Do you already have a planner/BuJo or are you planning to start one?

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

So we can figure out how many of us have started & how many are looking to start  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This way we know how to better provide resources and answer questions. We also encourage other members to offer resources and answers, and to make an album showing off your pretty planners/BuJos/et cetera. Also feel free to tell us how you use them or want to use them. =)

For example: My goal is two BuJos. One for health(mental & physical) and one for real life/hobby things(bills, groceries, RP posts).

But I know some people who have one for health, one for work, one for day-to-day life, one for RP/hobbies, etc. so go wild.

I want to one (bullet Journal) for character things: name, plot, and face claim ideas and things like that. I also want to create for a big fundraiser I have done IRL and can pass along to the next person who heads it up.

• Love 1

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

• 3 weeks later...

My bullet journal plans got derailed due to the start of the year being so hard, but they are getting back on track!  I feel like an RPG area for BUJO would be very effective. I Plan to supplement some of this by utilizing spaces in my goal planner to remind me of it. The tricky part with BUJO is actually setting down the time to impliment and create everything. The middle of a move is hard to do that, but it is why I kept some planner supplies purposefully unpacked so that I could play around on Sunday evenings! 

Perpetual work in progress. Stay tuned for more visual details as time rolls on! 

NewSig.png
Welcome to the City of Destiny

Wedding Season 1797
Forming Families Among the Rumors and the Joy
Will you ally for love or money, business or pleasure, peace or war?

I am terrible at keeping up with journals. I was forced to write one for uni in my first year, and deciding that I didn't have time for the thing, I mostly ignored it and only did the bare minimum. I don't think that I would keep up with a bullet journal either. I might start it with good intentions, but then further down the line something will happen, like getting sick, then I can't be bothered with keeping up with it and don't resume when I'm well again.

Instead, I just keep a notebook where I write down when the mood strikes and attempt to keep a list of things that need to be done and then forget about it - this is why, I think that even having a bullet journal would be useless to me.

• Love 1

I tried bullet journaling, but my dyspraxia makes it very hard for me to do anything involving drawing or writing on straight lines, so I switched to a Plum Paper Planner for this year. I am in love with it. Helps me keep track of when everything is, and I can make it even more aesthetically pleasing just with stickers and not having to write or draw anything!

While I live on my computer(s), for whatever reason having digital calendars and whatnot never helped me remember things or keep track the way a paper planner does, which is odd because I otherwise do not actually handwrite anything. I can't even really read my own writing most of the time. But I certainly can't track migraine flares with a computer (because I can't even look at one) and the planner helps me keep everything in one place! I've been reliably keeping with it and keeping a daily to-do list going since I started using it a month and a half ago without missing a day, so there's something about it that works better than the computer ... just not quite sure what it is.

I wanted to be better with the bullet journal, but every page I made was just ugly, and my lack of any even remote ability to draw made it more unhappy-making than productive. 

• Love 1

My avatar is by Jabberwoky @ The Peacekeeper's Age and used with permission!

I have a bullet journal, but I haven't used it since January. My life has gone BANANAS. :( I have great things to use in it too!

pvZERW.gif

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2018 at 3:40 PM, musicdiva1331 said:

I have a bullet journal, but I haven't used it since January. My life has gone BANANAS. :( I have great things to use in it too!

This happens sometimes. For awhile there I was BuJo-ing pretty regularly. Then life hit me hard, I fell off the wagon, and have been struggling to get on board again. It's like every time I think "I'll start" something pulls me back down and I'm just being dragged along by my crazy life like I'm stuck to a run-away carriage or something. Recently though I've made the firm decision to do something in that regard: I bought a ruler and post-it tabs. I figure, if I make the active choice of drawing a calendar in my BuJo that'll be a motivational step to push me forward. Perhaps you can find something similar? Even if it's just keeping a tiny to-do list for the day/week every so often until finally you feel like you can get back to doing the BuJo thing. . . the smallest effort can sometimes help. But even if you don't or can't right now? Don't fret or feel guilty or bad or anything negative. It'll happen when it happens. 😃

On 3/13/2018 at 12:40 PM, musicdiva1331 said:

Worry not!  I have had this issue with planners since I started creative planning/journaling and using them for different purposes around 2-3 years ago. It happens!  Anything from actually being too busy to sit down and write (and how often does this get to any of us? Carving out self time even planning time to plan can be hard) from illness, to events, anything. Depression used to throw me off, because I'd see what I had to do and become so anxious by it. Then, there would be not knowing what I wanted to put in things, or feeling I couldn't do it. It had the reverse affect it once had of actually helping me out. So, I stopped awhile. Then I rediscovered a drive by switching systems. I went from Happy Planners to trying Traveler's Notebooks, to Mini HP's and back over to spiral bounds to see what I really liked, what was my thing!

I adore BUJO and Frankenplanning *meaning I create hybrid systems* It really is my thing, and I still use other systems for different purposes.  I am setting a TN in my purse for my lists and idea book on the go, and a fuller size TN for faith things, and another for memory keeping, with no pressure on when I have to pick those up. Sometimes I like to just dress them up so they are ready for use because I enjoy making folders, tabs, etc.  It was only recently I began to do all of this consistantly again.

Don't feel bad you haven't done it since early this year, you can pick it up any time! What part do you find easiest to do. List, like Love Me said?  A little diagram of ideas?  Whatever you find easiest, do that. The rest will build with time!

Edited by Seahorse

NewSig.png
Welcome to the City of Destiny

Wedding Season 1797
Forming Families Among the Rumors and the Joy
Will you ally for love or money, business or pleasure, peace or war?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping that with changing jobs and moving out of the place I'm in I'll get back to it, because it will greatly decrease my stress to not be in my current job/program and my current living situation. I'm just looking forward to trying again.

pvZERW.gif