Advertising Rules: A rant

Rune

They really didn’t go out of their way to be helpful at all. If anything, they’re coming across as some kind of elitist who lets themselves froth up at the idea of somebody daring to make a mistake. By having all their little hoops and templates to fill out, they also aren’t making it easy as others pointed out. 

Which I’ve never understood in most resource sites. Advertising tends to be the least favorite staffing job so why would anybody in the role playing realm make it that much harder to do it? 

Bah. Long live the Initiative. 

• Agree 2
  • You're Welcome 1

Reality is an illusion. 

Yeah this speaks to my heart almost everyone post does...I hate having to jump through hoops (Not to athletic) Ok bad joke but its true, its a nightmare and Initiative has made it so easy to advertise as a source. I been half tempted to allow only link backs and not first links. Why because I have issues finding their ad boards when they are not in a link a top...sometimes they have sooooooooooooo many forums but no link to get to advertising that I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get tot he advertising board it gets ridiculous....My thing is if you have that many boards make it easy have links or something but this is my rant over advertising.....

• Agree 1

Places I Rp where you can find me

Crossroads To Hell

spacer.png

Dark Envy

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, Crimson said:

I been half tempted to allow only link backs and not first links. 

Please don't do that, it's annoying and one of my personal peeves. I advert a lot and there's one thing I've come across recently that I can't stand in the least and this is it. 

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

2 hours ago, Crimson said:

I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get tot he advertising board it gets ridiculous

CTRL+F "Advert" has saved me so much goddamn time I can't even begin to tell you.

• Agree 2
  • Preach it! 2

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

What ticks me off on other sites, is that they say to place your ad in the appropriate board - but then that subboard does not have guest posting enabled ---- because the staff want to double-check your ad before sorting it manually themselves. 

What. The ever living. Seven Hells. 

• Agree 2
  • LOL 1
  • Preach it! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

11 hours ago, Sage said:

CTRL+F "Advert" has saved me so much goddamn time I can't even begin to tell you.

thank you thank you Right over my head

3 hours ago, CovertSphinx said:

What ticks me off on other sites, is that they say to place your ad in the appropriate board - but then that subboard does not have guest posting enabled ---- because the staff want to double-check your ad before sorting it manually themselves. 

What. The ever living. Seven Hells. 

Wow just wow

Places I Rp where you can find me

Crossroads To Hell

spacer.png

Dark Envy

spacer.png

Ads should be sweet and simple. Plug it in and BAM! The only time I ever have issues with ads is when they a.) disregard the rules and post before their ads disappear or b.) their images are taken from their skin's header so stretches the board waaaay out of control. The only time I ever went onto a site to complain about it (twice, in fact) was when they posted their ad at my site 3 times in 24 hours and then posted yet another ad a week later when our rules say "once every 30 days." It was the worst case of advertising spam I had ever experienced that I sort of lost my cool, lol. Have not seen an ad from them since, thankfully.