Guess I'll just hop right in!

Kirei

Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm Kirei (or Kell), and @dusk introduced me to this community. I'm 26 years old, and I do freelance writing, proofreading, and copy-editing for a living—albeit a meager one. I look forward to getting to know all of you and contributing in whatever manner I'm able.

• How long have you been RPing? Well over ten years, surely.
  • What are your favorite RP genres? I love fantasy of all kinds: medieval/high fantasy, modern fantasy, you name it. I also enjoy certain fandoms, such as Anne Bishop's Black Jewels series, Harry Potter, Star Trek, and the occasional Pokemon.
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Forums, almost exclusively.
  • What country are you from? I'm from the southeastern USA.
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? My favorite books are the Discworld series. Terry Pratchett has always been a great source of inspiration to me as a writer.
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? Video games (crafting/sandbox games, visual novels, etc), crocheting and knitting, gardening, and making terrible bunny puns.
  • What's your favorite color? Kelly Green!
  • What's your favorite drink? I love a good gin Rickey.

kireisig.jpg

Hey, it's nice to meet you! I've only read a few of the newer Discworld books (I started with Going Postal), and I'm sloooowly working my way through the series. What are some of the shorter works you'd recommend?

Glub glub.

Nice to meet you, too, @Deep Sea!

Are you reading them in publication order, or by some other order? One of my favorite things about the series as a whole is that it's easy to pick up any book and get started, although of course the first two (The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic) are a great introduction to the setting in general. My personal favorites are the books that follow the witches, but I'm a big fan of the Tiffany Aching books in particular, and those are relatively short. In order: The Wee Free Men, A Hat Full of Sky, Wintersmith, I Shall Wear Midnight, and The Shepherd's Crown. As a character, Tiffany was based on Prachett's own daughter. They're marketed as children's books (as is the rest of the series, I suppose), but I find that they're great, quick, and meaningful reads. Pratchett always had that particular way of writing a book that was suitable for children without ever "talking down" to the reader.

Equal Rites is a great standalone novel, and introduces the witches as a whole. Glad you enjoyed Going Postal! That's a great one, for sure.

kireisig.jpg

• Admin

Hello @Kirei! Welcome to the Initiative. I'm pretty sure there were discworld movies and if I am correct I liked the Hogfather one. That one made me happy.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Welcome, little bunny! I love your graphics.

@Kirei I just pick them up in whatever order I find them, honestly!

Glub glub.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late here, but welcome, @Kirei.  I hope you're enjoying yourself on the site.

WoL___dark01.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Kirei Hope you're enjoying your time with us! BTW - I adore your signature! Did you make that? 

Please let us know if you need anything at all! 

Also, what's your favorite pokemon? #TeamCyndaquil 4 life

Ad.png