Doing something nice

Bamf

Hey Initiative Fam!

I'm looking for ways to do something nice for my members. I once changed an image on the main site page to rotate with an image of at least one picture of the member's character. And they loved it. I've heard of people doing music videoes and other things, but wondering if any of you have any ideas? I'm not sure I could pull off a music video :).

Thanks!

• Love 2

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

I like to give out 'mystery items' in my shop to the members sometimes, often with little to no warning before I go 'hey things are in the shop for free' xD Most often it'll be if we won a spotlight, on my birthday, even just on a whim.

I've also bought art for my members before (but I couldn't do it now, that was for a much, much smaller version of my site - we only had like 15 members XD), done special graphics on request, even just a shout-out and award works sometimes! Members love little badges for their mini profiles. <3

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

My husband does musical videos with the images I provide for him, for my site. With Movie Machine it isn't difficult. There is also another kind of programme which adds music to a powerpoint. 

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

I've done fairly silly little events. We did an advent calendar for December, where every day they could "unlock" different prizes by accomplishing goals (collectively make X amount of posts, write 3k words, place x amount of ads, put x amount of ads up on The Initiative or other directories, etc) People LOVED it. It's become one of the favorite events.

You could also see about getting a site wide template of some variety done. For want ads or posts or shippers, whatever you prefer. 

Could filter their names in the Cbox to be colours. Or change their avatars without warning to something more ~festive~. 

It depends on where your skills lie.

Hell, I've written goofy smut for people before.

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

You could do a Secret Santa, where you randomly (in secret) assign a member to another one, with a choice of gifts they can give the member they've been assigned. The gifts can be graphics like avatars, signatures, pieces of writing, art of their character, etc. They can be quite fun.

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

Secret Santas are super fun and have a lot of participation at 'Souls!  (:  You could also hold a raffle, where one IC post = one ticket and give away art, graphic tables, or OOC baubles like icons that way.  

• Love 1

Souls_400x100_01.jpg

'souls | no wc | character-driven | werecanines | open & active since 2001!

3 hours ago, Sunchance said:

Secret Santas are super fun and have a lot of participation at 'Souls!  (:  You could also hold a raffle, where one IC post = one ticket and give away art, graphic tables, or OOC baubles like icons that way.  

We do similar to the raffle with a shop.

Doing certain tasks earn certain number of points. Posting earns 1 point, advertising earns 5, hitting 3 pages earns 10, etc. At the end of the time limit, players can use these points to "buy" items they might not normally be able to buy from a temporary shop. We've done everything from cbox filters to "I had leftover points, so here's a jellyfish" awards.

• Love 1

These are all amazing ideas! I've been wanting to setup awards for awhile! And maybe I could do a music video!

I don't have an award shop,  but I thought about 'dropping ' powerful weaponry to characters for a thread before and that reminded me. 

So many activities!!!

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

We do small things for our members like new award badges for things they do on the site like participating, contributing, etc. I've also held a giveaway for custom art of characters on the site for their forum avatars. We were going to do a secret santa this year, but the timing wasn't good for us, so that's a next year thing! We tend to do events for our members to get them involved, and depending how big the event is, it could yield big prizes. Our October event had members do AUs, trick or treating, simply posting on a specific thread, etc. For each post, they got the event's currency that they could later use in the event only shop that involved things like shop items, favors from the gods, limited species, auto-plot positions, custom art, custom code, and so much more! 

We also do small things on the site to coincide with the plot. So for one of our gods dying, a new theme/skin was released. For our first birthday, our first major theme/skin got an update with the god in a party hat and balloons. We also did a major release on species, lore, events, and more that everyone loved. We try to do what we can for our members because the site wouldn't exist without them <3 Everything we do is a thank you to them for staying with us.

• I read this! 1

jak_sig_2sec_by_accenlia-dbcyqh8.gif

Not all things last... Some thrive in the fire while others die
Original High Medieval Fantasy || 3-3-3