Greetings from Nowhere

ReDRidingHood

Greetings from nowhere!

My name is ReD and I've been Rping for a very long time. I just moved from a small town to the middle of nowhere to the city of Philadelphia and I am loving the culture shock of people asking me what i want to do on a Wednesday night when everything in my hometown would have been closed by 9.

Outside of the RP World, I work in mental health. I'm a pretty quiet, boring person and my hobbies reflect that: I enjoy sitting quietly and reading books, collecting postcards (still trying to get one from the Isle of Man!), and hiking with my dog. I love, love, love folklore, fairytales, and fantasy.  As an ex-library employee, I am also very passionate about asking 900000 questions about your favorite books.

I'm looking forward to spending time here!

If you're stopping by to say hello, I'd love to hear about the time you thought your saw a ghost or what book you're reading now. :)

• Admin

tumblr_m5lr4nSXl11ryu6emo1_500.gif

Welcome to the Initiative @ReDRidingHood we're glad to have. Enjoy your stay. I don't read and never experienced a ghost, sorry.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thank you so much for the welcome!

And for the courage gif :))

I often feel like that doggo

• Admin

You did say you live in nowhere.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

1 minute ago, Morrigan said:

You did say you live in nowhere.

ngl, add some mountains in the background and courage's house looks a bit like my neighbor's when I was growing up.

luckily (or unluckily?) we did not have as many spooky occurrences and ive only had catfish in my bathtub, not barracuda 

• LOL 1

Greetings from a fellow postcard collector who loves folklore (all countries') and fairy tales! I am sailing to you from the Black Sea, more specifically from Romania. 

And I have a Red Riding Hood doll I named Ruby (after asking on FB to those who watch Disney personified movies what was the Red Riding Hood's name there).

Edited by Elena

I might have to poke at you and @Elena. I've got a couple vintage post cards from my area I've been waiting to do something with....

If you like books, check out our book club coterie! Links in my sidebar!

• Agree 1

Red you and I need to chat sometime. Folklore/mythology is the backbone of like 90% of my RP characters~ 

Guest TheHales

Hey, ReD! Welcome to the Initiative! 

Although I can never say that I've seen a ghost, I've lived with a couple. We had one growing up who liked to lock doors, and the cat we had for 17 years still haunts my parents' house so that's something, right? Also, I do love me some fairytales and folklore so we should chat about those topics! My ultimate favorite possession is an early printing of one of the original Brothers Grimm collections that originally belonged to my grandmother. I think Aschenputtel has to be my favorite despite how little I like actual Cinderella. XD

Hey and welcome ReD!

I'm sadly in between books at the moment (I should fix that!), but once when half asleep, I thought I heard and felt my cat get on my bed after she had passed away. It was more a comforting rather than scary experience, although I prefer not to don't believe in ghosts!

4 hours ago, Elena said:

Greetings from a fellow postcard collector who loves folklore (all countries') and fairy tales! I am sailing to you from the Black Sea, more specifically from Romania. 

And I have a Red Riding Hood doll I named Ruby (after asking on FB to those who watch Disney personified movies what was the Red Riding Hood's name there).

!!!! 

I never thought i'd run into another postcard collector on an RP site, let alone one who loves folklore & fairytales so I'm very hype to meet you.

Also, I have this goal that I'll never achieve of visiting the countries surrounding the black sea. Romania has been at the top of my list. I hope it's as beautiful as I've imagined!

4 hours ago, Crimson said:

Hello and welcome 

Thank you so much! It's great to be here!

4 hours ago, Rune said:

I might have to poke at you and @Elena. I've got a couple vintage post cards from my area I've been waiting to do something with....

If you like books, check out our book club coterie! Links in my sidebar!

I'd love to see photos sometime if you're willing to share! I used to schedule postcard meet ups in my home town but haven't since I've moved, so I've been missing it.

And I will definitely be checking that out, thank you!

3 hours ago, Oleander said:

Red you and I need to chat sometime. Folklore/mythology is the backbone of like 90% of my RP characters~ 

!!!!!!!

Once i figure out how to get the PMs to work I will most certainly be reaching out. I love love love folklore characters so I'd be hype to hear!

2 hours ago, TheHales said:

Hey, ReD! Welcome to the Initiative! 

Although I can never say that I've seen a ghost, I've lived with a couple. We had one growing up who liked to lock doors, and the cat we had for 17 years still haunts my parents' house so that's something, right? Also, I do love me some fairytales and folklore so we should chat about those topics! My ultimate favorite possession is an early printing of one of the original Brothers Grimm collections that originally belonged to my grandmother. I think Aschenputtel has to be my favorite despite how little I like actual Cinderella. XD

I'm screaming in jealousy over your book, but mostly because that's so nice to have something like that passed down in your family. I'm sure it's very meaningful to have obtained it through your grandmother, that is so very lovely! And yes!! we must definitely chat about folklore & fairytales, I would be hype!

And ghosts that lock doors and the cat that still lives at home are the kind of stories I love to hear, thank you for sharing!

24 minutes ago, Sailor V said:

Hey and welcome ReD!

I'm sadly in between books at the moment (I should fix that!), but once when half asleep, I thought I heard and felt my cat get on my bed after she had passed away. It was more a comforting rather than scary experience, although I prefer not to don't believe in ghosts!

I like to think I don't believe in ghosts, but it's easy to say that in the day time.

At night in an old creaky house....well, that's a whole other story. :)

Thank you for sharing about your cat though, that's very sweet, and I'm sorry for your loss.

• Love 1

@ReDRidingHood

Hmm. I didn't *see* a ghost, but we had some that I felt in one of the houses we lived in when I was a kid. I grew up in rural Indiana, and apparently our house was settled on some civil war era cemetery that had weathered away. There were also rumors of Native American's using it as a burial site back in the day.  Anyway, I was in my senior year of high school and got so freaked out because I felt someone standing in my bathroom door way. I had to sleep on a couch for close to two years because I refused to sleep in my bedroom. It's weird to me, but it felt like a woman was there and she was not kind at all. There was also another spirit that kept her in check - a man of some sort. He used to sit at our kitchen table and watch over me while I slept at night. Him I did see a few times. We had instances of our names being called from the other end of the house and no one there when we went to check, to doors slamming shut in front of us. All in all, it was a pretty creepy experience but kinda neat now that I look back on it. 

Anyway, welcome to the Initiative! If you have any questions, feel free to connect with myself or one of the other staff. We're always here to help! I look forward to seeing your around the forums! 

Ad.png