Kirei

Guess I'll just hop right in!

Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm Kirei (or Kell), and @dusk introduced me to this community. I'm 26 years old, and I do freelance writing, proofreading, and copy-editing for a living—albeit a meager one. I look forward to getting to know all of you and contributing in whatever manner I'm able.

• How long have you been RPing? Well over ten years, surely.
  • What are your favorite RP genres? I love fantasy of all kinds: medieval/high fantasy, modern fantasy, you name it. I also enjoy certain fandoms, such as Anne Bishop's Black Jewels series, Harry Potter, Star Trek, and the occasional Pokemon.
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Forums, almost exclusively.
  • What country are you from? I'm from the southeastern USA.
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? My favorite books are the Discworld series. Terry Pratchett has always been a great source of inspiration to me as a writer.
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? Video games (crafting/sandbox games, visual novels, etc), crocheting and knitting, gardening, and making terrible bunny puns.
  • What's your favorite color? Kelly Green!
  • What's your favorite drink? I love a good gin Rickey.

Hey, it's nice to meet you! I've only read a few of the newer Discworld books (I started with Going Postal), and I'm sloooowly working my way through the series. What are some of the shorter works you'd recommend?

• Have a Cookie! 1

Nice to meet you, too, @Deep Sea!

Are you reading them in publication order, or by some other order? One of my favorite things about the series as a whole is that it's easy to pick up any book and get started, although of course the first two (The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic) are a great introduction to the setting in general. My personal favorites are the books that follow the witches, but I'm a big fan of the Tiffany Aching books in particular, and those are relatively short. In order: The Wee Free Men, A Hat Full of Sky, Wintersmith, I Shall Wear Midnight, and The Shepherd's Crown. As a character, Tiffany was based on Prachett's own daughter. They're marketed as children's books (as is the rest of the series, I suppose), but I find that they're great, quick, and meaningful reads. Pratchett always had that particular way of writing a book that was suitable for children without ever "talking down" to the reader.

Equal Rites is a great standalone novel, and introduces the witches as a whole. Glad you enjoyed Going Postal! That's a great one, for sure.

@Kirei Hope you're enjoying your time with us! BTW - I adore your signature! Did you make that? 

Please let us know if you need anything at all! 

Also, what's your favorite pokemon? #TeamCyndaquil 4 life