Site events

Samantha

I think a lot of sites, if not majority of them, run events. I also think that a lot of admins are always looking for new ideas on how to run events or what kinds of events other admins find work the best. 

So this is just a question for Admins and members: what are some of the best or most enjoyable events you've run or participated in and how were they run? We're they prompted? Free for all? (For admins) Hiw much preplanning did you do and how much was decided as you went?

• I read this! 1

azqw7jG.png

Similar thread: 

I actually just did a poll regarding something about this for my board! It's still ongoing, so not that many responses BUT!

One here. Second here

Advent calendar is one I've explained in other threads, but its a blast so I'll explain it here, too!

Over the course of a week, I set a site-wide goal for each day. Should they accomplish that goal everyone on board is awarded items from the shop, with them getting progressively more difficult to achieve and more expensive.(Here's ours if you want to look!)

Post Push is pretty simple. Everyone sets individual goals for their characters to reach in terms of posts. Then we set a site wide one. (We usually aim for a couple grand over the course of a month or two.) If it is accomplished, everyone that participated gets two awards, one for each character that made their goal, and the other that indicates the site made it. Sometimes we toss in items for bonus goals.

IC ones are a bit more niche. We do a masquerade that could be done for just about any setting. Currently we're doing a dating agency/love potion one.

• Thank you 1

Oh, I love the idea of the post push @Rune! We did a contest similar that we're planning on doing again called a Post-a-thon where people log all their posts and the top 3 posters get prizes, but I actually like your idea so much better. I wonder, is that something you'd be okay with me doing on my site?

• I read this! 1

azqw7jG.png

4 hours ago, Samantha said:

Oh, I love the idea of the post push @Rune! We did a contest similar that we're planning on doing again called a Post-a-thon where people log all their posts and the top 3 posters get prizes, but I actually like your idea so much better. I wonder, is that something you'd be okay with me doing on my site?

Sure! We generally time it with an ic event to leech out more posts.

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Rune said:

Sure! We generally time it with an ic event to leech out more posts.

Thank youuu!!! 

I'm starting to look for new events we can do on the site that people will enjoy and since the majority of our events are IC some OOC events would probably be a good idea. 

• I read this! 2

azqw7jG.png

I DMed a closed-room murder mystery once as a Group Event. Typical murder-during-dinner-at-bed-and-breakfast type plot. I wouldn't recommend it though, unless you have a particular dedicated core group that loves being a bunch of Nancy Drews or an obsession with Clue. 

• I read this! 2
  • Love 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I really like how TNI runs PEs; we have people sign up, and then they're randomly assigned groups and dice rolls to determine level of injury. I'm a D&D-er at heart.