Weird shit of Roleplays

Uaithne

Maybe this is relatively tame and more annoying than weird but Imma throwing it out there.

Used to be part of an adventure group RP where the GM insisted that we fade to black if/when characters had sex. Nothing weird about that, right? I thought not. Perfectly reasonable. I've also always made it perfectly clear that I don't write smut with just anybody (I'm picky about this one for a variety of reason). Then one of my characters got into an IC relationship with another player's character. The member kept insisting we should 'write out the sex scenes for accuracy'.

Not sure what else is needed in an adventure RP besides "they did it that night" because it wasn't the focus of the RP. The characters travelling, fighting and training was. So yeah. This happened.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

1. There was an incident on a post apocalyptic roleplay, where a bandit character used the c-word once. Half the site threatened to leave because of the character saying that word. I mean, it wasn't that inappropriate considering the setting and the type of character they were. I don't understand why sometimes a bandwagon of drama crops up over nothing.

2. The character Ivan. Over ten years ago, a newbie made a character named Ivan on a fantasy site. He was a human adventurer. The first line from Ivan was something like this:

Sees a bunch of elves walking. "Dumbasses."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make fun of the player. But Ivan's commentary was legendary. Pity he flaked not long after. It was probably unintentional on the writer's part, but the character was very amusing.

3. Someone joins a cyberpunk RP, as a character dressed in 1700's redcoat attire, with a musket, from a planet that apparently developed replica 1700's technology. This might work in certain settings, but not this particular game. The same thing has happened on other genres, where a character is based around some very specific subject that just does not fit. And I know for a fact most of these character types could easily find a place in the various historical RPs around. I don't understand why they join a completely different genre and try to shoehorn the idea in.

4. Got accused of pretending to be multiple members. I asked in chat "how is everyone?", and then proceeded to say "as for me, I'm just relaxing". They thought I was answering my own question, and that I had intended to post it on another member's account, which was apparently my sock puppet account. I denied it, and the other member that was also apparently me denied it. The accuser left in a fit because "who knows how many sock puppets the admin has, hogging all the important positions". We had just opened a few weeks earlier and only one of ten canon slots were taken. Lol.

Edited by Honorem

I once got a member being rude and "having a go" at us accusing us of being racist basically. The way they said things was basically saying we're all white characters so clearly don't like other races because we are racist.

I had a POC and an asian character, as did my co-admin and we can't force other members to play more characters just to make us look even. Plus many of my closest friends at that point were not white, more were asian or mixed poc. I not only stated we had some characters non-white, but that forcing members to make a character based on skintone was micromanagey...and i added most of our friends aren't white, nor do we even say our own skin colour.

I banned them, just had to state that because it pissed me off making judgements and saying we're racist when they've no effing clue what they're on about. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Lady Croft said:

I once got a member being rude and "having a go" at us accusing us of being racist basically. The way they said things was basically saying we're all white characters so clearly don't like other races because we are racist.

I had a POC and an asian character, as did my co-admin and we can't force other members to play more characters just to make us look even. Plus many of my closest friends at that point were not white, more were asian or mixed poc. I not only stated we had some characters non-white, but that forcing members to make a character based on skintone was micromanagey...and i added most of our friends aren't white, nor do we even say our own skin colour.

I banned them, just had to state that because it pissed me off making judgements and saying we're racist when they've no effing clue what they're on about. 

I had the exact same thing. Just have to get rid of those fools.

And I agree, I don't like seeing "you must pick X ethnic background as your face claim". Ironically, that's a very racist and discriminatory rule, and for what? Some perfectly balanced (and unrealistic) character census? I don't get it.

Edited by Honorem

Once we had a guy use his own name(which we found out later) to play a black smith character self-insert... in a modern x-men-esque 'hero school' rp? Yeah, he got banned later for role playing content that bordered on creepy with characters who were minors. He also god-modded a few times. I'm surprised the mods kept him around that long.

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 3/10/2020 at 12:50 AM, Honorem said:

The accuser left in a fit because "who knows how many sock puppets the admin has, hogging all the important positions". We had just opened a few weeks earlier and only one of ten canon slots were taken. Lol.

lmao I know it's happened on some places but I see far more often admins dying not to have all the important characters.

• Agree 1
  • LOL 1

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

• 2 months later...

I've seen quite a few weird things over the years, but the one that takes the cake is the girl that doxxed herself to me to 'prove' she was dyslexic...

Both of my co-admins had tried messaging her about her absolutely incoherent posts, and basically just got told to screw off. I decided to call her out publicly for it (it was New Years, all my staff were trashed in a group call, and they egged me on), and started a huge argument. She eventually PMed me on Skype to send me a photo with her driver's license and some paperwork regarding a dyslexia diagnosis from the school because I'd told her that wasn't an excuse. Being a drunk 18 year old smartass, I pulled her house up on Google street view (the address was on her license), sent her the screenshot, and then banned her. After that, her name became synonymous with the weirdos who think a really common thing is an excuse for them to not follow the rules, a la "We've got another [name redacted] in X thread!".

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

I had some weird stuff happen with a random person I roleplayed with on the site I started at. I asked to join their rp and they agreed. I thought I had done my  homework on their style of writing. They then turned out to be super aggressive, yelling at my character, refusing to give their name, manipulating her both physically and talking on her behalf, using her name that she never gave because they didn't give her chance to then casually told her she was about to get high due to drinking demon's blood.

The weirdest part was later I found out it was an alt of the site owner. The same person who put up the rules no god modding, don't bunny etc, who broke all their own rules. 

I was new...it was a learning curve. I can laugh about it now though.

• Cringe 2

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Withing - Modern Supernatural Roleplay (JCINK 18+)

The person who joined my site and wanted to play a wolf who kept seemingly multiple human children as sex slaves. Because you know that’s something perfectly normal to ask.

I still haven’t banned a guest faster.

• Cringe 2

• 2 weeks later...

When you open up an interest check on another site only to see a four paragraph essay on why every other site in a genre is shit and there’s is gonna be amazing. Not even in a nice way. In the most blunt, passive aggressive way possible.

i give the site a week.

• Cringe 2

When someone registers on your site, and views it every day - often multiple times a day, at random hours, but still hasn't even visibly started on a character, poked their head into the Discord, or responded to your "hey, hope everything's okay" messages a week later. Like... If you're here just to lurk, fine! Just tell me?!

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

• 2 years later...

Stalking, not talking about lurkers but out right stalking. I'm talking the kind of person who doesn't like you either behind your back or very open despises your guts. Follows you on every resource site you join, every discord resource/ad server you join, reads everything you post, even creates fake accounts or has a friend do it to check out anything you put a staff search or 'site buzz' about. Then will constantly hound your site, read every single line written, check out all the coding, and even passive aggressively post about you and your site here and there. THEN wanna blame YOU for 'forcing' them to see you all over the place then reverse claim the whole stalking aspect. 

Because of one specific individual I have a google doc of all their own aliases, usernames, and an IP tracker embedded within other coding my my sites so it doesn't stick out. I get not liking someone, but I typically go out of my way to ignore and never interact or spoke of them. But when you got someone doing all this.... I mean, where do you find the time for one? I don't even have enough time to get eight hours of sleep over a span of three days sometimes. Secondly, why? Ignore, block and never think of them again. Its gotta be better than all this effort just to essentially 'die mad'. And over roleplaying of all things?