Do you write for an audience?

Elena

Do you like that people read your posts?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Elena said:

What when you have a thread alone, or when you write something alone? Then there is not a writing partner...

I don't write alone threads. My solo writing goes on my blog, so in theory, there is a general target audience, even if just my Facebook friends.

• Like 1

Shady McShaderson

I always write for an audience, which is somewhat silly, but #yolo. While I don't expect or need people to read my posts, I write my posts kind of like a sitcom -- where I explain things that have been explained in other threads so that you don't have to read all of my posts to know what he hizz-eck is happening if you just pop into a random thread because you're curious. 

That said, I even do this in private 1x1s through email? So goodness knows why I write that way. (Perhaps its for the #bigbrother reading my emails who are not genuinely invested in my RP characters, but doesn't want to read back?)

tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

At first I have to admit I found it strange when anyone other than my writing partner read my stuff but now I actually enjoy it. I like when people are moved by what I write even if it's not directly related to them. 

• Like 1

WibBanner.jpg

I write for the sake of the rp. I write to keep it interesting and to develop the characters and plots involved - if anyone else happens to read it then I'm cool with that. I'm no professional writer, but I'm pretty happy with my writing capabilities, so I'm comfortable enough if others view my stories. 

• Like 1

Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one. 

• 2 weeks later...

I write for myself - if I like it, great! - but I adore people reading my writing because it tells me that they're interested in what my character does. I don't need them to read it, but it's just nice to see.