What Was Your Favorite Forum and Why?

Uaithne

Hogwarts Rpg is my favorite over there like my family.

• 11 months later...

One of my favorite all time sites I ever belonged to was a Horse RPG called Windriver Valley on AvidGamers. Looking back now it's mostly the nostalgia because it was one of my first ever rp sites I joined and stayed on long term. I felt like my posts were great, amazing, and very deep. Looking back a lot of the members were young and starting out in RP and the OOC culture was a little crazy, but I'd be darned if I didn't miss it.

Finite Incantatem. I joined the site and fell inactive not long before it closed. It was a non-canon Harry Potter AU... without Harry. There was no Voldemort, none of the main plots from the books, and somehow, that was the best thing ever for me. It was about the Death Eaters and the Order forming on their own on a larger scale (starting out in France if I remember right), but they allowed for characters anywhere in the world, so it was easy to sort of just avoid any of the main plot, and it was just as easy to become involved in it (not always in major ways, but significantly enough for it to be fun). They even made lore for Durmstrang and Beauxbatons, which was impressively expansive. A lot of stuff happened, both on site and in staff's personal lives, and it closed down entirely forever, to the point where I thought I had lost my characters' applications I worked so hard on. Fortunately, the owner and another member made a new site with a new concept, and when this happened the owner opened the board back up for people to view old posts. I'll never forget the excitement of seeing her message in the old Discord server saying we'd be able to get back on there