Advertising your site

anthrxmilkshake

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roleplay/

On my phone, so links are hard, but that's where I usually lurk. It looks quiet, but most interactions are over PMs instead of comments there. The key is, imo, to be clear that you're advertising a forum (most posts are for partners) and to reach out to users who seem to be interested in your board's genre.

• Thank you 1

Glub glub.

I've retired the old first and link back forums on my board. I didn't think it was productive, getting lost in pages of other ads ya know. I've gone affiliates only as far as on-site and just added a rule about them being open for at least two months old. Other than that I'm bumping on directories and using Tumblr more often, the ones that allow you to bump more than once a month. I've made tons of ads that I rotate each time I post and it seems to be working, nothings a sure thing though. 

• Like 1

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

• 3 months later...
On 3/14/2018 at 9:47 AM, Deep Sea said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roleplay/

On my phone, so links are hard, but that's where I usually lurk. It looks quiet, but most interactions are over PMs instead of comments there. The key is, imo, to be clear that you're advertising a forum (most posts are for partners) and to reach out to users who seem to be interested in your board's genre.

I've been thinking lately about trying advertising on reddit.  I admittedly need to go and look at the rules, but just in general on reddit, threads get covered pretty quickly.  I saw the rules about once per day, but are they cool with people posting like the same ads daily ooor?  Yeah I have no idea, I tend to peruse reddit without ever commenting.  

royals_rebels.gif