Howdy!

MythArchangel

Hey all! I'm Myth. I've been RPG gaming for over twenty years. I'm a lover of High Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Cyberpunk, and I've spent almost as much (if not more) DMing/GMing than I have being a character! I'm a 34 year old stay at home father who doesn't have a whole lot of time to slot away to play consistently, but I really miss it because I haven't played in a long while!

Looking around to see what's about and try to play a game  where I can, even if it's an online game rather than face-to-face!

• Like 1

Down for any game if I can make it fit my ever-shifting schedule!

I'm a big big fan of tabletop.  I've DM'ed off and on for five years.  For me, play-by-post and tabletop are totally different, because tabletop is more centered on characters' actions and story progression as opposed feelings and character development, but I love them both.  

What's your favorite tabletop system?  Mine is DnD v3.5 but I've played on several.

• Like 1

I played 3.5 for a loooooong time, and 5e took a while to get used to, but I've come to really enjoy it, finding it a lot more streamlined and while I wouldn't call it 'dumbed down', I would say they've made it easier to play by trying to get rid of a lot of unnecessary numbers which I can appreciate.

And yes, I agree, online and tabletop are way different.  But right now I'm so starved for RP that I'll take what I can get!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Welcome to the Initiative!

If you can't find what you're looking for here, you can't find it anywhere! This is an awesome community for everything roleplay. They offer all kinds of games listed in the Directory and, I believe, there's also a Wanteds forum here too.

It's a great group and everyone is really awesome with helping folks out.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Hey, welcome! I really appreciate stay-at-home dads, I have amazing memories of chillin' with my dad growing up, watching TV and eating lunch together and chatting. I hope your kids get the same great memories!

Have you ever run/participated in an RP with a homebrew system before? I kinda have regrets about attempting to tackle a cyberpunk setting with a homemade stat system in the past, lol

Glub glub.

When I was in highschool I actually co-created with a friend a homebrew high-fantasy system. It was stupid and it didn't work out very well, but we put a lot of time and effort into it and into the world we crafted, and it wouldn't be hard to translate that setting to a D&D system.

Forums are great if you don't have a lot of time! Since you reply when you can and your partner does the same! 

Welcome to the fun! Go peek at the directory and see if anything jumps out at you! There's a wide variety out there!

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @MythArchangel we're glad to have you! Good luck on getting back into it.

@Dragon

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@MythArchangel

Hello and welcome to the Initiative! I hope that you find something that snags your interest on here - there are tons of sites out there and tons that I think fall into your favorite genres. It's super cool that you're into tabletop too - that's a new area that I've started to get into this year myself, and I am kicking myself for not finding it/giving it a shot earlier. Hoping to actually DM my first story soon, so helpful tips are always appreciated. :)

Please let myself or one of the other staff members know if you have any questions. Hope to see you around the forums! 

Ad.png