Icyboards is closing, we can help! Read more... ×
The Initiative's 2018 Roleplay Community Awards Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rune

Wild West Fantasy?

I've got a board all set up and just waiting to be used... But I'm also pinched for time and don't know if its something people would be interested in.

Wild west fantasy!

Cowboys, werewolves, horses, vampires! Outlaws, railroads! Whores!

Something anyone would be interested in? Bonus points if you want to lend a hand. Had a board mostly started a few years back that is currently sitting empty.

I've seen a couple over the years, but it's not something too interesting for me; I'm more of a fantasy person. That means though that there is definately a niche for it. I think most of those I've seen have been set in sort of like a gold-rush scene, but I haven't done a lot of roleplaying for a while so don't quote me on it.

The California Gold Rush! A goddamn classic RP setting. I'll have to dig my history notebook out to see if I have any additional details on the period, but in the meantime, a short list of why I love the Gold Rush as a general setting:

• Huge potential for dealing with slavery and genocide
  • It's also during the Victorian era, which goes hand in hand with steampunk
  • It's only ten years before the Civil War so political drama out the wazoo
  • That sweet, sweet Industrial Revolution
  • People are angry about Mexico for various reasons
  • Gorgeous scenery
  • Mormons
  • Sexy cowboys

9 minutes ago, Rune said:

Gold Rush is a freaking GREAT time for a setting. There is SO much going on there!

Here's the mess you can look at. Clearly untouched for a few years after RW gutted me. xD

http://ironmoon.jcink.net/ @Deep Sea

Gaaaawd I remember that. I don't think I ever got anyone going but it was so long ago

47 minutes ago, jenneral_jennson said:

Gaaaawd I remember that. I don't think I ever got anyone going but it was so long ago

Right? It was a vague "Hey! This is a thing!" Then things exploded. 

Things are better now.

I might be interested in something like this depending on how it was set up. I've been sitting on an idea for a werewolf turned western outlaw after the murder of his family for a while now. 

• I read this! 1

Any of you interested in staffing in some way? 

I can add it to my premium and get us 18+ as well. I'm gonna go back in and fiddle with the lore, too. Since its been years and I don't like it. xD

Any preferences as to what you'd like to see?

On 1/16/2018 at 12:14 PM, Rune said:

I have no idea what this is. Tell me more!

Deadlands is a Table Top RPG setting. It's Supernatural AU Wild West meets Steampunk... sort of like that Wild, Wild West movie but gritter.

Deadlands, the weird west

There is tons of resource material out there for it, a lot of which are available in pdf form, that could help with creating lore and maps and plots and such too. 

• I read this! 1