• Spotlight RPG
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mousie

Guesty-fish Impressions - Video Review Shop

Hey there friends!

I am extending my video review services to accept requests over here! 

With the help of my trusty headset, I record myself as I click through your site for the first time and comment on what I see, allowing you to see your site through the eyes of a Guesty-fish. Through the video, I give suggestions on things that you may consider doing differently, from CSS/skin adjustments, to documentations, wording, general layout and anything else that strikes me. Where I can, I also demonstrate any CSS changes that I feel would be useful!

What you get:

• A video of around 15 minutes (usually way more, depending on how much I ramble/find to comment on) full of useful (hopefully inspiring!) commentary on your board.
  • Suggestions on how to improve your application processes, make your site more intuitive, more accessible, more friendly.
  • A link to your board in the YouTube posting for anyone curious to check it out themselves.
  • The review posted to my personal tumblr (with link and a short description!) for you to share, reblog, etc as you like.

You can view all the reviews I've currently completed over at my YouTube Channel, or check out my personal tumblr where new reviews will be posted.

Eligibility:

My review service is open to all boards that are:

• Forum-based roleplays
  • Complete
  • Open for registrations

To request:

Post a reply to this topic (or submit via Tumblr) including the following information:

• SIte name and link
  • What you believe your strengths are
  • What you believe your weaknesses are
  • What you would like me to focus on while I browse
  • I read this! 4

I shall gather up my nerves and request a review lol

Site: The Onyx Treaty

Strength: Several completely different angles of play that are open, and lore that is Open-ended enough to allow members to freely and easily contribute their own work rather than having to conform to my "pet project" world. Relaxed culture. 

Weakness: Skin is not Fancy and Flashy (I personally prefer simplicity), and we lack the "core member base" that most sites open with to look super active (there are two of us at the moment, there's only so active you can look with only two members). 

Requested focus: Eh, nothing in particular, I just like to see whatever comes to mind as you click through. Only thing I'd ask you to keep in mind, is that Premium Jcink isn't yet activated (the first thing in the rules is a statement of 3-3-3 rating) only because it's just two of us at the moment and not worth the money without at least 1-2 other people. 

On 1/18/2018 at 1:47 AM, CovertSphinx said:

I shall gather up my nerves and request a review lol

Site: The Onyx Treaty

Strength: Several completely different angles of play that are open, and lore that is Open-ended enough to allow members to freely and easily contribute their own work rather than having to conform to my "pet project" world. Relaxed culture. 

Weakness: Skin is not Fancy and Flashy (I personally prefer simplicity), and we lack the "core member base" that most sites open with to look super active (there are two of us at the moment, there's only so active you can look with only two members). 

Requested focus: Eh, nothing in particular, I just like to see whatever comes to mind as you click through. Only thing I'd ask you to keep in mind, is that Premium Jcink isn't yet activated (the first thing in the rules is a statement of 3-3-3 rating) only because it's just two of us at the moment and not worth the money without at least 1-2 other people. 

Thanks for your request! I enjoyed looking through Onyx Treaty, you've got something really good going! Here's your review:

https://youtu.be/Sf7_tc6mEPA

• Thank you 1

• Sinsomnia
  • Strengths: our community is very welcoming and active and I think we have a well-developed site. 
  • Weaknesses: Our guides may potentially be too wordy, and we've tried to cut back, but it's hard when you think all the information is necessary lol
  • Focus: Whatever you want to really, just in it for a general review I guess. I'd like to see what the impressions are from a guest. 

While awaiting a general impressions review in the general reviews forum, I thought I'd submit for a more specific one here. We only recently moved to a forum after being on Nova and there are tweaks still being done as I find things that don't work quite right. However, the site is open for business.

Site Name and Link: Sagas of the Wild West.

Strengths

• Layout: Not many forums, easy to locate everything using the forums or navbar menu. Allows registered users to choose type of layout: classic, grid, or topic view.
  • Theme: Not a typical western genre theme, allows registered users to choose from six different backgrounds.
  • Friendly: We are very welcoming, love lurkers and browsers. We even happily welcome people into our Discord that simply want to get to know us before committing.
  • No Templates! The admin use templates to give some interest to the admin documents. However, for posting elsewhere - including IC - we have a built in template system so you only need to fill out a few fields and it creates the header info in each topic/scene/thread (we call them scenes) for you.

Weaknesses

• Lore Housed Offsite: Some of our lore is housed in a WordPress wiki while I learn how to make the best use of the site's Pages feature. For now, I am not willing to give up the table of contents that WordPress provides for the longer documents.
  • Activity is Misleading: A large amount of our writing is done as live joint posts instead of post-by-post. This makes our current activity a little misleading. We're actually more active than it indicates.
  • Application Process: This is rather too complicated right now. I am looking for ways to streamline it without giving up our beautiful character pages. Recommendations welcome.

Focus

• Layout and design, general site appeal.
  • Overall functionality.
  • How to improve, specific areas I can try to improve upon.

I am sure there are more. However, I am not good at tooting my own horn (or my site's horn as the case may be). I've also not been back on forum roleplay long enough to get a great read on the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. *grins*

I really appreciate your time although I'm also really terrified to get my first review ;)