Mybb forum structure

Frizbee

So I have a self-hosted site using mybb structure/coding. I've moved over from Jcink and I'm not all familiar with the layout and what can/can't be used from the stuff we have already on jcink.

Basically we would like to have our OOC forums side by side, and our IC forums stacked one on top of the other and we're not sure how to accomplish that. I was wondering if anyone had any helpful resources for Mybb, or any tips they could share to make this happen.

Not sure if I need to give any more information but happy to provide just let me know! Any help is appreciated <3

• Admin

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Ooh boy, do I have the code for you

To do what you want to do however, we need to do one minor change to the forumbit depth 1 cat template (from the code in that link)

Find this: <div class="forum-flex">

And change it to this

<div class="forum-flex f{$forum['fid']}">

This is going to allow us to get rid of the flex for some categories. The forum fid variable is the forum id. The URL to a category will end in a number, that number is the ID. So, find the ID for the in character categories and add this to the CSS, below the CSS provided in my link. Replace X with the number.

.forum-flex.fX { display: block; }

That ought to do what you want! Let me know if you have any issues (Feel free to @ me) and I can take a proper look. It won't be until later tomorrow when I'm at my computer.

• Love 2

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

@Kit the Human Thank you SO much! I haven't had a chance to try this out yet, but thank you! And I really appreciate you offering to take a look too if we need it ❤️

• You're Welcome 1