Excited to meet you all!

Blahblahbertha

I've been rping for, like, eight years or so, though I've been writing much longer than that.  Over time, my most popular genre has been medieval intrigue, with or without fantasy.  However, I've played almost every genre except urban fantasy, both 1x1s and forums.  This month, I just opened a site, Boston Triage.  It's a police/fire/med site, and I just had to do it, because there's not really any other original such sites out there right now.

My favorite book/series is stuck between the Lord of the Rings and Jane Eyre.  I really, really like stories about the resilience of the human spirit, and people who choose what is right over their immediate desires.  Also loyalty.  Although I used to read about a novel a week, now I watch a lot more tv.  I love a ton of shows, but am currently rewatching the Night Shift, Grey's Anatomy (love-hate relationship here), and for the first time, watching Merlin.

I also draw and paint for fun, mostly digital painting and pencil sketches.  

• I read this! 2

That's a really tough question, actually!  I tried answering and I keep going back and forth.  We'll go ahead and say The Two Towers, because it has the story of Beren and Luthien, but The Hobbit and The Fellowship also have some of my favorite moments, like Tom Bombadil.  (Also, the scene where the Fellowship is formed was better in the book.  I think the fight read better film-wise, but nobody wanting to take it was more true to the situation.)

• Love 1

Just now, Rune said:

Welcome to the fun! Don't forget to fill out your profile and link your site to it, it puts a handy dandy link on your sidebar!

I did not realize you could do that.  Thanks!

Welcome, Bertha!  The MIddle Ages are my favorite time period, too.  I am an artist, but have turned towards singing.  You'll enjoy your time here!

• I read this! 2

Welcome, Bertha! I have seen you around on RPG-D before.

• I read this! 1

• Admin

Hello and welcome to the Initiative @Blahblahbertha we're glad to have you.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Welcome, @Blahblahbertha.  While a police/fire/med site isn't something that interests me, that's really cool that you built it since no one else has.  The RL genre needs more creativity.

• I read this! 2

WoL___dark01.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Blahblahbertha

Hello and welcome to the site! 

I am obsessed with Grey's Anatomy. Who is your favorite ship? I miss Slexie more and more every day. They were my first OTP and I still ship them. I haven't watched since the death of 'you know who'. Yes, I was one of the people that banned watching the show, although if I did watch an episode or five (which I didn't), I would ship Amelia with Owen because....reasons. 

Owen just needs to be happy okay.

Anyway, if you ever want to chat, let me know! I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the site, and as always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach to any of the staff. <3 

Ad.png