Hobbies you always wanted to try

Gothic

What is one hobby you wished you could get into? Although time restraints, finances and other things get in the way?

I really want to get into mounted archery. 

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Training my falsetto.  I can sing up to E6, but it's a scream.  C6s and occasional D6s are my comfort zone.  I have memorized parts from papist operas, as well as Geörg Händel's oratorio The Messiah.                                                                                                                                                                                         

• I read this! 1

There are several, really. I've always wanted to do allotment gardening. I can do it to a small extent in my garden, but I don't have the space or the greenhouses to grow a lot of things I want to, so I limit myself to flowers and herbs. It's one of the few ways I can get myself out doing exercise which I actually want to do, and I see the results at the end of it.

Train my dog to do fly-ball and agility. My current border collie is old (as he's a rescue dog) and has never shown much interest in chasing tennis balls, unlike the dog I had before him. He's also got bad arthritis in one of his back legs so for a collie, he's not that bouncy or active. He prefers to follow scent trails instead. I've never had the space or equipment to do this properly, either.

Wildlife photography. I've found that wild animals don't like the noise that normal cameras make and usually run off before you can take a good photo of them, but the equipment can be expensive. You also have to be careful where you place things so they don't get stolen or broken.

• I read this! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah, mounted archery! When watching the right movies/ playing the right videogames/ reading the right books, you end up feeling like it's a life skill everyone should have :D

Plain archery would already be a good one too!

There are a few martial arts I would want to try if there were no limitations.

I've been practicing impact sports on and off for over ten years (boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, french kickboxing) because it ends up being the cheapest fighting sport classes one can find, and it guarantees you to leave the classes feeling exhausted and sweated, but contented.

Costs, and dreading the money would be spent on sports not helping with cardio as much as the aforementioned sports had me avoid a few other arts out there. 

Otherwise, I'd love to try Kendo, Aikido, Judo, and Arnis. Perhaps anything involving weapon training, because how cool is that to be able to wave blades the right way without cutting your own hands off? I guess it comes from the same feeling everyone should know to fight without firearms and the such, like archery :P

• I read this! 2
oUIk3c.gif
Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more... 
Plenty of canons available, and OC are more than welcomed as well

Sailing. I love the water and I used to love going out in the boat to fish (just a little dinghy, nothing special.)

Unfortunately the local yacht club only runs lessons on the weekend - when I work. :(

• I read this! 2
  • Love 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

I've always wanted to learn to play the violin.

• I read this! 2

Play the guitar. Unfortunately, no time, money, or talent.

• I read this! 2

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

On 22/02/2018 at 9:48 PM, Stormwolfe said:

Play the guitar. Unfortunately, no time, money, or talent.

You should! Could always try a used or really cheap one (or even ukelele) to test it out. The hobby can be cheap if you're careful (or lazy - like me). As for talent: every guitarist is different - and time: you can play as much or as little as you want since it's a hobby.

I've always wanted to try sailing as well, especially since I live by the ocean, but the cheapest option had insurance problems. And the other hobby I wanted to do was off-trail running (or whatever you call it). 

• I read this! 1

I want to be able to knit big soft sweaters and blankets! 

Alas, I do not have the patience. >.>

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

Reality is an illusion. 

Soap making. I just started dabbling in essential oils (Made a pretty mean massage oil for hubby's restless leg syndrome), and wouldn't mind making natural soaps. 

ARCHERY. I bought myself a compound bow, and I went to the range I bought it from 2-3 times when my hubby was still just my boyfriend and lived near there (but the beginners sessions were on monday evenings and conflicted with work) and now I don't live anywhere near there to really practice. 

• I read this! 2
  • Like 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Aaarrrggghhhh! The bane of my life! Finding time to get to the range! I like going on Wednesdays because that's Lady's Day and range time is like half-price.

• Love 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Sewing. I've done the odd occasional bit of altering in the past, but if I had the time, I'd really like to make something.  

I really, really, really want to get into cooking. Like, expert level, chef status cooking. All those fancy pintrest recipes? I want to learn how to make those and plate them. I just don't have the time or energy most days to self teach. 

Also, cosplay and/or larping. I know it sounds totally nerdy, but I love online roleplay. I've always wanted to try roleplay IRL.

Ad.png

Oh boy. Ohhhhh boy. Let's see here.

- I was interested in lace making for a while there, but I don't think I have the patience for it ): alas. I diiiid look into crochet and knit laces, but they just don't have the delicate airiness that I like.

- Hang gliding! I will MAKE MYSELF FLY EVEN IF I WASN'T BORN A BIRD. I WILL DO IT. One day. One day I will learn...

- Jewelry making. I'm shit at designing jewelry compared to clothes tho =|

- I say I can sew but I pretty much only know how to work the machine. So...... it would be nice if I could get better at that and actually know wtf I'm doing.

- Candle making. Omg. Have you seen those videos where they dip the candles in multiple layers of wax and then carve them. It's so neat.

- I know how to work with clay but I haven't actually done it in years and I've always wanted to work with a pottery wheel.

- Metal smithing. I want to make a sword dammit.

- This is really niche but I'm a calligrapher and I've always wanted to work with metallic foils, like gold leaf and whatnot.

• Like 2

affbutton.png