Creature Concepts You'd Like To See More Of...

MissQ

I hope it's okay to start a new topic. This got me thinking today and I had to wonder what are some creature concepts that you'd like to see more of, but are never really shown among the RP world or media in general? For me, I kind of want to see more dragons that aren't associated with that Pern or dragon rider series.  Want to see more along the lines of the Night World version of dragons, where they can shape-shift and you count the horns to tell how old or powerful it is. 

• I read this! 1

poke_clash2.png

vPhN5b.png                      

A supernatural fantasy about spirit animals set in Somerset, Pennsylvania

• Operations Mod

I'd like to see more stuff like in the Bright verse where fantastical creatures and modern technology coexist fluidly. Never have understood the insistence that they remain exclusive mediums. Give me centaurs working at NASA and dragons in aerial combat with fighter jets. 

In a similar vein,  wouldn't mind the Pern sites so much if more of them stuck to the origin story back when the settlers first came to the planet. Back when the "dragons" were first genetically engineered and they still had a lot of high tech equipment. Most sites take place long after the civilization has devolved.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Oh! I recently watched that on Netflix. I agree, give me some mythological creatures not in hiding and living normal lives like the rest of us. Though, with this new crowd, I feel like it wouldn't pick up because people would want faces instead of artwork. Still, it would be an interesting thing to see as long as people wanted to play more than just the pretty fae. 

Have to admit, I didn't even know what Pern wasn't until recently. All I knew was that it had dragons. I'll have to look into it more now that you've brought up the origin story. 

poke_clash2.png

vPhN5b.png                      

A supernatural fantasy about spirit animals set in Somerset, Pennsylvania

On 1/31/2018 at 7:22 PM, Dragon said:

In a similar vein,  wouldn't mind the Pern sites so much if more of them stuck to the origin story back when the settlers first came to the planet. Back when the "dragons" were first genetically engineered and they still had a lot of high tech equipment. Most sites take place long after the civilization has devolved.

I believe there is at least 1 of these floating around out there. Most sites take place during that time because that's when most of the books are. At least in the later Passes tech was coming back kind of?

I, too, would very much like to see the Nonhumans and humans interacting like it's the norm. Even just in books it'd be fabulous.

• I read this! 1

When I was a kid, I read the Dragonlance series OBSESSIVELY. I devoured those books. The dragons there to this day are still my favorite. My oldest RP character is actually named for one of the Blue Dragons (and one of my favorite characters even though he doesn't have a huge part), but nobody but you guys know that lol. 

I'd like to see more Fae. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• Operations Mod
3 hours ago, CovertSphinx said:

My oldest RP character is actually named for one of the Blue Dragons (and one of my favorite characters even though he doesn't have a huge part),

I adore those books! Was it Razor? 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

@Dragon and @CovertSphinx Dragonlance <3 <3 <3 Do you guys know how hyped that series got me? I have been attempting to write high fantasy because I started to read them again. UGH SO GOOD. 

Personally, I want to see more fae types. I also don't really see a lot of angel/demon type sites out there. 

• Agree 2

Ad.png

Fae are a really interesting species! We actually have the option to play Seelie or Unseelie Fae in my site. The problem with them is that there are just so many? Like, it gets complicated unless you try to simplify the lore which, I dunno some people would feel like it doesn't do them justice but there's really just a lot of different kinds of them so if you wanna introduce them to a site, I feel like it's better to make the lore into something more cohesive.

I also actually love the ideas of ghosts. I don't know how they'd play into a site's story since they're essentially just spirits of dead people. But, I don't know, I just think they'd be an interesting species to explore.

sig1.gif
snb_button.png

^ We've got a handful of ghosts on WAB! 

Honestly, sometimes I want to play nonhuman characters so I recently made a gnoll on WoH! I've always rather liked gnolls (they're supposed to be ugly but I think they're cute, they kinda look like hyenas on two legs) and they're always fodder in D&D campaigns. I wanted one as a "main character" so decided to make one. 

Reality is an illusion. 

11 hours ago, eleholly said:

Personally, I want to see more fae types. I also don't really see a lot of angel/demon type sites out there. 

1 hour ago, the actual duck said:

Fae are a really interesting species! We actually have the option to play Seelie or Unseelie Fae in my site. The problem with them is that there are just so many?......

I also actually love the ideas of ghosts. I don't know how they'd play into a site's story since they're essentially just spirits of dead people. But, I don't know, I just think they'd be an interesting species to explore.

We have angels/demons on mine; so far my demon Lord is meshing quite well with the vampires and Helsing descendant currently being played. Nobody's really taken up on angels yet though, but I'll let you guys know if anything comes of it lol. 

The way I'm managing "Fae" is letting my members create the lore as they see fit/apply. I have a couple of general tidbits in the Lore, but I left the direction up to whoever decides to make characters for that avenue. 

As for Ghosts, I wrote in an entire Afterlife angle specifically to give a chance to explore death. I have a magical cat that brings ghosts into view on the mortal plane like a walking seance she's quite fun to play so far, but very VERY VERY like....Theme/plot/niche specific so I'm finding it hard to come up with things for her to do. 

The site I'm working on is centered on angels and demons. I played on another site that had them quite some time ago as well but I don't see nearly enough sites with angels/demons around usually.

Fae are also interesting, though there are so, so many different things with them and it sometimes drives me a bit crazy.

• I read this! 1

Guest TheHales

This might sound totally crazy, but I'd love to see something written about leprechauns. When did leprechauns stop getting love? No one bring up those horrible movies from the 80s-90s because that is not the kind of leprechaun that I want to see. I guess leprechauns could go with the whole fairy/fae bit or trolls or something, but I feel like there's a lot of untapped potential within the world of leprechauns with the whole good luck and bad luck, and they're seriously more than just tiny dudes guarding their pots of gold.

I also don't see too many witches/gypsies/psychics. Like, regular human, no special half-breed, just magically inclined and doing things the way a modern regular psychic, medium, wiccan, etc would do