Your Sites

Rune

I got:

Cry Wolf (yay four+ years together and you love me still)

I write there so that totally counts as hailing from. 

Edited by jenneral_jennson
I forgot this was modern fantasy, I'm a doofus

Oh yeah, I remember having seen Cry Wolf! Looks quite strong!

I wandered from a few Supernatural themed boards back in the days, but now I co-admin my baby (signature below :o ) Devil's Tattoo, which is the first time I get half of full control on the lore of a game.

Aside from a failed experience when I was much younger, where possibly all mistakes for a first time admin were made :P

Modern day, dark spirits, and werecreatures, that's how it fits the genre now!

oUIk3c.gif
Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more... 
Plenty of canons available, and OC are more than welcomed as well

Four years? That's amazing! I've adminned for a few sites before but my current one is the longest I've been able to keep going *fingers crossed* Profane is an LGBT*-friendly supernatural RP set in a fictional city in the Caribbean. We're going on seven months. Still compared to your four years but I have high hopes (:

sig1.gif
snb_button.png

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from a failed experiment back in the day (oh geeze its been...7/8 years now since Bittersweet Moon closed after a year and a half of never getting off the ground), Onyx Treaty is my first real dip into Modern Supernatural/Fantasy. It hasn't gotten off the ground yet (just me and another member atm), but I believe it has solid potential: the lore is very open with the ability to play everything from a Wiccan, Normie Human, Vampire and Werewolf, to Fae, Deities, Demons, and Angels. The setting is your standard urban Secret Society of Nonhumans that everyone is tired of BUT its specifically important to the plot of the site; which is to play out the "transition" period of nonhumans coming back into Open Society and either live with humans (and each other) or enter a multisided war that could potentially equate to Ragnorok or the Rapture (based on the PC characters of course lol). 

I think once I manage to grab a "core" base and place my checkbook where my rules are (Jcink Premium) it'll grow into a full community. Well, IF I can find people that are interested enough in the story to help build from the ground up that is; I keep finding the "I want a site that's already active" crowd instead. But I'm determined to keep looking and waiting and trying and hoping :)

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I come from my brain child, Tempest Harbor. We are also going on four years! Rune, I feel like we've been tagging each other's boards for forever. We should've gotten to chat sooner! LOL

Ad.png

So I've got one modern fantasy: We Are Bulletproof and one diet fantasy: World of Hearts (I call it that because it's not exactly high fantasy but it's original fantasy and we have dragons and stuff--I just really am not into the historical style fantasy thing so it's definitely not medieval.) 

My longest running site went for almost seven years before it went under. My current sites are both babies under a year old. Haha!

Reality is an illusion. 

I've been on a few modern supernatural sites that sort of fizzle and died because I found things became too cliquish and while trying to integrate with new members are fun, it's hard to stay motivated when almost no one is giving you a line in y'know.

Currently I'm running The Devil's Playground, which is a Vampire The Masquerade game set in London during the modern nights. Not all of us running it are super canon orientated so we're kind of a low key mix of VTM lore and our own take on vampires and that world. We've been open for over a month now and we're slowly gaining new faces.

Makes me happy in the long run to be able to do what I want, with my baby.

Places you can find me at.

A Play by Post V5 VTM RP

sister-site.png.68d0a6b60fc4e963bee0749be8f8c22f.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm I have admin a few sites from HP based to now just original supernaturals & RL Biker site. My latest one is down in my signature, this one emerged form the old one that we had to close after 4yrs do to adults acting like children with tantrums and all. 

Edited by Crimson

Places I Rp where you can find me

Crossroads To Hell

spacer.png

Dark Envy

spacer.png

• 5 weeks later...

I'm an admin on Shattered Universe, which is fairly new but we crossed over from a science fiction roleplay site, so we took our stories and misc stuff with us. We have a fun mix of magic and high technology depending on the particular storyline and who is GMing. 😃 We have a straight sword and sorcery; but then we have a battle going on where there are machine guns, laser swords and magic shields stopping bullets and such and then we have pure science fiction with high technology and FTL space travel. 😃 We have a fun mix of genres going on. I wouldn't mind a supernatural creature storyline or two as I cut my teeth on internet roleplay with Vampire the Masquerade and Werewolf the Apocalypse. 

"Being a knight is being a soldier that leads others. You are a soldier. All the noble ideals in the world can't be preserved without someone dying. There are people that need to be protected from those evil motherfuckers running around. You can't walk from this fight. Not after you went for him directly. He will pursue and tear everything down, you made this personal." Lukina twirled the claymore in her hand in the way Creature had showed her, mimicking his stances. "You don't get to drink tea or save kittens. You kill people to keep other people safe." ~ From Ch 1. Episode 10: Recovery and Restoration- of Knights of Kowloon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Operations Mod

I'm currently running Dead Before Daylight which is going onto year three at the moment, though its changed quite a bit since its conception. 

I've been slowly evolving  with most supernatural creatures existing openly among humans, while other species are still forced to live in hiding as they aren't accepted by society and are still openly killed. 

Edited by Dragon

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

I'm an admin on Our End, which is a panfandom site whose premise is that all of the characters being played regardless of origin have been imported into existing lives, in a modern-day London where supernatural creatures exist alongside the human community (who are slowly finding out about the existence of creatures and rightfully flipping their lids). So, you know, you have all the fun of everyone meshing, plus characters suddenly realizing they're a werewolf/vampire/witch/shape-shifter and freaking out about that.

We've been open for a year now, and I'm immensely proud of that fact.

• 4 weeks later...

/me clicks all the links to take a peek.

/me almost forgets to come and post here, too.

Oh hai. I'm founder and admin of a not-quite-modern Victorian fantasy site called Thorns: Uprising. It's a revival of a 10 year-old original PBP. I was staff a decade ago and another staff member and I have kept our hearths warm for this place for all this time. Finally, after site hopping and never finding the right fit, we put our heads together, edited content, and brought the site back to life. It's only been 3 months, but we're having a good time writing old characters (my, how much our writing has improved in ten years!) and re-forming the world to make it that much better.

I'm always encouraged to see sites that have been written on for so long. I have high hopes that this time, since I'm an admin and NOT about to abandon the place and disappear from the internet, Thorns can stick around for years to come.

Thorns: Uprising
A Unique Victorian Fantasy Play-by-Post RPG

LORE | FORUM | CHARACTER CENSUS | WANTED ADS | DISCORD

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, can I just say wow, so many of these sites are so interesting and look gorgeous to boot. Yes, yes I have been clicking links and snooping. You're all such clever clogs you. Lovely stuff.

Personally, I hail from the Irenic Institute. We've been around since February 2016 but cheated a bit and shifted our focus to PBeM for about 9 months of that. We wandered back to the forum a couple of months ago and are planning on staying there. We're not a huge site but have a good core of writers and have recently opened our doors to new members again. It'll be interesting to see what sort of folks we attract. The majority of our current members are 30+ or thereabouts. They've all played in numerous other games/genres/styles and have settled on what they like. I think that shows through in the genuinely relaxed and supportive atmosphere in the community. Everyone's outgrown the drama and just want o get on with enjoying the what they're doing. Haha! Which makes us all sound like a budge of fuddy-duddies but that's really not the case.

Anyway, I plan on continuing my delving into everyone else's sites. Thank you to everyone that has shared so far!

----------------------------------------------------------

The Irenic Institute

I never did get to this. Hi there. Admin on Resolution. It's been my first go at admin'ing for myself after so many people telling me just do one for myself if I wanted something. It's small and it's good. I've been staff on other boards and sometimes bounce between sometimes chat (taking a break from that) and forums. I prefer forums with my work schedule though. Though I'm learning a lot reading and interacting when I can with everyone.

spacer.pngDecadence