Incorporating RPG & Writing Into Your Planner

Seahorse

Since we are a group of planners for various reasons as well as a community of RPG nerds, I wanted to know if anyone has incorporated RPG into their planner spreads in the past, or is this a future goal you are looking to pursue?  For a little while when I first started planning, I wondered if RPG was "important" enough to have to plan for.  This thought was sussed out of my head quicker than not. All I had to do was ask myself the following questions:

- Was I passionate about it?
- Did it occupy a great deal of my free time?
- Did it have roles that needed to be defined out?
- Did it have projects I wanted to complete and time frames for them?

If the answer is yes to any of those questions? It was well worth planning it out instead of trusting my head to remember everything or myself to look at the forum, even my thread tracker, and catch every thread to reply to, every arc to plan, or anything else forum related. It even includes socializing on community sites which I've had to remind myself in the past to do. No matter what it is, if you find a reason for it, you should plan it! 

I wanted to start by asking does anyone else use their planner areas, spreads in planners, or a specific listing system for their posts? If so, what styles do you prefer?  In the next day or so, I plan to post up images at my past attempts to organize the perfect system. For me, that is still a work in progress!  Let's also talk about how you like to organize your creative time in general! 

NewSig.png
Welcome to the City of Destiny

Wedding Season 1797
Forming Families Among the Rumors and the Joy
Will you ally for love or money, business or pleasure, peace or war?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

Before I fell off the wagon, I was using my BuJo for RP related things as well. Generally it was either by a general listing of "make x group posts today" or sometimes more specific breakdowns "post for y and z characters in x group today". There were days where being more specific helped as I could break my posts into posting for two characters on one site, a character on another site, two characters on another site, etc. that way I wasn't focusing all on one site at once. That was when I was more spread out. It helped me though to keep more on the ball with things when I was able, and also helped me track when it was my turn in a thread(used in conjunction with my thread tracker, of course, as I'd check it first then mark down what was finished, dead, awaiting a post).

It's something I really am looking to get back into now. While my one aim is a health related BuJo, the other one I want to be more writing & RP related(this includes things like graphics, coding, etc). I'd be interested to see how others use their own, if they do, and their processes.