Weird shit of Roleplays

Uaithne

On 2/16/2019 at 12:14 AM, blinkster said:

I've had someone join and not actually know what role-playing was...Which still confuses me to this day. I'd regularly get questions from him going, "So does I have to write things?" "How do I get money?Oh I have to write it, but that would take so long" "There's so much to read."  This was in my Admining early days so I ended up walking him through joining, I don't think I'd have the patience to do it any more. 

omg nooooo! We get so. many. of. these despite being listed as an intermediate roleplay. How do these people find us? Do they walk off simulation games and wander into the roleplaying realm like "ooh this sounds fun" and then quietly blink at our forums in confusion?

We've... had patience enough to walk quite a few of these people through using a forum for the first time, but we honestly never want to LOL. We just don't know how to break it to them that we're not here to teach them how to use the internet or the computer without sounding rude as fuck... because as staff, that can impact us badly. Some of them write pretty ok, too, surprisingly?

Edited by SavagexTomato
just quoting the wrong people, whoops!

Note: I do not subscribe to the, "your fun is wrong," ideal. I also don't do kink shaming or judgement. You do what you want. So long as it harm none. However, don't try and shove your fun into my fun and force me to try it. 

1.) Person wanted my drow character to eat theirs. Whole. This is apparently called vore or soft vore. Anyway. I was not into that. I said I am sorry, I am not comfortable about it. Their response was to try and wheedle me into it out of character for 20 minutes in IMs, straight. I blocked. This is not cool. If someone says, "I am uncomfortable/unwilling to RP this scene/action," then leave it at that. 

2.) Horse guy. For the nearly 10 years RPing in AOL chats there was an infamous role player everyone simply named horse guy. This person was either the world's best chat troll or...dedicated? Anyhoo, almost all the chat room role players I knew had a horse guy story. It became like a routine thing. You created a new character SN or you were a new character, this person would IM you within an hour of two regardless of which room you were in and ICly approach you as either a female horse in heat...or a male...With the OOC tag of looking for RP. Everybody I know blocked them. To this day, I am both impressed and creeped out by that level of ....something. 

3.) Keeping a running tally OOC of how many characters would stumble into a bar, tavern, Inn or store setting stumbling and bleeding. One night it went over 30. 

4.) Also keeping a running tally OOC of how many characters decided to go into labor and give birth in or on the bar where drinks and food were served. 

5.) ^ How many attempted to have sex on the bar. Apparently, a couple of Rpers forgot that one chat room was publicly logged and thought since there was no one around that night they'd get into it. Everyone had an eye opening moment reading the logs the next day. (This was supposed to be a PG 13 rated site and chat by the way.) Wooops. Edited to add: I will freely admit I have no cares if someone RPs sexual acts, ERPs or whatever it is. But...In a public room? That's supposed to be PG 13? 

I'm sure I have more, but I've probably forgotten a lot just to keep my sanity. 

Edited by GreaterRealms
  • Agree 1
  • LOL 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've dealt with more sock-puppets than I can count, especially when I was role playing on Facebook. One person had several OOC accounts for her socks, using random real person images she'd stolen from unprotected accounts she found. She'd then use some socks to stir up trouble among the members of her group, then use others to settle things down again. I'll never understand what her motivation was for that.

• Agree 2

New-Project.png

HOME   PLOT

• 5 months later...

Had a few weird things back in the days of MSN Chat.

1.) Had a guy RPing as a Terminator come into a medieval fantasy chat room. He full on arrived back in time, with a shotgun.

2.) Lots of people moving over to sit in a dark corner. These old taverns really have a lot of dark corners, eh? My character could make a fortune as a chandelier installer, going around to these businesses with inadequate lighting.

3.) Me. I'm ashamed to admit it. One of my first characters was this vampire with long silver hair, grey skin, red eyes (very badass). Then, Star Wars Episode 2 came out, and I was obsessed with Ewan McGregor. So one day I changed his profile image to Obi-Wan, and just decided he was a Jedi. Same character and all, interacting with a bunch of vampires, but he was an Obi-Wan knock off. No one seemed to mind, which was swell at the time. But thinking back on it, I always wonder, did it bother them?

Edited by Honorem
  • LOL 2

Somebody advertised on our site but did not leave their advert. They posted a cropped screen cap of our site’s verification question. Wuuuttt

• LOL 3

Reality is an illusion. 

Witnessing somebody throw a fit because the admins just told them they couldn't underwear images on the site. Then going to their who's who info and discovering they're supposedly 35+. 😶

^For the record I was a lurking guest, not even a legit member, so this was public for any other guests to see. 

• LOL 2
  • Cringe 1

• 2 weeks later...

We had a new person join up who turned out to be a bad fit for the site and, worse, get very angry and defensive whenever anyone tried to help her. In the end, we asked her to leave. I removed her from the Discord and deleted her two characters and assumed that would be the end of it. Alas, no. A week later she re-registered her characters on the site and popped back up in Discord. We banned her this time and deleted her characters again. But she then sent a message to a random member of the group (a new person who didn't know her) and told them "I have decided I won't be returning to the site".  She had already been told she wasn't going to be allowed to come back. But I guess she felt she was saving face? 

• LOL 1

New-Project.png

HOME   PLOT

Once had a member expect people to consistently write 1000+ words with them or they felt that their partner was not putting in as much effort as they were.

Like... what... 

Needless to say, this person did not last long. 

• LOL 1

So on my other site we have had, possibly, the same person show up in our discord more than once asking if it is a Naruto site? For one, I have no idea how they could be entering our discord without clicking the direct link on site...and our forum is very clearly Harry Potter. The person is always super friendly and leaves when they've realized they made a mistake but ??? HOW?

Once had a member who often wrote really really long posts complain to a co-admin that she wasn't complementing his posts enough - as in patting  him on the back enough, even though I think they only ever had one thread together.

Edited by Rugs

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

-Sign in to see a member has a problem.

-Don't have any PMs or messages.

-Another member asks for a plot/thread, so I create one.

-Member 1 sends out a report against ME for RPing with Member 2

-Apparently, Member 1 had a problem with Member 2 but addressed it in a very passive aggressive way, confusing all involved.

-Co-admin takes care of the issue. 

But I'm still just Jackie Chan facing the whole ordeal. 

Jackie-Chan-WTF-Meme.png

Reality is an illusion. 

• 1 month later...
Guest BETA BLUE

People and superpowers. Nothing is better than powers that are easily defined and they make sense.  I get crazy powers at are out of this world, or horrible descriptions. 

A word isn’t allowed on the board but there’s another nasty word used on it that is allowed. I wonder where people choose the line....

• Preach it! 1

Reality is an illusion. 

I have had a couple of people (yes, more than one) ask if their character could be Jack the Ripper, not just a serial killer, but the Jack the Ripper. Needless to say, that's the reason I had to put in the rule about no historical characters. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Cringe 1

GbQDuEL.png

• 1 month later...

Long frustrate story

Have a member that is getting real annoying with the characters they're making (and subsequently not playing).

Their character applications derail off the realism scale (and our lore scale). Every single character they've made on site so far has needed heavy modifications. There's lots of back-and-forth between us and them, lots of corrections. And they don't always do the edits we ask them to - they'll change like one or two sentences, but ignore the big stuff we just told them doesn't make sense. Then we gotta go back and tell them in even simpler terms what we want them to fix. It's honestly just a grueling process for everyone.

And it wouldn't be bad if they made their characters and stuck with them. But instead, they create a character, after this process of an app-accepting process, post like 5x max, disappear for a month, and then come back claiming they've lost muse for the character they created and they'd like to drop them. Then they join with two new characters and the process begins all over again.

Well, recently. We've tagged on some consequences. The last time they came back and dropped all their characters (this is the second time, we've now gone through 3 characters, two from the first time, and then the one he dropped when he returned again), we decided that enough was enough and we placed a month-long character ban on them, asking them to also make at least 15 posts with their remaining character before they ask for another one. 

Person asks us twice during this timeframe, despite it being in a message on their account (terms clearly stated), whether they can now make a new character. When we ask them to gain the posts, we get a mysterious "new person" with an IP address that matches theirs.

Given we've been getting a lot of these lately (people who think they can just disappear, avoid the consequences for letting their characters go inactive, and join up and act like a new person), we reached out to their original account and asked them.

They told us their sister joined up, but she's not going to be staying because she's not interested. I smell bullshit. Neither of them have been on since. 

I can't figure out if they're purposely trolling us... or just don't know what they want. 

Edited by Sammiie
fixed spacing
  • Like 1