What country do you want to travel to?

Gothic

The Scottish Highlands are intriguing to me because of family history or a volcano tour of almost anywhere.

Honestly, and at the risk of offending scads of people, there's just too much I want to see and do in my own country...the good old USA. Not saying there aren't some amazing places out there because there are.

My list....

Go back to the southwest and see the pueblos again, especially Pueblo Bonito in Chaco Canyon.

The Alamo in Texas

Hike the Rockies

Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument (Montana)

Going to the Sun Road (Glacier National Park, Montana)

The Columbia and Snake River RIverboat Cruise (follows some of the Lewis & Clark route)

Everywhere in Maine

Any volcano in Alaska

Back to Yellowstone

Tombstone, Arizona

Cloud Canyon, here in Georgia, USA

Hike the Appalachian Trail (all of it, only made about 5 miles with a high school group)

Back to the Smithsonian Museum and the Museum of Natural History (DC and New York respectively)

A Haunted Places tour of the entire USA because it'd be fun. The ghost tour buggy ride in Savannah, GA is really fun.

Almost all of our battlefields although they make me sad.

Drive up one coast and down the other (pipe dream).

Cruise all of the Great Lakes and see Niagara Falls.

Back to the Florida Everglades and maybe spend some time in one of the really remote non-touristy keys.

I have seen Hoover Dam, it made me dizzy!

Rafting on the Colorado.

Go back and raft the Chattahoochee here in GA again. That was a lovely day!

There's so much more, but those are the highlights.

Last, and my dearest wish of all, move back home to my beloved Smoky Mountains.

• I read this! 1
  • Like 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

On 3/22/2018 at 1:23 PM, Stormwolfe said:

My list....

Going to the Sun Road (Glacier National Park, Montana)

My family has a similar mindset in the "we'd love to go international but there is so much to see here in the states!" so we've done quite a few things on your list.

I'm emphasizing this one because, out of all the places i have ever been, I have never seen something quite so breath takingly wonderful as this road. I'm still in awe of it. 

I want to take my partner there because photos don't do it justice.

I loved pulling over and walking around and no matter what direction you looked at on these little rock outcroppings, the view in every single direction was amazing.

So i highly highly recommend it!

On that note, if you're not afraid of heights and have the ability to do a hike, you should check out Angel's Landing in Zion National Park. (I think it's in Arizona.)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to go to Australia. I have family over there, and while one frequently visits us, it'd be nice to meet the rest. 

Id also like to re-visit Peru - beautiful country. 

Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one. 

Guest Parasite Eve

If I could I would go everywhere because I have never been outside of the US and out of the US I've been to two states so I feel confined. I want to see any and everything. I don't have a specific place in mind I just want to be able to say, later on, I went there I saw that.

Italy - Sistine chapel, Michelangelo's, tomb, Michelangelo everything, and other art exhibits. Also want to see their architecture. I heard they were pretty good about people's special diets, like gluten free. I used to want to work as an art restorer but I'm allergic to some ingredients they use so no can do.

Japan - for potential work possibilities. I also want to see the smaller/countryside towns as well as Shrines and temples, and of course... the hot springs. B) I also want more ramune, my new addiction. I'd also like to try some of their goods if/when they're gluten free like fresh mochi.

Africa - adobe architecture, art, culture, animals

South Korea

And there were some island villages built on the water that I really wanted to see but I don't remember where they are or what they're called. :|

This might be strange, but I really want to touch sand dunes. :|

• 2 months later...

I reallllly want to go to Vladivostok in Russia and ride the trans-siberian railroad east to west and then travel through Europe.  

Edited by The Rebel
  • I read this! 1
  • Love 1

royals_rebels.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Ticked off my list: Norway, Iceland, Finland, Russia, France, Spain & Germany

Next I would love to visit the Faroes! Out of the countries I've visited, the Nordics were my favourites. I loved Iceland especially because my country (Ireland) has some shared history with them - Icelandic women have 60ish% Irish DNA - so people loved talking about that and were just super friendly. I want to go again in Autumn if I can. The Northern lights were stunning and I didn't even see that good of a show.

Edited by Rivfader
  • Love 1

rsz_nightborn_signature.png.49b292d20e17d3c29707bfecdb8bb800.png

id like to visit iceland, india, tanzania, italy, and australia. mostly i have things i want to see, not exactly places, so all these places have a specific reason.

that which does not kill me, had better run; because now im pissed.

You can find me on Simprovise

Dude, I wanna see my BFF in Canada so bad! And maybe never come home!

Reality is an illusion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any of the old Byzantine market cities. I'd love to explore the resident market places in them and experience the people that haggle on the regular there.

• Love 1

• 5 weeks later...

I'd love to go to Norway, Poland, and Tajikistan someday. The first two mainly because they seem pretty cool and have such rich histories, and the latter because my grandmother's family is from the lands that ended up becoming Tajikistan and I'd like to see the town they're from.

• Operations Mod
On 3/22/2018 at 12:23 PM, Stormwolfe said:

Hike the Appalachian Trail (all of it, only made about 5 miles with a high school group)

I'm slowly saving for and planning a through hike of the trail starting out of Georgia in the late winter/early spring. I was going to jet out for it this year but a potential job kept me back (didn't work out so ugh). I've got my pack planned out and have been slowly accumulating the actual items - water purifying gear, space blanket, emergency kits etc. Pack for my dog so he can carry his own food and water between towns. 

Maybe we could network and get something together. My mother doesn't want me going alone and apparently taking the dog doesn't count. 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

A lot but.. one of the major ones is Russia because I've been obsessed with Imperial Russia and the Romanovs since I was in like.. first grade and read the Royal Princess Diary (that set of books about real royal princesses throughout history that's associated with Dear America) about Anastasia.