What Makes a Good Advertisement?

CovertSphinx

On 1/20/2018 at 3:51 AM, Stat said:

I'm on the side that needs a bit of a blurb. I usually won't click on an add just because it's pretty, I really need a bit of a plot hook to draw me in. Yes, it should be short and catchy, but when an add gives me nothing but a pretty picture and a genre I kind of assume it's just a generic-supernatural or generic-fantasy with admins more concerned with design than story.

Do you care if the blurb is part of the graphic or a separate piece in plain text?

• I read this! 1

WoL___dark01.png

20 hours ago, Uaithne said:

Do you care if the blurb is part of the graphic or a separate piece in plain text?

As long as I have a bit of exciting information to lure me in, it really doesn't matter to me! 

• Thank you 1

I can't join any sites because of time/how much my site takes - BUT I do browse the ads in my ad section probably more than is healthy LOL. For me, looking at ads that interest me, I've found a few things that are eye-catching beyond others:

- short, sweet, and to the point. Please don't regale me with five paragraphs of how awesome your site is on simple ad-drops in other site advertising areas; if I'm interested in your site, I'll find this info for myself!

- an eye-catching, well-made graphic - only one! choose something that represents your site well.

- a brief, attention-grabbing sentence or two. Not many; just something enough to make you go 'huh, this looks interesting'.

All of these things I employ within my own ads, and it's actually worked well! I've had some compliments on my ads before, which is the greatest thing XD