Creating links that don't break

Icewolf

I recently moved my domain to the host I use for my personal website projects. I don't think I'll be moving my icyboards over to there because I like the support too much when things go wrong and I don't think I'd be able to handle any problems that arise if I actually moved the board, but this means that my links on the forum have broken and I know that there is a way of doing links in the html template that means that the links work, no matter what the url is, but I'm not that familiar with the tags so I need some help finding out what they are. (and, can these tags also be used in bbcode?)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

What you are talking about, I think, are relative URLs which really doesn't work if they aren't actually relative.

By that I mean you'd put in:

/images/pic.png

What that will do is search the root folder into images for pic.png. Unfortunately that only works if the image exists in the same domain. For example: rpginit.com and rpginit.com/forums

This doesn't sound like what is happening here.

@Icewolf

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

No it's not that. There are tags that you can use to link to individual threads or boards and they are in these brackets {$[]} (I think - I don't know the right terminology for them. I have used something like that when I modified the post bit and the post bit ones look something like this <a href="{$post['fid6']}">.

• Admin

Ahh, those. I don't know about that within MyBB, perhaps @Josie or @Kit the Human does?

@Icewolf

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Curly bracket things are variables!

Are you looking for {$mybb->settings['bburl']} ?

That should spit out whatever URL you've put into Board Settings » Site Details >> Board URL

It doesn't work for me in posts, I thought maybe a custom mycode could give you a work around, but no luck.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png