To not embarassing myself on the first day. :D

Sanna

Hey everybody,

I'm Sanna or just San whatever you prefer. I'm a environmental science major at a german university so I'm not working yet but I'm very passionate about what I do. I'm and really glad I found this community and I can't wait to be a part of it. I've never been on a site like this before so I'm excited to figure out how it works. :) 

• How long have you been RPing? I'd say for about 8/9 years now.
  • What are your favorite RP genres? I've never really done anything outside of anime specifically Naruto but that's mostly due to the fact that I only ever had a few people I could roleplay with. I've never been part of a community like this one and I'm dying to try new things and see what I like. Since I really love high/medieval fantasy  I'd probably enjoy it for an RPG as well.
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? I've only ever done private Forum. I like being able to read through everything again at a later point and just in general having it preserved. 
  • What country are you from? I'm from Germany so English is not my first language and I actually never RPed in English before but I'm looking forward to trying it out. Please go easy on me when I make mistakes but do feel free to point them out to me. I always wanna improve. :)
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? I'm absolutely in love .. sorry I meant so say OBSESSED with George R. R. Martins "A Song of Ice and Fire". So if you ever wanna discuss it I'm always up for it. 
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? I enjoy reading and writing and I very much love to sing (alone or in a choir. Both is fine). I have a lot of fun teaching my dog new tricks or just generally having her around. I also like horse riding and when the weather is right you might find jumping around on a sailing boat.    

"Those do have the most dangerous way of looking at the world who have never seen it themselves." - Alexander von Humboldt

Herzlich Wilkommen meine Liebe! <3

Unfortunately I don't speak German, I wished I could learn it. I vaguely remember from Kindergarten/ preschool (for me it's the same thing) some songs and words, but nothing more. (OK, a grown up song too that I love - "Ich weiss nicht was soll es bedeuten/ das ich so traurig bin/ ein marchen von alten zeiten/ das kommt...." :) Yes, I know you know it, and sorry that I don't remember anymore which words should have a capital letter there.) In school I studied English and Spanish and I forgot the little German learnt in Kindergarten. 

I am greeting you from Bucharest, Romania. About German music, I like Hannes Wader's songs.

And if you love sailing and historical fiction... then maybe you;'ll give a try to my Age of Sail/ Colonial RPG, Caribbean Dawn. It is friendly to those not having English as mother tongue, since I am from Romania and my co-administrator is from Denmark. Another long term member is from Finland, a new one from Norway... We have developped in time our fluency in English and we have broadened our vocabulary. Nobody was born learned.

Edited by Elena
  • I read this! 1

Hey Elena!

Thank you so much for the warm Welcome. It's perfectly fine, that you don't speak German and since I don't speak any Romanian either I guess we're even. If you ever want me to translate something for you though don't hesitate to ask. I actually do know the song. it's called "Die Loreley." by Heinrich Heine. My mother used to sing it sometimes. I can understand why you like it. 

Hannes Wader, huh? That's some nice old school German music. I don't know a whole lot of his songs mostly the famous ones but those are really good.

The combination of sailing and historical fiction sounds pretty interesting even though I personally prefer tiny little sport boats that shoot across the water like little arrows. Alright, I admit I'm exaggerating. It does sound pretty cool though and having other people who don't have English as a first language might help to make me a little less nervous. I'll definitely check it out.

• I read this! 1

"Those do have the most dangerous way of looking at the world who have never seen it themselves." - Alexander von Humboldt

• Admin

Hello @Sanna welcome to the Initiative! We're glad to have you. Game of Thrones is an amazing show but I've never read the books personally.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Hi @Rune, not to worry I'm actually a German tutor on the side so lay it on me. ;D.. Though admittedly not as a foreign language but for Germans.. Ah well,details. :P 

Well @Morrigan, I think you're missing out and I highly recommend the books! I suppose they're not for everyone though. You have to be really into being buried in information and names and you have to pay really close attention to details. I missed a lot on my first read. The show is pretty amazing as well, even though it is very different in many ways.   

• I read this! 1

• Admin

I don't really read books anymore TBH.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Sanna, welcome!  I love the German language.  Which reminds me, I think I was supposed to be working on my Rosetta Stone. . . .

WoL___dark01.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Sanna

Hi! I hope you're enjoying your time with us! You write very well for someone who doesn't speak English as a first language and I just wanted to say kudos to you! There is no way that I could ever take that leap and RP in Spanish because I am not as familiar with the language as I probably should be, haha! I have a friend that lives in Germany and she absolutely loves it there! I've always wanted to go visit, so you'll have to give me a list of all the things I should do while I'm there. :)

I've been told I need to read A Song of Ice and Fire. Maybe when I get to it, I'll hit you up to discuss. 

Anyway, if you need anything, feel free to let myself or any of the other staff know. I'm sure I'll see you around! 

Ad.png

Thank you so much for the warm welcome you all! Everyone here is very nice and I'm glad I found you! <3  

@eleholly : Hi! I haven't had as much time to check out this site as I would've liked with exams going on. I'm also still a little intimidated by everything but I'm going to explore some more, soon. 

Thanks for the flowers! (That's a german phrase for when someone pays you a compliment ;D) I've spent an exchange year in the States when I was 15 (lived in an American family and went to high school) and my german school was partly bilingual so that's why my english is alright. If you want to improve your spanish I suggest spending some time in a spanish speaking country. ;) I enjoy living in germany, too. We have a bunch of cool stuff like affordable health insurance and free universities for everyone! :P If you ever actually come to germany let me know. You can sleep on my couch and I'll show you all the cool stuff you can do around here.  

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1