Blooming Dangerously

Oleander

Hello, hello~ My name is Oleander! And this is my introduction thread....

• How long have you been RPing? 12 years, give or take. I don't really could the 2-3 before that point which were mostly chat-style RPs.
  • What are your favorite RP genres? Supernatural, Urban-Fantasy, Urban-High-Fantsy, SciFi, Historical-Fantasy.... I like a lot.
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Forum!
  • What country are you from? The United States
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? That's a bit of a hard pick... I'll have to get back to you on that...
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? Art, Visual Novels (Otome), Teaching Myself Coding, Reading, Drafting Novels, Board Games
    • Art - My style is a mixture of Western and Anime. I like to think of it as a nice blend and I favor digital art over traditional. For some reason when I add color traditionally I feel like my pieces loose the "life" in them.
    • Visual Novels (Otome) - This is a guilty pleasure of mine but at the same time is a huge pet project of mine. I'd love to be able to make my own Visual Novel Otome some day. Something in the vein of Black Wolves Saga and Nameless...
    • Teaching Myself Coding - This is a great way for me to just turn my brain off. I enjoy learning Python (for visual novel construction) and HTML/CSS for skinning my own forum projects.
    • Reading/Drafting Novels - Urban Fantasy is an addiction for me. My favorite species to read about are Fae and Vampires. Blood drinking fae? The ultimate weakness!!!
    • Board Games - Magic the Gathering/Game of Thrones the Card Game/Dead of Winter/ A Touch of Evil/ More to Come...
  • What's your favorite color? Lilac & Silver
  • What's your favorite drink? Oolong Tea... Or most teas.

I am a member of 4 forums and am currently building 4 of my own. Sounds like a lot... but all of my own projects will be casual style and slow burn plots, at first anyway. Here's to hoping that I meet a few nice friends and generate interest in my projects! Thanks for taking the time to read this speil~! Hopefully I'll add more cool tid-bits later...

Edited by Oleander
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

• Admin

Well I think @Rune needs to be in here to rope you into her shenanigans.

Welcome to the Initiative @Oleander

Which Game of Thrones card game? (I know of three Game of throne games so I'm curious).

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I love oleanders! For me, they are a symbol of Greece, Israel and the republic of Georgia - they grow so many there!

Welcome to the Initiative!

Edited by Elena

• Admin
2 hours ago, Rune said:

we've got a coterie for that!

I like that phrase. We should make it a thing. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Guest TheHales
13 hours ago, Oleander said:

• Reading/Drafting Novels - Urban Fantasy is an addiction for me. My favorite species to read about are Fae and Vampires. Blood drinking fae? The ultimate weakness!!

Hey, Oleander! This has me intrigued. Any suggestions for books involving blood-drinking fae? That seriously sounds awesome and like something I've never encountered.

@Oleander

Welcome to the Initiative! Seems like we have a lot in common - urban fantasy, MtG, etc. Can we just be friends? I am also writing some of my own things while running a forum myself based on the lore/setting of my *hopeful* novels. Fingers crossed I can finish my first draft within the next few months of the first one I'm writing. I'm so close I can taste it! I'm a total werewolf/shifter freak, so we'd compliment each other very well. You can write all of my vampire/fae stuff, and I'll take care of your wolfie goodness :P

Anyway, I hope that you take a peek around. You should join the Modern Fantasy coterie! I think you'd like it a lot. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to myself or one of the other staff members! I hope to talk to you on the forums; don't be afraid to say hello! :)

Ad.png

@Morrigan It's been a few months since I've played but... It's the one where you can pick 1-2 house decks and battle other players. I used to play Tully and my friend would always wipe the floor with me using Night's Watch.

@Elena Oleanders are beautiful! They are one of my favorite flowers~

@Rune I'll have to check out those links! Haha and I love to keep busy, so that I never really loose muse for a project. The switching back and forth helps me to keep things fresh and prevent burn out... which has been hard since I just got a new job. (Major mental burn out from training)

@TheHales What first comes to mind is the October Daye series, the MC is a Fae who drinks blood to see memories and has some sort of blood magic. (It's been a while but I've loved the concept ever since, and I don't think I've really seen it since... Except in small works that slip my memory.)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! ❤️

• Like 1

• Admin

That's too bad. There are many punny ways you can express your win if you beat them. Like telling them that their watch is over.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Guest TheHales
17 hours ago, Oleander said:

@TheHales What first comes to mind is the October Daye series, the MC is a Fae who drinks blood to see memories and has some sort of blood magic. (It's been a while but I've loved the concept ever since, and I don't think I've really seen it since... Except in small works that slip my memory.)

I totally forgot about October Daye! I've read a handful of the books in that series, can't remember why I stopped reading but I suddenly have a desire to start it again thanks to you. :D

19 hours ago, TheHales said:

I totally forgot about October Daye! I've read a handful of the books in that series, can't remember why I stopped reading but I suddenly have a desire to start it again thanks to you. :D

I just got the most recent book from the library. Personally, I'm a little disappointed in October. It started as a good mix of high and low fantasy. However, later on in the series October has become too OP. D: But I'm super picky with my reading material LOL

Guest TheHales
On 3/21/2018 at 11:41 AM, Oleander said:

I just got the most recent book from the library. Personally, I'm a little disappointed in October. It started as a good mix of high and low fantasy. However, later on in the series October has become too OP. D: But I'm super picky with my reading material LOL

You know, I'm thinking now that I might have quit when the OPing started with her. She was pretty balanced for awhile then the balance just shifted which is why I always hated lengthy series compared to 3-4 books ones. XD

33 minutes ago, TheHales said:

You know, I'm thinking now that I might have quit when the OPing started with her. She was pretty balanced for awhile then the balance just shifted which is why I always hated lengthy series compared to 3-4 books ones. XD

Yeah. It carries for me. I like Harry Potter and that was pretty long. But I feel like JK has a healthy balance of entertainment and plot holes. SMG.... is leaning more towards plot holes/OP for my tastes.

46 minutes ago, bunny said:

Hi nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you too! ❤️