love bites but so do I

Guest TheHales

Guest TheHales

Hola, I'm Hales!

You may notice I'm a little obsessed with Halestorm and can make their songs apply to just about any situation or character. What can I say? It's a gift.

I've been roleplaying about half my life and tend to favor things of the modern fantasy genre, crime and mafia things, and I have this generally unspoken desire to join anything and everything carnival related. I blame The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern which stands alone as my all-time favorite book. I'm a forum roleplayer by trade, but I've done some messenger roleplaying in the past.

As far as movies go, I love anything and everything horror from the 80s and 90s. Hell, I just love the 80s and 90s period. The Breakfast Club will always top by list followed closely by The Craft, Scream, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and yes, I mean the original movie, not the tv show, though I do like that, too.

My hobby is collecting Funkos, and I'm obsessed to the point that I had customized ones made for Gambit and Rogue who are my favorite X-Men.  I have to brag on the person who made them so I'm attaching a picture. How awesome are those? :D

In total, I have 37 Funkos, including the four new ones I bought today because I found them on sell. I think my current favorite ones are Tiffany from Bride of Chucky and the DC Bombshells version of Poison Ivy, though I'm still mad they don't have a Black Canary one. #Laureldeservesbetter

I'm also addicted to Dr. Pepper.
I am completely aware of this addiction and feel no shame in my dependence. Even my students know that the way to my heart is a Dr. Pepper or Reese's or anything chocolate really. Who doesn't love chocolate, though?

RogueandGambit.jpg

Those are ADORABLE. I don't have custom ones, but I do have a small army of funkos myself. (That Gambit was totally Jesse from Preacher, wasn't he?)

I'll also pimp out the Modern Fantasy Circle coterie - Links in my sidebar. 

Guest TheHales
14 minutes ago, Rune said:

(That Gambit was totally Jesse from Preacher, wasn't he?)

I'll also pimp out the Modern Fantasy Circle coterie - Links in my sidebar. 

The Crow, actually! It's also the head of the Tenth Doctor. XD

Ohhh, a must learn about coteries!

Hiya Hales

Welcome to the Initiative. The Craft is also one of my favorite movies. And ti's so hard to find fans of the Original Buffy movie *High Five you!*

Places you can find me at.

A Play by Post V5 VTM RP

sister-site.png.68d0a6b60fc4e963bee0749be8f8c22f.png

• Admin

Hello and welcome to the Initiative @TheHales. Buffy The Vampire Slayer is a great movie.

Still my favorite scene:

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

The Breakfast Club, Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, AND a Dr. Pepper addictions? Be still my heart! *swoons!*

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

Guest TheHales
11 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Hello and welcome to the Initiative @TheHales. Buffy The Vampire Slayer is a great movie.

Still my favorite scene:

Nothing will EVER top that scene. There are few death scenes quite so dramatically played out, love the foot kicking. XD

9 hours ago, Misty said:

The Breakfast Club, Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, AND a Dr. Pepper addictions? Be still my heart! *swoons!*

I cannot help how amazing I am. It's a gift. :D

@TheHales

Hello and welcome to the Initiative! I hope that you find everything you're looking for and more!

I ADORE YOUR POP FIGURES! Those are super cute. My husband collects them and he has so many that it's ridiculous. You two should talk. :P

B-Fast Club is amazing, and I actually took inspiration from the movie and put it into a character on my site. So great. I, too, love Buffy, The Craft, etc. Anything that gives me witchy or supernatural vibes, is definitely on my radar. 

Dr. Pepper is life. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself or another staff member. I hope to see you around the board and don't forget to check out our coteries! Feel free to say hello from time to time too! <3 

Also, I should add that most people don't even know the movie for Buffy exists, so that excited me to read!

Ad.png

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Hales.

Kristy Swanson and Peewee Herman! Fun movie.

Also caught the titular reference to the Adam Ant vampire flick.  ;)

One of my all-time faves is The Lost Boys.  

"Of all that is written, I love only what a man has written with

his own blood."  Friedrich Nietzsche ~ Thus Spake Zarathustra

3paIAn.gif 3pasUm.png 3ica7j.gif 3pa1UW.png 

Guest TheHales
19 hours ago, Patrick said:

Howdy Hales.

Kristy Swanson and Peewee Herman! Fun movie.

Also caught the titular reference to the Adam Ant vampire flick.  ;)

One of my all-time faves is The Lost Boys.  

I feel like I'm about to disappoint you, but I was referencing a Halestorm song with that title. XD

I have never seen the vampire flick with Adam Ant that you referenced, though I do love some Lost Boys! Original only because it's sequels are trash regardless of how much of a cutie Keifer Sutherland's little brother was.

Welcome!

Carnival, huh? What aspects of that genre most appeal to you? I see these RPs popping up every now and again, but I've never seen a long-lasting one.

@TheHales

WoL___dark01.png

Guest TheHales
6 hours ago, Uaithne said:

Welcome!

Carnival, huh? What aspects of that genre most appeal to you? I see these RPs popping up every now and again, but I've never seen a long-lasting one.

@TheHales

Honestly, I've always loved that whole vibe of excitement and mystery and just kind of the anything can happen magic. I've read and watched a lot of things involving carnivals (creepy and normal) which have just made me like them more. There's so many interesting occupations within carnivals, too, and that whole traveler vibe of going anywhere at anytime or just getting away from everything appeals to me. Probably because I'm so very structured in life.

The lack of staying power for RPs of that type is why I'm so hesitant to join because I get really attached to the characters I make so how do I cope with the site getting cancelled? XD