Raise a little hell!

Ace of Spades

• How long have you been RPing? I honestly can't entirely remember for how long I've RP'd. Started out from tabletop RPG's and did some good ol' chatroom (IRC) things before finding out RP forums exist. Forums have been a thing for... 13 years, give or take?
  • What are your favorite RP genres? I like historical RP's and dystopian worlds, but mostly focused on modern fantasy stuff these days. I started out on Supernatural (the series) boards (there was also a Buffy board and one Walking Dead -thing in between there somewhere), but moved on to those that have nothing to do with that particular fandom apart from being.... well, supernatural! Found out that I enjoy small town RP's more than ones taking place in sandbox environments or really large cities. Crime mysteries, close and often complicated relationships (family, friends, sworn enemies, anything, really!), clan politics, dark horror and creepy stuff are my things.
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? I have done some chat RP but while it is fast and easy, I prefer being able to write my character's thoughts and emotions, or describing things more closely. That means I'm sticking to the forum RP's.
  • What country are you from? Finland, the land of metal and drunken, awkward people (less awkward when drunken, though). Also, we have some awesome rally car drivers!
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? Difficult to choose, but for books I would go with Good Omens, The Call of the Wild and Jurassic Park. Favorite movies are too numerous to mention, but I like Tarantino movies and also, Aliens, Jurassic Park, horror things. Music-wise I go for a lot of rock and metal music such as Motörhead, Turbonegro, Metallica, Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails and.... a lot of things.
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? I read a whole lot of books. In fact, I own a whole lot of books and will never in my life have time to read them all, but still I keep hoarding them. I also like watching movies, going hiking in the wilderness and most of all, motorcycling! The pain of motorcycling in a country with a proper winter is that there's a whole lot of time you can't really go riding and it causes PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome).
  • What's your favorite color? Black, definitely. And black and red together. Also, earthen green tones.
  • What's your favorite drink? Mmmmm... Beeer....

Hello all, been lurking around for a while, but decided to finally create an account of my own. All the people here seem very welcoming and I can't wait to get into all the discussions happening here!

As a roleplayer, I generally play older characters with FC's that are not often too popular. A good balance of criminals, cops and just general derps, though I tend to go for a lot characters who come out appearing like bastards, but have a lot of other sides to them, as well. I enjoy delving deep into character relationship and having things building up over a long period of time. Complicated relationships, misunderstandings, characters just doing the wrong thing at times makes RP the most entertaining for me. Still, a good balance between tragedy and some good times for a character are still needed, so it doesn't get too tiring or boring to play.

So hello to all the folks here and I'll see you on the boards!

• Fuck Yeah! 1

oUIk3c.gif

Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more...

4 minutes ago, Ace of Spades said:

As a roleplayer, I generally play older characters with FC's that are not often too popular. A good balance of criminals, cops and just general derps, though I tend to go for a lot characters who come out appearing like bastards, but have a lot of other sides to them, as well. I enjoy delving deep into character relationship and having things building up over a long period of time. Complicated relationships, misunderstandings, characters just doing the wrong thing at times makes RP the most entertaining for me. Still, a good balance between tragedy and some good times for a character are still needed, so it doesn't get too tiring or boring to play.

Hi Ace of Spades!  I'm new here myself, so you probably are more familiar with the community than I am with your lurking experience.  It's seems like a pretty happening place!

This whole philosophy is really cool to me.  I play characters from about 22-60 years old these days, with the average being 30s-40s, and slow burns and complex relationships are so tantalizing to me.  Although I can't write characters that come off as jerks but are actually complex, I really enjoy reading/watching them.  But I also love writing that makes the good times as fulfilling as the intense times, and strikes a balance between them.  So cool philosophies of rping!

• I read this! 1

5 minutes ago, Blahblahbertha said:

This whole philosophy is really cool to me.  I play characters from about 22-60 years old these days, with the average being 30s-40s, and slow burns and complex relationships are so tantalizing to me.  Although I can't write characters that come off as jerks but are actually complex, I really enjoy reading/watching them.  But I also love writing that makes the good times as fulfilling as the intense times, and strikes a balance between them.  So cool philosophies of rping!

Oh yeah, we seem to share some RP principles! I have played younger characters, but for some reason I never could quite get into their headspace. Currently I think my average character age is from 39 years to around 60 years of age.

Slow burn things are the best for when you can find a player who has patience to stick around and a similar interest for watching things develop slowly!

• I read this! 1

oUIk3c.gif

Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more...

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Ace of Spades we're glad to have you! Who are some of your lesser knowns that you like to use?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

8 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Welcome to the Initiative @Ace of Spades we're glad to have you! Who are some of your lesser knowns that you like to use?

Maybe not necessarily lesser known, but certainly lesser used; right now I'm using FC's such as Kim Coates, Steven Ogg, Woody Harrelson, Jim Beaver and Jack Black, which just seem to suit my characters so very perfectly.

• I read this! 1

oUIk3c.gif

7 minutes ago, Rune said:

I love Kim Coates as a face. I'm using Tommy Flanagan as a werewolf right now! 

Oh yeah, another SoA fan? Some of those faces from the series are so awesome for many uses, a lot of charisma happening with them!

oUIk3c.gif

1 hour ago, Ace of Spades said:

Oh yeah, another SoA fan? Some of those faces from the series are so awesome for many uses, a lot of charisma happening with them!

I've only seen a few episodes. The boyfriend watched it religiously for a while and went too fast for me to catch up on. xD 

It has such a great cast, though! (I also have Ron Perlman. xD)

Who is this, who are you! D: 

:P Hey! Welcome to RPG-I as well! You can share all your secrets, I promise not to look! xD

oUIk3c.gif
Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more... 
Plenty of canons available, and OC are more than welcomed as well

Welcome to the site, Ace!

Glad to see another historical fan around.  I love the idea behind Devil's tattoo, too! :)

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Welcome to my fellow European and historical fan! You are the third Finnish I know in the field of RPGs.

Have from me, as special welcoming dedication, my favourite Finnish song: 1 (one of them, because I cannot find anymore the other band on youtube, most likely because I am spelling it wrongly). 

I use mostly less popular PBs too, usually non-Hollywood or from previous generations.

19 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

Hey there. Welcome to The Initiative.

Hello, and thank you much!

15 hours ago, D-S said:

Who is this, who are you! D: 

:P Hey! Welcome to RPG-I as well! You can share all your secrets, I promise not to look! xD

I would only ever say the most awesome things about you. ;P

11 hours ago, Gothic said:

Welcome to the site, Ace!

Glad to see another historical fan around.  I love the idea behind Devil's tattoo, too! :)

Thank you so much, Gothic! Historical stuff does require a whole lot of research, but that is really part of the fun of it. And thank you for your kind words on DT!

10 hours ago, Elena said:

Welcome to my fellow European and historical fan! You are the third Finnish I know in the field of RPGs.

Have from me, as special welcoming dedication, my favourite Finnish song: 1 (one of them, because I cannot find anymore the other band on youtube, most likely because I am spelling it wrongly). 

I use mostly less popular PBs too, usually non-Hollywood or from previous generations.

So far I have met only one other person that is Finnish, maybe our folks like hiding?  And that is a very beautiful old song from the movie about a famous pirate, it is so awesome that you would pick that one up! Didn't think anyone outside Finland would know it. A lot of Finnish people even wouldn't. There is a whole lot of charm to those old movies and songs that you just can't recreate.

3 hours ago, JByrd said:

HEYYYY  I know you.  :D  Welcome.  I'm a little late to the welcome committee

Hey, I know you, too! Can vouch for a such a nice player and a person in general! Thank you for the welcome. :lol:

• I read this! 1

oUIk3c.gif

My longest Finnish writing partner taught me to love it :) He is a student in history, from Karelia.

I like also a Russian singer who sings in Finnish (he lives in Finland I understood), in Swedish and Russian equally (he gave me two songs, then I found his Russian songs and I listened one week - Viktor Klimenko I think). The band which has lots of historical-inspired ballads and which I can't spell has its name something like Ajopuut or Ajopuuti, but definitely not exactly like this because I couldn't find the songs anymore. I had been listening to them 1-2 years ago... I guess I'll ask Jouko again, with the risk to die of laughter (he... of my memory...)

But well, he was also laughing at me because I like 2 Finnish writers but none of the names I succeeded to write correctly, so... one more mistake, does it count? Yes, I am talking about Mika Waltari (and I checked with Wikipedia now to be sure I don't invent any more letters) and Johannes Linnankoski. I loved this latest's "Song for the fire-red flower", I read it in my highschool or Uni years and I have copied a lot of quotes and songs from it.

Edited by Elena
  • I read this! 1