfish - but also very pragmatic and critically intelligent. 

Skie would be Hufflepuff. She's chaotic good and has some Gryffindor traits, but her loyalty reaches Jorah Mormont levels (without the creepy crush), she befriends EVERYONE (even the bad guys), and always fights to give the underdog a shot at a level playing field. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 2 months later...

The two OC's I write with the most, Loch and Moon Moon, are both gryffendors. With Moon Moon, he could have been a hufflepuff, but the qualities of "nerve" and "bravery" overvalued the "justice" and "loyalty" bits that initially attracted me to hufflepuff for him.

Loch is not ambitious enough to be a syltherin or intelligent enough to be a ravenclaw. 

I'm not going to get into every character because I have like 200 and, no, BUT I've always joked that Lyra is the most Slytherin Hufflepuff to ever Hufflepuff because on the surface she looks like the PERFECT Slytherin. Cunning, ambitious, sweet-talker, gleefully rips down anyone who stands in her way to get to her goals... BUT. It's all done out of loyalty?? She actually has very few ambitions of her own, and even when she looks like she's doing something self-serving it's to further someone else's cause. Like, she can be selfish and petty when it comes to the little things but every big step that she takes is to push someone else forward.

affbutton.png

• 3 months later...
  • Alexandria Hallows is Ravenclaw. (Because she's way too intelligent)
  • Evelyn Marx is Gryffindor. (Because fear is nigh nonexistent)
  • Hallen Vorne is Hufflepuff. (Because she's too weird to be anywhere else)
  • Alesana Durand is Slytherin. (Because she's a bit too far gone at this point)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hela is Slytherin. Though, the older she grows and the more her character develops, she's getting more and more Ravenclaw (which she's always been partially anyway). Her ideal state/character goal is probably Slytherclaw.

• 2 weeks later...

Crow was in Slytherin when at Hogwarts, so he's pretty much been sorted. I think he was put there mainly because of his strong personal drive - all that matters are his goals and wishes, and he'll stop at nothing to do as he wants.

32931973_SAgif(1).gif.746e26b022202f76c8b58022c38b9a76.gif

Valon: I'm not sure they're a weird cusp of Ravenclaw and Slytherin

James: Gryffindor

Dimitri: Gryffindor

Laguna: Hufflepuff

Trevor: Ravenclaw

Fang: She's a weird Hufflepuff/Gryffindor mix

Albel: Slytherin

Valon

• 11 months later...

My characters are all usually Slytherin or Ravenclaw

• 4 months later...

I think my characters pretty much cover the whole range of houses!

Mihail is a Slytherin. He's very calculating and ambitious in his own way, even if it doesn't always come out clearly, he has his own ideals and he acts with the plan to achieve them. He's also fairly resourceful and knows how to build a network of people that will best get him to what he wants. To really drive home that he's a Slytherin, he's also from a family that has snakes as their family crest and has a pet snake. Mihail is a very cold and calculating individual as well, in a way that I think would narrow him down automatically to being either a Slytherin or a Ravenclaw, but I think it's his resourcefulness and ambition that really push him over to Slytherin.

Elijah is basically the archetype of the brash Gryffindor character. He's full of unwarranted courage and is a bit of a thrill seeker in a way that I think really epitomises Gryffindor as a house. He can be very loyal and caring to his friends, but he has so much bravado in him that he would genuinely be amiss anywhere other than in Gryffindor. I have written him in a Hogwarts setting once, and he ended up in Gryffindor basically without question.

Max is a mix between a Ravenclaw and a Hufflepuff, but I think his intelligence and wit push him over to Ravenclaw just a little bit more. I've never actually written him in a Hogwarts setting — only Beauxbatons — but the house that he was placed in there was their equivalent of Ravenclaw. On the Hufflepuff side, he's very close and loyal to his family and friends, and even though he has a bit of a rough exterior at times, on the inside he is actually very sweet and caring in that sort of stereotypical Hufflepuff way. 

• 2 months later...

My main character for awhile, Cynzia, was definitely a Slytherin. But her daughter is most certainly a Gryffindor. xD I think I usually go for one of the two, tbh, in my character types LOL 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna answer this for my two main graphic novel characters.

Julien - Gryffindor, 100%. More of a rational head for the most part.

Liam - I'm honestly leaning towards Slytherin, which he would hate because he doesn't like snakes. But he is smart and conniving in a way. I don't think he would be purposely rude though.

they/he - 24