partner needs more than I can give?

Anonymous

Good lord. This sounds awful for you, Anon. There could be things in her RL that have influenced her to behave this way, but it is not an excuse to treat you badly or try to control what you do. It is unhealthy and needs to stop. She isn't respecting your boundaries, and needs to start doing it. I think maybe having a thread quota with her that is enforced. The number is up to you. For example, ten posts at a time and you will post when you are able. I don't know what kind of posting rate you have but you post when ready. You have other rp friends and partners, she needs to accept this face. 

I hope you don't have to cut her loose although in the end you might have to for your own well being. 

• I read this! 2

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

I've been there...the possessive jealous RPer who wanted all the plots with one person because where else was I going to get any validation? Where else was I going to feel a part of a community? I mean life story sob story, excuse excuse excuse, Bla blah blah. 

It didn't and doesn't matter. I was treating that person like shit, I was being a shit friend and a shit RP partner. She broke contact with me. 

I dealt with my own bullshit and grew as a person. 

This person is treating you like shit. There may very well be a sob story explanation, but that doesn't excuse anything. Kick them to the curb because you deserve much much better. 

• I read this! 7
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

Guest BETA BLUE

Sweetie, this is classic abuse.  Insane jealousy. She's manipulated you. It's her rules, not a healthy amount balance of rules you can both work with. Look at what you are writing. She doesn't allow you to have other rp partners. If you try to plot with someone else she gets upset. Next, she's going to tell you no one wants you but her. This is toxic and we know no one wants to hear that this is abuse and fact you are denying what everyone sees solidifies it. The best thing you can do is cut ties. It is affecting you on an emotional level. Trying to control her with having wait for relies on is not going to change the situation. You need to grab your stuff and walk out the door. You're her toy. That's how she sees you. You are much more than that.

This is not normal or healthy behavior. This person is toxic and abusive. She is behaving in ways that are abusive relationship 101. If this was someone you were in a romantic relationship with people would be telling you to get out now and sharing hotline numbers with you.

So I am going to tell you the things that you need to hear.

This person is abusing you. This person is not your friend. This person is dangerous to your mental well being. This person is not worth the stress she's causing. This person is toxic. This person needs to go. Period.

You deserve better.

• I read this! 3
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

Ad-bar-long.gif.722dc28f494a5bc598f47e3c8466b27b.gif

THE HAUNTED - A Horror Survival Jam Jar currently in Development
Interested in helping? My inbox is open!

I relate to this because I'm the type of player who likes to branch out and play with others (I guess I could say I have an insatiable rp appetite) and I've had writing partners who only want me to write with them, and don't understand why I want to branch out, or why I am willing to post for someone else before them.

I think you have to remind them that it's not a reflection on them or their ability, it's just a good way to expand writing abilities if you branch out and experience different writing styles. It can only make them better. 

• I read this! 2

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. I can see why so many people responded to this. It's difficult and, I hate to say it, common. This shit right here is so freakin' real. Here's the tough thing: I can relate to your partner on a small level. The jealousy, the wanting to grab up all the characters. . . been there, done that. Learned to back the fuck off and respect boundaries, though, once I realised why I was feeling so guilty. I was being a shithead, and trust me, your buddy is being one, too. She won't ever admit it, though, with the extent of her behaviour being more in the creepy range of toxicity and less self-awareness.

Then, there's the other side of the coin. I was a huge push-over. Having only recently recognised that my family was manipulating me for so long, I picked up little red flags that showed me online relationships have the same thing. Gaslighting? Check. Emotional abuse? Check. Crossing boundaries and mocking you for feeling upset about it? Put a big giant check on that. I have also dealt with all of those things, from people I was attached to and people I wasn't.

From people I wasn't real keen on anyway, it was so easy to drop them and move on without feeling remorse.

From people I was attached to? Lord. Sometimes I was too blind to see the red flags. When you put on rose-coloured glasses, that red doesn't seem so red after all. Most of the time, when I did see red flags, I doubted myself and then became easy to manipulate.

You sought feedback and feedback is overwhelmingly telling you that you're being manipulated. That's a rough thing to hear because you don't want to be. That sucks. I know I was embarrassed to find out how easy I could be pushed into things I wasn't comfortable with, then some of that anger put a little steel in my spine. There are some people in the world who do like being in a relationship like that, but it doesn't sound like you do. Your joy for RPing is vanishing. That says a hell of a lot right there. So, I hope the best for you, Anon.

• I read this! 5
  • Love 1

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

On 1/28/2018 at 2:06 AM, Anonymous said:

If I try to make plots with people outside of her, she gets jealous and makes underhanded remarks when I choose to post on their plotter instead of make one of my many replies to her.

She has many other people she plays with who she will prioritize over me...

It is to the point where I have to join sites behind her back just to plot...

Advice anyone?

Anonymous poster hash: 16455...7f0

I never could understand the Jealousy On The Internet thing.  Been in that situation enough times to know how swiftly that kills the joy of writing, makes you even dread signing on at all.

There really isn't any advice to give, that you don't already know.  You just have to decide what's best for you to live with:

1. Stuffing your wants and desires to keep your friend happy, and your conscience clean.
  2. Confronting her, and possibly causing her to end the friendship (because I sense she is that sort of person).
  3. Go on sneaking behind her back and live with your guilty conscience. 

"Of all that is written, I love only what a man has written with

his own blood."  Friedrich Nietzsche ~ Thus Spake Zarathustra

3paIAn.gif 3pasUm.png 3ica7j.gif 3pa1UW.png