Graphics Submission Contest Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rune

Rune's Awful Advert Reviews

I will judge you. It might make sense. It might even be helpful. Or it might just be a letter grade.

It is a mystery! 

Show me what you got! Also, if the title/description are an important part feel free to include those! 

• Like 1

I... kinda wanna see what you think LOL I have several variations of this with different images, but hey I could use some feedback on the basic idea xD

our stories are written in blood and forged in the fires of hell...
HIGH FANTASY | 70+ SPECIES | WELL ESTABLISHED | 10+ WORLDS
animbanner2017.gif
forum - website - newbie guide - mentoring project - plot - tumblr -  deviantART
...and plenty of freedom to do what you want, instead of what's expected.

discordbtacd3.png

I fear reviews! However, I am also going to request a review of our wild west site's ad.

I'd love to get overall impressions, improvements, etc. I am graphics challenged on a good day, so won't be able to make huge changes to that, but could do minor modifications.

Thanks @Rune.  You're a gem!

8 hours ago, Verridith said:

I... kinda wanna see what you think LOL I have several variations of this with different images, but hey I could use some feedback on the basic idea xD

The guy makes me immediately assume you're an anime forum, but that's me.

A+ for links!

Discord is hard to read, might be the dark background, though.

7 hours ago, Rune said:

The guy makes me immediately assume you're an anime forum, but that's me.

A+ for links!

Discord is hard to read, might be the dark background, though.

Oooh I could easily add a quicky white border around the Discord thing - didn't even think about that LOL, ty!

On 4/3/2018 at 2:32 PM, Stormwolfe said:

I fear reviews! However, I am also going to request a review of our wild west site's ad.

I'd love to get overall impressions, improvements, etc. I am graphics challenged on a good day, so won't be able to make huge changes to that, but could do minor modifications.

Thanks @Rune.  You're a gem!

Oooh, I wasn't expecting a Directory listing! 

I like the icon/cover combo. 

Maybe more info on the types of characters you're after? Or about the town/setting. The emphasis on movies/tv shows seems weirdly misleading. Like you're secretly a John Wayne RP.

Having more site updates would be nice, too. Especially some IC ones!

8 hours ago, Rune said:

Oooh, I wasn't expecting a Directory listing! 

I like the icon/cover combo. 

Maybe more info on the types of characters you're after? Or about the town/setting. The emphasis on movies/tv shows seems weirdly misleading. Like you're secretly a John Wayne RP.

Having more site updates would be nice, too. Especially some IC ones!

@Rune

Thank you so very much! The review wasn't as bad as I feel my ad is!

I actually had a lot of what you suggested in my old ad, but it felt very cumbersome. I will happily put it back.

Adding the site updates is easy. I need to read up and see what others have done.

Thanks again! Will revise ASAP.

I've never been really good at writing adverts so I am thinking I need a LOT of help. So this is what it is.

Small%20Banner.jpg

Present day San Francisco. Things have been peaceful between the races for many years until the appearance of the church, Our Light of Hope. Things changed when the hunters learned what the races spent many years keeping from humans. That they exist. Humans believe that all the 'monsters' are myths. Yet, they are very real. Now some humans, especially those of the church, have begun learning the truth. With some turning up missing and younger vampires getting sick and dying, each of the races are starting to know what lies before them. A storm is coming. What happens next?

Any help would be appreciated.

9 hours ago, Prophetess said:

I've never been really good at writing adverts so I am thinking I need a LOT of help. So this is what it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mind if I rewrite?

IMAGE HERE

18+ Supernatural GENRE INFO HERE BLAH BLAH BLAH

Present Day San Francisco, USA

Link to Rules | Link to App | Link to Plot | Link to Ads

Things were peaceful until the church, Our Light of Hope, arrived. 

The majority of humanity remains in the dark, but the Church has begun exposing the things that go bump in the night.

As the 'monsters' were forced into revealing themselves, hunters sprang up to deal with the preternatural problem as it arose.

Young vampires are dying by unknown cause. Werewolves and fae have gone missing.

The supernatural, suddenly exposed and vulnerable, are struggling to decide the path that lies before them.

It is easy to cast the blame at one another and infighting is abundant. 

The world is changing. What will be your Resolution?

Written with just what you gave me and a quick peek at your storyline on site.

• Love 1

singing Pour, some, salt on mehh~ 

The Onyx Treaty
+ Original + Modern Day + Fantasy + Supernatural + Intrigue +
In Ages past, the Gods detailed a document of laws to govern the complete concealment of the Mythical and Arcane from humankind. Today, the entire secret is about to unravel. The only question is, who will have the power of rule?

Features

• 18+, Rated 3-3-3(for explicit content), Jcink Premium
  • No Word Count
  • No Activity Checks
  • No mandatory templates (Including Character Profiles)
  • Open World Lore - Join/Create a broader plot or play Sandbox at your discretion
  • Canon IC organizations with the option to create your own
  • No Stat System
  • Forum Shop with magical Items, Abilities, and fun OOC effects for members to play with
  • Adoptables

I had to adjust the coding a bit because apparently the way its originally set up only works on other jcink boards (for the most part, sometimes the site settings don't let me actually make the title bigger). 

On 4/10/2018 at 6:58 AM, CovertSphinx said:

singing Pour, some, salt on mehh~ 

I had to adjust the coding a bit because apparently the way its originally set up only works on other jcink boards (for the most part, sometimes the site settings don't let me actually make the title bigger). 

I think you could do away with (for explicit content) but beyond that A+!

Do you have a species list? Might be good to include a link to or a number. (5 species to pick from!) Images are also eye-catching and if you lack one, I'd recommend it.

On 4/10/2018 at 7:33 AM, Dragon said:

dbd_ad_01.jpg

wendigoad_simp.png

1 - Laughing chick seems SO out of place! Is she laughing at death? Is the werewolf offended by her laughter?

2 - I can't even read that one. I'd recommend a darker text for the name and a larger font for the description at the bottom.

Otherwise, I like 'em! Simple, clear and to the point!

• Love 1
  • Thank you 1

Aiight, I'll bite! Savage me, Rune.

ppFePn.png
18 + | post-Potter | non-canon | set in australia

There's nowhere quite like Australia. And there's nowhere quite like Tallygarunga, Australia's backwater wizarding school----the only one unfortunate enough to be wholly government owned. 

The Victorian Ministry of Magic has a bone to pick with the people of Tallygarunga. Things are about to get shook up, and whether you're a resident, student, staff, or Ministry... there's no way this is going to end well.

Which side are you on? Tally? The Ministry? It's time to get off the fence. 
Welcome to
TALLYGARUNGA

GET STARTED | POSITIONS AVAILABLE | ADOPTABLES | CREATION GUIDE