What Was Your Favorite Forum and Why?

Uaithne

In all the time you have been RPing, what was your favorite RP(s) and why?  Tell us about your happy times (or maybe not happy times that somehow still lead to the site being your favorite).

WoL___dark01.png

When I was 15 it was an InvisionFree Harry Potter forum, I honestly can't remember the name but it was my first real forum and it was well organized and well run and the players were great, active and dedicated and there was no OOC drama for a lot of years. They allowed mature writing and kept to the canon without being overbearing about anything. Unfortunately, the head admin eventually left for work and the ones that took it over weren't so good at keeping their drama off the board so it ended up going under :( I still miss it.

I don't remember what it was called, it was many, many years ago, but there was this one forum I joined that was a sort of mash up of historical characters. When these characters died in their first lives they were sent to this new sort of world. It was really fun. There were so many different types of characters and the interactions were great. The admins and members were awesome too. I don't really remember why I left, or if I did leave before it became inactive, but I know the board eventually shut down. 

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

I have honestly been associated with so many fabulous RPs and sites! There are so many people that I would like to applaud and say thank-you to for their awesome creativity. And, along the way, I've gotten tangled up with some real pooch-screw sites.

There was a western many long years ago that was based on the Young Riders that I thoroughly enjoyed and was sad when it folded due to lack of time on the part of the creator/Admin. I am currently in another western that I am enjoying a great deal and hope to expand there. Right now, I'm still feeling my way around.

On the graphics and site construction side of things, I had a Stargate SG-1 game for many years that was just beautiful. My co-Admin had designed the theme around a banner she created and it was all drop-dead gorgeous. Sadly, behind-the-scenes canon wars took over and I burned out due to ongoing drama and shut it down.

Currently - I enjoy the three games I created and manage (a fantasy, a TV western, and an 80's style action/adventure). I have to say I have a bias toward my western which is moving off Nova to forums (not a hit at Nova which I adore, but what I want from the game and its story is more suited to forum play). 

Kudos to all the creative folk out there!

• Agree 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

I actually am just reopening my favorite forum. It's been 2 years since playing it, and I hardly have the time to be doing this  - but I miss it so much!

It's a combination site of several of my favorite fandoms, combined in an AU world where everything joins together and it's just...beautiful :D

• I read this! 1

Beat to Quarters had been my favourite. It was far from being perfect, but it had some of the athmosphere of collaboration I didn't succeed to replicate, no matter how much I tried. 

It was also one of the few sites which actually ended properly, after 2 years of running, with a blast (literally, since the three ships were sunk, with the indication that some survivors existed, but their stories were not told further, because there was no sequel).

• 1 month later...

Star Wars RP Chaos, was once my favourite for many years. But OOC politics kinda soured the taste of fun.

Owner Of Convergence Wars

Are you an RP Site Admin? Add me on Discord to learn about RP Community Watch, a server full of RP Admins who chill, exchange tips, and share a watchlist of dangerous members.
Discord Name: SYRE#0420

Disney Unleashed. You could play as any of the animated film or TV series characters. People were there to roleplay and have fun with no OOC drama, whining about the forum skin, or popularity contests getting in the way. The staff was good too (or at least I don't remember any of them being jackholes).  There was a nice variety of characters from all sorts of canons instead of just characters from the popular films (grabbing a popular film character in itself isn't a bad thing, but with Disney fans who do that, all they want to do is just thread with other such players and totally ignore anyone who didn't have a popular character). 

I can't remember why DU went down, but I was so disappointed when it did. I've never come across a Disney site that was ever on that level since.

Edited by Sketchy Unicorn
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was Crux. The setting was neat, I felt right at home (most of the time), had good plots, and I loved the factions. But they closed in a month.

Another one is Save Your Goodbyes because it has my longest forum plot. About 50-60+ threads later and it's still going on strong. The site is private now.

Currently, I'm really proud and invested in my own site Kismet Divided.

Many years ago I played in Wrestling With Demons on Charmed: The Prophecy Board. That was a good RP but it's been heavily changed now and just not the same.

WibBanner.jpg

There's an RP I'm currently involved in that's been going for a little over 6 months now. I love it, we're a small group that's very dedicated to the RP itself and its led to the site its on being my favourite as I don't know how long I'd have stayed there if this RP hadn't pulled me in x3

• Agree 1

Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one. 

Guest TheHales

My favorite site was definitely the modern fantasy/crime site that @MissQ and I ran together for almost two years. It was a little bit stereotypical because we had the whole vampires vs. werewolves thing (other species, too, but those were the big two), but I felt like we got to revamp a lot of our old characters and take their stories pretty far. There was a lot of growth and development for everyone, and we had some awesome site-wide plots, though sadly, it ended without a proper resolution. Still, I really enjoyed the site plus it gave me the chance to use the ever beautiful Latrice Royale as a playby so how could I not be in love?

Ah, the nostalgia.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 10:28 AM, Sketchy Unicorn said:

Disney Unleashed. You could play as any of the animated film or TV series characters. People were there to roleplay and have fun with no OOC drama, whining about the forum skin, or popularity contests getting in the way. The staff was good too (or at least I don't remember any of them being jackholes).  There was a nice variety of characters from all sorts of canons instead of just characters from the popular films (grabbing a popular film character in itself isn't a bad thing, but with Disney fans who do that, all they want to do is just thread with other such players and totally ignore anyone who didn't have a popular character). 

I can't remember why DU went down, but I was so disappointed when it did. I've never come across a Disney site that was ever on that level since.

!!!! 

UM HI ❤️ <-- Is Trilly from DU. It died because I sucked and life got in the way. I rebooted it a lot in the form of a site called Oo-De-Lally, but I don't have time to maintain it and my current site. BUT HOLY CRAP HI. I haven't seen or heard from anyone from there since Marie deleted the last forum.

- - -

On topic though, whoops. I miss this old gangster site my friend Wicked had made waaaay back in 2007-2008. I can't remember the name it had or anything, but it was when I still played on proboards. I just remember my character and a lot of cool plots being formulated before it went under.

tumblr_inline_mi4wioKiIr1roozkr.giftumblr_inline_mi4wi5wYHQ1roozkr.giftumblr_inline_mi4whxLHiF1roozkr.gif

Join ODL's Discord!
xuv911.png  xSxavN.png
NTRL coming eventually.

Whaaaat. XD

Hi there! *waves* Oh man, I defintely know how that is with life being a butt. I've seen a few people from DU around here and there. Out of curiosity, who'd you play there?

And I remember Oo-De-Lally too! I was on there briefly. Wow, I didn't know you were the same person. Small world. :D

Edited by Sketchy Unicorn
  • Love 2

On 3/15/2018 at 10:28 AM, Sketchy Unicorn said:

It's always great to be reacquainted with old friends!  I am one of the lead moderators from Disney Unleashed!  Prince Florian (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) (1937) is/was my staple canon, though I've also played King Arthur Pendragon (The Sword in the Stone) (1963) and Prince Naveen (The Princess and the Frog) (2009) at  @Menkyfish's boards.

@Arceus's Bleach game met my expectations of an immersive site.  We abominated Ichigo Kurosaki, as well as mangaka Tite Kubo's direction with his franchise.  I wrote fifteen-year-old Anselmo Selmi, 10th seat under Capt. Sajin Komamura.  Because of certain governmental bills, we went through several overhauls.  I had to leave because of my offline health.

After all the above, I essayed to cling to the ani-manga community, reworking Selmi as bard Thoven Chorster on a Legend of Zelda locale.  The owner treated me kindly at first, but a tumbleweed of falling-outs happened quickly.  I threw my hands up in the air in the end, switching to fashion model faces and actor Barney Clark for my nine-year-old lycanthrope.

Edited by Jacob
  • Love 1